Poll: What is your opinion on Hearthstone's deck limit?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Exclamation Should Hearthstone deck limit be increased/removed?

I'm saddened to see Hearthstone be limited by only 9 deck lists. That,(aside from the lack of a webspage integration of Hearthstone insofar as having an armory to show off your card collection/ranks/acievements/ask for help building a deck) is the #1 reason I find myself not getting into competitive Hearthstone play.

Sure, I could write down whatever 30 card lists I want to keep, and switch them around manually every time I want to play a different deck, but why should I? Why should have to be so inconvenienced for not wanting to play the same 9 decks? It's an unnecessary inconvenience that asks the player for far too much tedious effort to work with cards they have already accumulated.

My proposal to fix this would be something similar to what the deal was with Yugioh Virtual Desktop:

• Abolish deck capacity limit of 9
    • allow people to create deck lists in a file format
    • import/export them for the game

Wouldn't that make the game far more compatible with the internet? More importantly, wouldn't it be nice to not have to scribe the decks you want to use later, but not at the moment due to a lack of space? There's so much potential here, but it's not being utilized. If Blizzard doesn't do it with what they have now, someone else will do it bigger and better.

The deck limit is already on their radar and they've said it's something they're working on because they do realize it's sucky to be limited to 9.

It seems there should be little doubt they'll do something about it, but what exactly they'll do is anyone's guess. Might as well use the thread to discuss best ideas on other things to happen with it?

I have a feeling they won't allow updating decks through file format kinds of things. That would mean it can be automated and thus botted more easily because programmers might be able to tell the bot to update stuff if it notices certain trends in opponents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

What they need to do is cut the longest possible length of a turn in half so people will make faster decisions.

At least bring the baseline up to 18.

I mean, I'd like to at least have one for each class, it sucks that I had to delete my rogue deck to make a second warlock. And don't even get me started on all the decks I had to make for Naxx, what a PITA.

TBH a number of UI elements could use more work. I'd like to see:

1) Better ability to filter cards in the collection. Including categories (by expansion would be nice) and most importantly sorting by number of cards so I don't have to take forever disenchanting my >2s.

2) A proper achievement window. There are a few invisible achievements already, just make a pane for them. It doesn't have to be a massive pile of random achis like WoW's, a small one with room to expand in future would be fine.

3) Dedicated card back selector window. Possibly a "vanity window" that does card back plus any other vanity items they add later. It just feels unpolished having it crammed into the options menu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    At least bring the baseline up to 18.

I mean, I'd like to at least have one for each class, it sucks that I had to delete my rogue deck to make a second warlock. And don't even get me started on all the decks I had to make for Naxx, what a PITA.

TBH a number of UI elements could use more work. I'd like to see:

1) Better ability to filter cards in the collection. Including categories (by expansion would be nice) and most importantly sorting by number of cards so I don't have to take forever disenchanting my >2s.

2) A proper achievement window. There are a few invisible achievements already, just make a pane for them. It doesn't have to be a massive pile of random achis like WoW's, a small one with room to expand in future would be fine.

3) Dedicated card back selector window. Possibly a "vanity window" that does card back plus any other vanity items they add later. It just feels unpolished having it crammed into the options menu.
    There is an auto disenchant button at the bottom right that disenchants all cards that have more then 2 of, man i feel sorry for all the time you have spent on that =/.I mean there are so few achievements currently I think it would be a waste really. I agree with deck lists though. Even though I only use like 6 since I despise a few of the classes I can understand for those who are really into and they have said they are working on it, which means they will get it done just like spectator mode.

Isn't there a Disenchant all that is >2 button in the disenchant interface?

Good for a cash shop feature. Spend $1, get another deck slot.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    There is an auto disenchant button at the bottom right that disenchants all cards that have more then 2 of, man i feel sorry for all the time you have spent on that =/
    Well now I feel silly! Although that's not quite as good because I also d/e the non-goldens when I have 1-2 goldens (assume the auto button doesn't do that). I mostly let them build up and do a sweep once a month or so so it's not really much time wasted, just annoying :P

Thanks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Well now I feel silly! Although that's not quite as good because I also d/e the non-goldens when I have 1-2 goldens (assume the auto button doesn't do that). I mostly let them build up and do a sweep once a month or so so it's not really much time wasted, just annoying :P

Thanks though.
    Yea np. And no it doesn't disenchant golden cards that you have 1-2 of, although you can sort by golden cards which should make things easier. You could also sort by original set or GvG im pretty sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackielope View Post
    The deck limit is already on their radar and they've said it's something they're working on because they do realize it's sucky to be limited to 9.

It seems there should be little doubt they'll do something about it, but what exactly they'll do is anyone's guess. Might as well use the thread to discuss best ideas on other things to happen with it?

I have a feeling they won't allow updating decks through file format kinds of things. That would mean it can be automated and thus botted more easily because programmers might be able to tell the bot to update stuff if it notices certain trends in opponents.
    yeah they said they might increase it to 10 one day......ROFL.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I don't see how anyone could say giving the option for more would be bad, since I assume the UI would just be changed so you could flip pages with 9 or so on each. Which would mean for those who like it how it is wouldn't be inconvenienced at all

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Good for a cash shop feature. Spend $1, get another deck slot.
    They would have to make it also available for gold.
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Use the Hearthstats program, use their deck manager, profit.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Use the Hearthstats program, use their deck manager, profit.
    I looked it up, and I got this. http://hearthstats.net/

How does it work, and what does the deck manager do?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM View Post
    I looked it up, and I got this. http://hearthstats.net/

How does it work, and what does the deck manager do?
    It's a little bit of experimenting to get up and running, but it's lightweight program that interfaces with their website to build decks, save decks, automate deck formation, and most importantly track your performance. The only caveat is that you have to use windowed mode because it uses screen capturing to work. I'm not home so I can't give more detail, but you can even browse decks that other people use and directly copy them to your decklist, form it in game, and then try it.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Baium View Post
    Isn't there a Disenchant all that is >2 button in the disenchant interface?
    There is, but it doesn't do anything if you have 2 normal and 2 golden
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yeah they said they might increase it to 10 one day......ROFL.
    Yeah, increase it to 10, and then introduce the Death Knight class so it doesn't even matter. I'm still baffled by their 'full bags' analogy when they addressed this months back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, increase it to 10, and then introduce the Death Knight class so it doesn't even matter. I'm still baffled by their 'full bags' analogy when they addressed this months back.
    in other words they have no plans to change it and probably never will.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    in other words they have no plans to change it and probably never will.
    Judging from the results on the poll on this thread, it seems that would be a misguided business decision. Blizzard's not alone in the tablet card game market anymore. Pokemon, for example, released apps that could play the Pokemom TCG.

It'll be a shame thinking what Hearthstone could have been, if another card game beats it. People migrated from Myspace to Facebook a while ago, so only time will tell.

Judging from the results on the poll on this thread, it seems that would be a misguided business decision. Blizzard's not alone in the tablet card game market anymore. Pokemon, for example, released apps that could play the Pokemom TCG.

It'll be a shame thinking what Hearthstone could have been, if another card game beats it. People migrated from Myspace to Facebook a while ago, so only time will tell.
    It's a pretty small sample size. I don't think any card game will end up comparing to Hearthstone since every other I have seen has been incredibly complex and tough to pick up. Plus having a huge company like activision blizzard behind it really makes it a tough game to beat.

So for now I dont see anyway a game comes close on the online market.