Recent change to Prismatic Crystal

I don't understand the recent changes to PC, am I retarded?

It's just a nerf for PVP.

No Kodz, the retards are those PvP'ing who can't manage a simple task like moving 8 yards away from PC I could see where someone already blew their trinket or EMFH but hey one assumes you did that to survive a prior attack, and most CC breaks on damage.

Edit - the other option is that Blizzard is going to change PC to be like a sticky grenade in Halo, in that context it would make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Kodz View Post
    I don't understand the recent changes to PC, am I retarded?
    Probably !
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

http://altered-time.com/forum/viewto...9&p=9675#p9671

Quote Originally Posted by Komma
    This is a pure PVP change. I would in fact consider it more a "fix" than a "nerf".

Currently, spells only crit for 150% on players, and multistrike only rolls once instead of twice. The problem is, when you're attacking Prismatic Crystal, you can crit for 200% because it is not a player. The full damage would then be transferred over to player targets (after whatever resilience, 'reduced damage taken from players' stuff), and it is not counted as a "crit". So basically this is what happened:

Regular Frostbolt on player: 100 damage
    Crit Frostbolt on player: 150 damage
    Crit Frostbolt on PC: 220 damage

220 is much more than 10% added to 150, which basically meant that players were circumventing the "crit damage reduction". After the change:

Crit Frostbolt on PC: 220 * 0.75 = 165 damage

So critting on PC is now exactly 10% more than critting on players. The multistrike case is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    It's just a nerf for PVP.
    Since its not very clear the way they improperly worded the sentence...

Both the decreased damage from crits and the the decreased damage from multistrikes happens only in pvp right?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok cool, thanks

Got it Komman, appreciate your explanation.

Anyone that didn't know that please thank him so I don't feel bad for being the only retard that didnt understand before. Thanks!

I knew it was only for PvP, but was unaware that it is more of a bugfix than a nerf. This is a useful explanation.

I just can't believe it went live like this. Pretty sure it was pointed out a few different times before beta ended. Some of the things PC could potentially do were a bit absurd

Quote Originally Posted by nukie View Post
    Since its not very clear the way they improperly worded the sentence...
    It's not very clear unless you read the part that says "while in PvP combat."

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    It's not very clear unless you read the part that says "while in PvP combat."
    Ok i guess i will have to explain how commas work to you. Here is the original comment:

Prismatic Crystal now transfers only 75% of total damage on Critical Hits, and transfers only 50% of total damage on Multistrikes while in PvP combat.
    With one comma, the sentence has one pause and is read in two separate parts. PC transfers only 75% damage on crits. And transfers only 50% of total damage on multistrikes while in PvP.

To get the intended effect, the statement should read:

Prismatic Crystal now transfers only 75% of total damage on Critical Hits, and transfers only 50% of total damage on Multistrikes, while in PvP combat.
    Note the additional comma, which properly places pauses in the sentence so that the middle section augments the first section, and the last section correctly refers to the entire sentence.

Is this nitpicking? Yes. The intent was likely that both would be pvp only, but the improper comma use made it ambiguous. That's why i said its not very clear and left it at that.