Deleted

Building a computer Need some help

MSI Nvidia GTX 760 2GB DDR5 TF Fan PCI-E Graphics Card

Intel Core i7 4770K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.50GHz, 8MB, Haswell, 84W, Intel Graphics, BX80646I74770K, 4th Generation Intel Core, Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)

MSI Z87-GD65-GAMING ATX Motherboard (Intel Z87, 4x DDR3, DVI, HDMI, 6x USB3.0, Killer E2205 LAN, LGA1150 Socket)

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL9 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black

WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue

Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 English 1 Pack DSP OEI DVD LCP (PC)

Samsung 24x Retail SATA DVD Writer

Corsair CC-9011050-WW Carbide Series SPEC-01 Mid-Tower ATX Gaming Case with Red LED Fan - Black

I need to know if all of these components would work correctly together, if there are better (within the price range) alternatives. If I have anything here that is a no go. I would be looking to play games like Arma 3, WoW mainly but with the option to play any other new games that may come that have high requirements without having to upgrade. I don't want comments saying you dont need that high specs or whatever, I have the money ì just need the help asap. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    CPU and mobo sockets match. There's not a whole helluva lot outside of that, that you need to worry about for components to work together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorderi View Post
    I don't want comments saying you dont need that high specs or whatever, I have the money ì just need the help asap. Thank you.
    4770k is a waste of money for what you need.

Deleted
    What would be a cheaper alternative in your opinion to suit games like Arma 3 & DayZ
    the reason i wrote that one is because it was on sale on amazon about £70 cheaper and buying an I5 was only £50 difference

If I have anything here that is a no go. I would be looking to play games like Arma 3, WoW mainly but with the option to play any other new games that may come that have high requirements without having to upgrade. I don't want comments saying you dont need that high specs or whatever, I have the money ì just need the help asap. Thank you.
    You want to play all new games without having to upgrade? But you decide on an I7 over and I5 and make up for it with a mediocre gfx card (mediocre meaning its decent, but its been out for quite some time...)

You might wanna rethink this, even if you "Do have the money..."

Go with an I5 and get a bigger GFX card... Will do much better in future titles...
    Fractal Design R5 |MSI Z87-G45 | i5 4690k @4.6Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 | MSI 980ti G6 |
    XFX 850W | WD Black 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD x 2 | Intel 180GB SSD | Rog Swift

10+ Year Old Account
    What would be a cheaper alternative in your opinion to suit games like Arma 3 & DayZ
    the reason i wrote that one is because it was on sale on amazon about £70 cheaper and buying an I5 was only £50 difference
    Petrix is spot on, save that 50pounds and get a better gpu (Pretty sure that's the pounds symbol)

Deleted
    Looked it up and i agree with what both of you said and thank you replaced the i7 with an i5 4670k @4.5Ghz wich saves 50 pounds any suggestions for a better GPU around the price range of the one thats on the list

Looked it up and i agree with what both of you said and thank you replaced the i7 with an i5 4670k @4.5Ghz wich saves 50 pounds any suggestions for a better GPU around the price range of the one thats on the list
    Where are you buying from? Prices differ from country to country, and shop to shop. So to help you best, we need some additional info.

Budget
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

If you could fill this out, some of the clever folks around this forum will be able to help you out finding the perfect build for your budget.
    Fractal Design R5 |MSI Z87-G45 | i5 4690k @4.6Ghz | Noctua NH-D15 | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1866 | MSI 980ti G6 |
    XFX 850W | WD Black 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 1TB | Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD x 2 | Intel 180GB SSD | Rog Swift

Deleted
    Okay so im doing most of my pricing research from amazon from reliable buyers but of course the prices could vary, or items could go out of stock which i will need to work around. A lot of the things ive listed, nearly all of it is on sale or reduced. So currently rounding up and using the calculator its put me at £760 again which could vary. I think thats a reasonable price range so I would say nothing over £900 ideally. My computer would really only be used for gaming but long sessions of it, playing at 1920 x 1080p high settings at least with the option to go ultra.
    From UK
    Getting windows 7 which has been added into my calculated price.

I have the rest of my gaming peripherals.
    Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay so im doing most of my pricing research from amazon from reliable buyers but of course the prices could vary, or items could go out of stock which i will need to work around. A lot of the things ive listed, nearly all of it is on sale or reduced. So currently rounding up and using the calculator its put me at £760 again which could vary. I think thats a reasonable price range so I would say nothing over £900 ideally. My computer would really only be used for gaming but long sessions of it, playing at 1920 x 1080p high settings at least with the option to go ultra.
    From UK
    Getting windows 7 which has been added into my calculated price.

I have the rest of my gaming peripherals.
    Thanks.

The 770 costs right about what you saved, more than the 760.
    less power draw, quieter, and has better performance

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£167.50 @ Amazon UK)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£24.95 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard (£104.04 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£61.37 @ Ebuyer)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£79.00 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£39.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 Video Card (£259.98 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: XFX 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply (£60.86 @ CCL Computers)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer (£10.46 @ Aria PC)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) (£71.60 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £879.75
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-18 03:37 GMT+0000