Deleted

Destro stat weights and priorities

Hi, I'm a little confused about the stat priorities for destro.
    Sims are putting crit above haste and mastery, yet I see locks from top guilds go for mastery instead. I'm currently at 545ilvl, simmed all they way to 570+ yet still crit comes on top ...
    Are sims wrong??

Basically if you're fighting 1 target, it goes crit>multistrike>haste>versatility>mastery

but haste, vers, and mastery are all really close in stat weight, and not far behind multistrike.

There is exactly one fight in the instance that is one target.

The rest have a lot of AoE or cleaving.

Lock single target is already mediocre, so trying to optimize for that is pointless. But its cleave is pretty decent if you do it well, and its cleave is all about mastery (shadowburn/havoc)

Not only that, but mastery is great for affliction and demo. Crit is not.

Gear isn't so free and available yet that everybody gets to have two optimized sets, in addition to highmaul gear being poorly optimized for every class. People are trying to go with the most versatile sets, which means Mastery≥crit>haste>multistrike>vers.

But if every fight was like the butcher, you'd probably see more people gemming and enchanting crit.

That's the same stat priority i've gotten from all the most recent sims i've ran.. Man, for having been top dog last patch, mastery has taken a nose dive huh?

Quote Originally Posted by burnabull View Post
    That's the same stat priority i've gotten from all the most recent sims i've ran.. Man, for having been top dog last patch, mastery has taken a nose dive huh?
    Not really. In a pure single target fight, its sitting about .01 behind haste and like .08 behind multistrike. It makes almost 0 difference, but pulls ahead massively any time there is a cleave sitatuation. I'd include AoE, but destro doesn't have one of those anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    Not really. In a pure single target fight, its sitting about .01 behind haste and like .08 behind multistrike. It makes almost 0 difference, but pulls ahead massively any time there is a cleave sitatuation. I'd include AoE, but destro doesn't have one of those anymore
    My problem here is that since the RoF nerf my aoe seems very very crap cant rack up embers fast enough, and my embers seem to just go so fast. and is it realy worth gaining mastery for a cpl of (shadowburn/havoc) in a fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxe0305 View Post
    My problem here is that since the RoF nerf my aoe seems very very crap cant rack up embers fast enough, and my embers seem to just go so fast. and is it realy worth gaining mastery for a cpl of (shadowburn/havoc) in a fight
    You can do 4 havocs per minute (with the hotfix coming up now, 3 before). It's not some worthless spell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbeer View Post
    You can do 4 havocs per minute (with the hotfix coming up now, 3 before). It's not some worthless spell.
    Oh i agree its not worthless i use that thing as much as poss but what im asking, is it worth working our stats around those 4 per min Havocs? btw im not being a prat m8 im asking seriously

Deleted
    Personally I consider crit, mastery and multistrike to have pretty much the same value, making the gear all-round in some sense. Then again, I'm just your local street warlock

Some people in the higher end guilds go mastery because mastery works well across all 3 specs and they can switch specs to the one that gives a .05% advantage on any boss on a boss by boss basis. Sometimes that .05% means the difference between world first and world second.

My shadowburn damage went up tremendously when I started going for gear with mastery on it. As shadowburn + havoc gives you 3 charges instead of 1 CB, and there are so many fights with adds dying that refresh your embers, It means you will be spending a lot of time shadowburning and havocing. Would you rather get an extra 2-3 chaos bolts off during the course of a fight from the extra crit, or would you rather that your 20 shadowburns hit 10% harder?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Some people in the higher end guilds go mastery because mastery works well across all 3 specs and they can switch specs to the one that gives a .05% advantage on any boss on a boss by boss basis. Sometimes that .05% means the difference between world first and world second.
    More like 30%