Deleted

Cant Understand Ranked matchmaking

Cant understand the Matchmaking, i was playing my priest deck (control kind of) reached rank 4 one day and then started to lose cause i only played zoo locks (who doesnt love them) and got my ass handed everytime and dropped to rank 6.

Then i decided if its zoo lock lets pick my paladin deck to counter it, and since then i got control priests, druids, wallet warriors and continue to lose till rank 7 (no locks in sight). I switch back to priest and get zoo locks again.

What is this kind of bullshit? Is this game looking what cards i have or what class i play to match me with my counters, cause it really seems like it. I might be the bad luck brian of hearthstone but i just seems unrealistic that as soon as i pick another deck where before i got flooded with locks all the locks stop playing and i get everything else which my other deck would have been doing fine against.

Is there some internal algorithm or just the worst rng ever... and its not like i lost a few matches and am mad... from ranked 4 to 8 now are over 20 matches. Atm i think about quiting the game cause it makes me so mad and i wanted to reach legendary this month and dumped a lot of time and money in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpi View Post
    Cant understand the Matchmaking, i was playing my priest deck (control kind of) reached rank 4 one day and then started to lose cause i only played zoo locks (who doesnt love them) and got my ass handed everytime and dropped to rank 6.

Then i decided if its zoo lock lets pick my paladin deck to counter it, and since then i got control priests, druids, wallet warriors and continue to lose till rank 7 (no locks in sight). I switch back to priest and get zoo locks again.

What is this kind of bullshit? Is this game looking what cards i have or what class i play to match me with my counters, cause it really seems like it. I might be the bad luck brian of hearthstone but i just seems unrealistic that as soon as i pick another deck where before i got flooded with locks all the locks stop playing and i get everything else which my other deck would have been doing fine against.

Is there some internal algorithm or just the worst rng ever... and its not like i lost a few matches and am mad... from ranked 4 to 8 now are over 20 matches. Atm i think about quiting the game cause it makes me so mad and i wanted to reach legendary this month and dumped a lot of time and money in it.
    pick a deck that wins 60% of the time and play that. the system doesn't know what kind of deck you are playing it just matches you with people of similar rank

The game tries to match you with someone in your rank. If it can't find anyone the same rank who is also searching, it expands the search. I am sure there is a little more matchmaking involved (based on some hidden rating value) but I don't know what it is. It's just random who you're facing.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    The game tries to match you with someone in your rank. If it can't find anyone the same rank who is also searching, it expands the search. I am sure there is a little more matchmaking involved (based on some hidden rating value) but I don't know what it is. It's just random who you're facing.
    There's elo rankings in place for casual and legend rank, NOT for rank 25-1.
    Rank 25-1 you play against someone who's as close to you as possible, slowly extending the search until a match is found, usually this is within 1-2 stars of you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    There's elo rankings in place for casual and legend rank, NOT for rank 25-1.
    Rank 25-1 you play against someone who's as close to you as possible, slowly extending the search until a match is found, usually this is within 1-2 stars of you.
    MMR is in place for 1-25 as well. If you go on a winning streak you end up matching players even 2-3 ranks above you. For a losing streak it's the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    MMR is in place for 1-25 as well. If you go on a winning streak you end up matching players even 2-3 ranks above you. For a losing streak it's the opposite.
    You sure? I've gone on an 8 win long streak and was still facing people the same rank or just above me if I was 5 star in my current rank.

Priest is one of the best decks against Zoo. Sounds like the real problem was that you never made any tweaks to your deck to adjust to the opponents you were facing. And in all honesty, a player like that doesn't deserve to be ranked any higher than where you topped out at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    You sure? I've gone on an 8 win long streak and was still facing people the same rank or just above me if I was 5 star in my current rank.
    I am certain. I often have matches with people 2 ranks off in either direction, depending on how good(or shitty) I'm doing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I am certain. I often have matches with people 2 ranks off in either direction, depending on how good(or shitty) I'm doing at the moment.
    Surprising. I've gone on 20 game winning streaks without hitting a single opponent more than 1 rank higher or lower when I was working my way up after reset. Maybe it's your playtime? Or maybe you're playing at rank 1-5 where there's few enough players that the restrictions are more relaxed? I know I get matched +/- 3 ranks plenty once I'm higher but when I'm lower and there's an abundance of chum, it's always close rank-wise.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

I know that feeling... Long losing streak against one particular class and/or deck, switch class, suddenly you face all the other classes and decks that are great against what you just switched to. Happens to me quite a lot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Surprising. I've gone on 20 game winning streaks without hitting a single opponent more than 1 rank higher or lower when I was working my way up after reset. Maybe it's your playtime? Or maybe you're playing at rank 1-5 where there's few enough players that the restrictions are more relaxed? I know I get matched +/- 3 ranks plenty once I'm higher but when I'm lower and there's an abundance of chum, it's always close rank-wise.
    I used to be somewhat high(though not legend), but got bored of playing enough for that. I wander between 20 and 10 and I get ranks relatively far away from mine if I get on a streak of either kind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Restructure your decks and try again.

There is no secret conspiracy vis a vis your class/decktype. You're just not using a good deck, or you got shit luck.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)