Thread: Why Rogues?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why Rogues?

Hey everyone, first of all this is not a QQ topic post keep this in mind please.

I'm just wondering what was the main reason of buffing the rogue class few days ago with the hotfixes? specially Sub spec were the class really that weak or something?

Then again I'm not a rogue class expert so please enlighten me.

Thanks for reading and discuss please.

It was roughly a 2-2.5% buff overall. I wouldn't really consider it something to boost us up in the Sims or dmg meters. Were the specs lacking, sure. Combat ST needs improvement however BF gets a dmg increase, and Hemo buff is still useless unless you need a quick SV.

There's posts on this and more in depth already.

I would hardly call what they did buffing. It change literally nothing in PvP and in PvE, as stated already, it's a measly 2-2.5% dmg increase. I would say our class needs some dmg numbers tuned but our real problems is we are the only class stuck in the past when it comes to mechanics and overall flavor of the class; stuff being iconic and all that.

Sims aren't exactly accurate, however, this picture might indicate that balance may be slightly off:

http://www.wowprogress.com/character...l-ganis/Jdance
    Last edited by Jdance; 2014-12-19 at 12:20 PM.

Those were hardly buffs, just tiny adjustments that marginalized each spec even further.

Simply look at logs, rogue is nowhere to be found in the first 10, on any diff / boss , except butcher normal.
    And take a look at sims, also. You will find all 3 rogue specs on almost any gear level, to be on the bottom half on dps, which is a shame, if you ask me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    Sims aren't exactly accurate, however, when this picture is reality things are a bit off:

Well that's a depressing picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdance View Post
    Sims aren't exactly accurate, however, this picture might indicate that balance may be slightly off:

Obviously you aren't using your CP well enough. Pick up the pace you're making us look bad.

more like nerfs than buffs if you look at the big picture. cuz it means their worthless buff wont be giving us another real buff

Someones gotta be in the raids to loot the daggers...

7/7 Heroic, starting Mythics Monday.

We are the most gear dependent damage class in game now, Itemization in Highmaul is trash, basically you need to just grab anything with agility on it and hope maybe you land some stats for your spec on some of the gear. Its a sad state. Most of the pro raids I have seen doing 6-7/7 Mythic don't even bring a Rogue, I mean why the hell would you right now.

I can stay middle of the pack, Butcher Ill be near the top as Sub but goddamn you need to be nearly perfect to stay respectable. Its frustrating because Ill watch my buddies play their Ret and WW and its literally 1212121212121212121 ftw. Not a good time to be a Rogue.

If you are claiming to be 1-2 in your raid doing late Heroics / Mythic you are funny. Or you have 1 shammy / WW doing 4000k dps and 15 rogues doing 21k.

Quote Originally Posted by Burysdead View Post
    We are the most gear dependent damage class in game now
    Argh. Why does this keep circulating?

Rogues don't scale any better than other classes. In fact, it could be argued that rogues scale worse than any other class.

Check out these two links:
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17P.html
    http://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/Raid_T17M.html

Notice that rogues actualy lose positions as they gear.

Deleted
    Devs realised iT wasnt the extensive cp overhaul when top guilds benched their rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Gombado View Post
    Devs realised iT wasnt the extensive cp overhaul when top guilds benched their rogues
    People keep saying this and I can't understand if it is sarcastic or not. What CP overhaul? Stacking on the rogue should have zero effect.

it's mocking the finalbosstv interview where one of the wow devs stated that most rogues weren't doing optimal DPS because they're still adjusting to the combo point change, and he himself hasn't wrapped his head around the change either.

Got (likely) benched for sundays mythic butcher progress raid. I would've been the only agility user without a heroic (ilvl670) scales of doom. FML.

That's a good question OP.

Why Rogues?

Why play a rogue when you can play any other melee dps in the game and have more durability, utility and even have a different OS role. Oh yeah, and do more damage.

OK maybe for PVP they feel nice, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    That's a good question OP.

Why Rogues?

Why play a rogue when you can play any other melee dps in the game and have more durability, utility and even have a different OS role. Oh yeah, and do more damage.

OK maybe for PVP they feel nice, but that's about it.
    Truth. Rogues are a basement dps pve class - and blizz will forever keep it that way. The buff was directly because we don't understand how the change to combo points work.

It's especially sad because no one wants melee in pve right now anyhow... much less the fragile, weak rogue.

Honestly I was having a real hard time killing anything until the buffs, but the buffs weren't that major other than backstab.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooperang View Post
    Honestly I was having a real hard time killing anything until the buffs, but the buffs weren't that major other than backstab.
    Backstab buff wasn't significant either. 20% increase to 10% of our damage is only a 2% increase.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    You really didn't just try to argue that monks & druids have more survivability than rogues did you? And rogues arguably have more utility than monks, too. Damage, some mechanics, and talents are really our only problems right now. Survivability and utility definitely are not.