Deleted

Lightbulb Need help with Weak Aura replacement for ForteXorcist

Hello, I've been a huge fan of ForteXorcist for such a long time but I've decided I want to make a Weak Aura alternative, for two reasons:

- I like having less addons for specific needs when Weak Aura can replace most of them
    - ForteXorcist has not been updated in a long time, which might cause problems

Here you can see my current progress, there are some very obvious differences:

Weak Aura

ForteXorcist

- A bug with Agony, I'm not sure how to fix it but I am also sure that it is indeed possible to fix
    - Dots are not grouped up by target, instead by spell
    - Non target dots are not transparent
    - Text is not centered

I am kinda of a newbie when it comes to Weak Aura so I am pretty much relying on someone here being able to fix these differences, google was not of much help.

Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post
    I am kinda of a newbie when it comes to Weak Aura so I am pretty much relying on someone here being able to fix these differences, google was not of much help.
    So, here is a hint, if you are not super-experienced with WeakAuras: WA is a framework for writing addons. It makes some things easier than doing them by hand when turning out addons, and it allows you to share them in-game.

For an addon like ForteXorcist, most of the complexity isn't the display code, it is all the backing stuff. That is going to take as much or more effort to maintain in WA as it would in real addon form.

You would probably be better off updating FX yourself, rather than setting out on this path.