Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I really liked their games so far, but this sounds like crap :/

Deleted
    Creeper will remember this.

This is going to be terrible..just like the walking dead.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking Microsoft.

Do something good with your money, like a Conker Sequel. Fuck Minecraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm laughing so hard right now, this is brilliant. I'm excited for what the future yields.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Fucking Microsoft.

Do something good with your money, like a Conker Sequel. Fuck Minecraft.
    I think you have that backwards Conker is pretty..... yah no....
    As far as a Minecraft story goes just follow Captain Sparklez line
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Orikon View Post
    Plus,how are they going to handle the graphics? TWD/The Wolf Among Us is based on the comics,GoT and Tales from Borderlands have styles similar to their source....what is minecraft going to be? Low-res cubes? With choices being "Which material did you use?"?
    To be honest Borderlands has almost zero plot.

Then again TFTB isn't out yet so we can't judge. Shrug.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    but sandbox!!!

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I think you have that backwards Conker is pretty..... yah no....
    As far as a Minecraft story goes just follow Captain Sparklez line
    Implying Minecraft could ever be better than Conkers instantly invalidates any of your opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    That seems like the worst possible title to choose from, there's practically zero lore or characters in Minecraft?
    A person with a lack of creativity sees no story.

I saw a story of an ancient civilization that dabbled in a forbidden power and opened a portal into a realm of unimaginable evil, that ultimately doomed the world and .left only a handful of survivors to fend for themselves on the overworld. Whether or not those ancient people.became the Endermen or died by unleashing them is pure speculation.

And that is only from the idea of where strongholds came from, Telltale could go Fucking haywire and still come out ok with this one.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    That seems like the worst possible title to choose from, there's practically zero lore or characters in Minecraft?
    It fits Telltale's MO, though. Just pick an existing game/IP universe and re-create the same damn game with a fresh coat of paint and make a bunch of money by cashing in on fans of the franchise.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

15+ Year Old Account
    Free-roaming sandbox game.

Story mode.

Okay.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It fits Telltale's MO, though. Just pick an existing game/IP universe and re-create the same damn game with a fresh coat of paint and make a bunch of money by cashing in on fans of the franchise.
    That might have been true with some other games, but they didn't "recreate" the Walking Dead game (series), and they can't exactly go ahead and "recreate" Minecraft, now can they? I mean, that wouldn't be a storytelling game, nor a Telltale Games game.

Taking Minecraft and creating something completely different - which is what they're going to do, they're Telltale Games - out of it, is far from their so-called modus operandi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    That might have been true with some other games, but they didn't "recreate" the Walking Dead game (series), and they can't exactly go ahead and "recreate" Minecraft, now can they? I mean, that wouldn't be a storytelling game, nor a Telltale Games game.
    He means that they make the same "game" with different IP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He means that they make the same "game" with different IP.
    Ahh... Right. I get it now. My bad. Translator chip malfunction there; some beer got into the circuits.

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Still a better love story than Twilight.
    Still a better love story than Windows 8.

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting how they will turn a sandbox game with zero lore around it into a linear story game o:

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    it's already been stated that it will have nothing to do with the original minecraft aka not canon

so it's just a story they come up with using the blocks and monsters in minecraft, basically a "minecraft is populare as fuck lets get a shitton of money but using it's graphics for a game"

Deleted
    Not "canon"?

What exactly is "canon" in Minecraft? How "Steve" wakes up and starts chopping down trees, eventually reaching the Ender Dragon and killing it? Seeing Herobrine here and there on the way to The End?

That's "canon"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Not "canon"?

What exactly is "canon" in Minecraft? How "Steve" wakes up and starts chopping down trees, eventually reaching the Ender Dragon and killing it? Seeing Herobrine here and there on the way to The End?

That's "canon"?
    it means that no matter what happens in the telltale game it won't have any affect on the original minecraft game, since it's a sandbox
    so people don't suddenly start going "endermen are created by a god named X, the telltale game says so"

it also means that the telltale minecraft game is a standalone, has nothing to do with minecraft other than the graphics used

imo it's a weird way to get money from minecraft fans, a game disguised as minecraft
    Last edited by mmocc06943eaac; 2014-12-19 at 02:18 PM.