Page 1 of 2
LastLast

3v3 Hunter ALL Play SV Now

I smiled looking at the 3v3 seeing I play SV excessively...

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3

The top 3v3 player is SV and in the top 50 each and every hunter plays SV!

I don't think they thought this through very much when they made SV hunters for WoD...

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=63458 + http://www.wowhead.com/spell=157751 = 12 sec cd on freezing trap and knockback fire trap. Not to mention exotic munitions scaling with mastery and roots on ice traps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I don't think they thought this through very much when they made SV hunters for WoD...

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=63458 + http://www.wowhead.com/spell=157751 = 12 sec cd on freezing trap and knockback fire trap. Not to mention exotic munitions scaling with mastery and roots on ice traps.
    If you use Snake trap glyph you get the root and it's not shared with freezing trap. Only real issue is it's bugged so ever time you zone you have to lay one down normally for it to work with trap launcher otherwise you get spammed with "out of range" any time you try to launch it. Still good though.

Explosive traps knockback has a 30 second internal cd, so you can't do it more often than 30 seconds. And the dr on freezing trap would be bad. Most of the top hunters on US are bm though.

Quote Originally Posted by r1dik View Post
    Explosive traps knockback has a 30 second internal cd, so you can't do it more often than 30 seconds. And the dr on freezing trap would be bad. Most of the top hunters on US are bm though.
    How does this ICD work on explosive trap? In PVE it certainly doesn't. Unless you're referring to DR on being knocked back? Either way, it allows for better recovery. You should see some of the shit I've pulled off with it before. I've missed an ice trap and flung a guy 20y back into it while they were moving before. The shorter cooldowns have really helped me control the field with my Survival WAY more than i could have ever dreamed otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by r1dik View Post
    I don't have a 100 hunter but I haven't heard of anything like an ICD for explosive trap. Also you don't have to trap the same person with freezing trap; especially the most common comp ret/hunter/healer has no real aoe part to it and they can constantly be instant cc'ing both the healer and off target dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

I was confused for a second. I read it as Triple-Sv-Hunter-team at top of 3v3 leaderboard.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I don't have a 100 hunter but I haven't heard of anything like an ICD for explosive trap. Also you don't have to trap the same person with freezing trap; especially the most common comp ret/hunter/healer has no real aoe part to it and they can constantly be instant cc'ing both the healer and off target dps.
    Yeah there is an ICD on the Knockback itself which means if you use it too often the target you're trying to knock will just be "immune" and not move at all.

Deleted
    The reason sv is so popular is the fact that you can pretty much cc the enemy healer by urself for ~17seconds with binding shot as a filler between your shorter cooldown traps. Also the lack of major dps cooldowns means you do constant damage and when Lnl procs you melt faces. If sv had killshot there would be no reason to play the other 2 specs imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    All three specs seem to be doing well in arena, which is rather rare but pretty cool. I'm still salty about the stupid damage hunters do however while barely being able to catch up to them on my monk -.-

The 12 sec traps really should be nerfed IMO. The perk should be changed to reducing the CD of traps by 25% instead of 50%. That way your traps are still a stupid low cooldown, but it'd be much less ridiculous than it is right now cause it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    The reason sv is so popular is the fact that you can pretty much cc the enemy healer by urself for ~17seconds with binding shot as a filler between your shorter cooldown traps. Also the lack of major dps cooldowns means you do constant damage and when Lnl procs you melt faces. If sv had killshot there would be no reason to play the other 2 specs imho.
    Really good description of SV today...My role is to rotate Trap+Binding on whatever target needing CC so its a pretty long CC chain considering interrupts and CC from partner. If the healer stands still I use trap knock back with binding down and depending on the map the healer can get thrown inches or a massive amount.

You will notice they are all human and stack mastery for magic damage...line up x2 trinkets with TotH and LnL and I've taken away 3/4 of an HP bar so fast its serious pressure with a healing debuff from scorpion.

Deleted
    The absolute worse thing about Hunter traps right now is the absurd activation radius. In AB a Hunter trapped one side of the flag, we CCd him and I went to the opposite side of the flag and I stilled got ice trapped. Absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention the seeming instant activation also.

I understand not many classes have a "skill shot" they need to land in order to cc enemy players but that doesn't mean you make it an auto, can never fail to land, mongo safe ability Blizzard. Not on a 12s CD when it can be coupled with exotic munitions afaik.

10+ Year Old Account
    brb leveling huntard
    they completely fail at class balance, only solution at this point is to fotm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    brb leveling huntard
    hunter isnt even fotm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    brb leveling huntard
    i dare you to try. your gonna be crying like a little baby

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Crying tears of happiness of how stupid easy it is?

Can we be happy at least those of us who had high hope for ele can still play a ranged caster!

10+ Year Old Account
    Survival's doing good? What? As much as I hate Hunters, it's good to see my favourite Hunter specialization competing for once... even if they have 12 second traps. I'm just sick of seeing BM and MM.

I think somoene look but did test it i have try it and i find bm purge spam to be way more OP than survial i feel as if survial dmg is low just me ..

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    Rofl you're not trying to imply SV hunters are difficult.

OT: Played SV throughout MoP, rerolled MM to level with and practice as I thought that was the new coolkid spec.

Found out SV is best!

Nothing says outplayed like running round like a mongo all game doing 100% damage whilst trying to decide which of the plethora of CC's you're going to use next.