Once there was Fable, now.. all in hell.

Fable was always fun to me, even after its faults and whatnot. Fable wasn't perfect.
    But it was one "open world" fantasy RPG world that I loved to play in.

After Fable 3, everything went to hell. Literally to hell.
    Fable Kinect something? Now there is this Fable Legends linear co-op thing?

Do you also wish that Fable went into the direction of The Elder Scrolls,
    growing into a more open world role playing fantasy game with it's unique art and humor.

I wish.
    (I actually wish Microsoft never had anything to do with Lionhead and that those people cared enough for Fable series
    to continue on a path that would respect what fans enjoyed about the first, second and third).
    Last edited by WarcraftGnome; 2014-12-19 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    Fable never was open world really, sure it was better than the shit we got for 3, hell I even liked 2 but it lacked the charm of the first one. But it never was open world, I remember seeing this whole list of quests at the start of the game, wondering how to get them seeing as they dissapear as soon as you get free acces to the quest map. Only to find out it was basicly a system to make the game world look bigger than it actually was.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Fable never was open world really, sure it was better than the shit we got for 3, hell I even liked 2 but it lacked the charm of the first one. But it never was open world, I remember seeing this whole list of quests at the start of the game, wondering how to get them seeing as they dissapear as soon as you get free acces to the quest map. Only to find out it was basicly a system to make the game world look bigger than it actually was.
    It's true that it wasn't open world, that is why I used the "open world" .. " "
    Because I felt it had good space to explore or places to visit and come back to.. so it felt like a world to explore,
    but people (or just me) always hoped they would evolve Fable RPG into a open world kingdom to explore!

Fable & The Elder Scrolls was my favorite RPG that I would always buy, always play.
    The Elder Scrolls did good, Fable is.. you know, don't buy those Fable games anymore.
    Last edited by WarcraftGnome; 2014-12-19 at 02:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i really do wish they still treated it as an RPG but have you played Kingdoms of Amalur/ VERY VERY fun RPG often considered very similar to fable. Though a one off..It should give you many hours of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fable died after The Lost Chapters. I blame Peter Molyneux for trying to turn what was once a decent RPG into some kind of pretentious social experiment. Fable: The Lost Chapters, Knights of the Old Republic I&II, and Jade Empire were my most played games on the Xbox. I'm not a big fan of Tolkien fantasy settings but I loved Albion and the characters.

That said Fable was never open world. Sure you could go back to old areas, just like you can in many older JRPG's and WRPG's but I would hardly call that open world. It was an action adventure role playing game. If there is one feature I really liked about Fable is how it spanned the entire life of the hero. We saw him age from child to adult to 50+ year old man. Not many RPG's have done that.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

After Fable everything went to hell. Fable 2 wasn't the worst thing ever but Fable was leagues ahead of any other Fable game.

*TLC is Fable
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Congrats Blizz. Everyone who wanted a Vanilla realm will get it with WoD. So much for never moving backward. Though, it will not be a pure vanilla server since you can still fly in the old content, and you don't have to farm things just to raid. Just wanted to congratulate Blizz for giving the folks what they wanted, a classic vanilla world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
    Or, maybe instead of making a strawman, they could just get a lvl 1 pony after they complete a quest in the starting zone

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that after fable 2 everything went to shit, fable TLC for me was like a zelda from microsoft, it wasn't "linear" as you could go back to older areas and still find some enjoyment but it wasn't open world, fable had some good stuff and some awful stuff, i still love the first one tho =P
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

I loved the first one. When I downloaded the demo for Fable 2 it actually bricked my 360 (coincidence surely, but I still avoided it afterwards) - fast forward to when Fable 2 was free to XBLive subscribers and it ran so poorly I couldn't really tolerate it for more than 20 minutes or so. Not really sure what happened there, but it was running at 15-20 fps tops. I am not a frames-whore by any means, anything above 30 is probably lost on me - but it was bad.

They really should have just kept tweaking the first game's style and improving the graphics, it was sort of a "grown up" Zelda to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It went to hell after The Lost Chapters, fable 2 was ok in some ways but 3 was a disaster.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 was terrible in my opinion. It was as bad as 3 in the gameplay dept, but even worse.... it lacked any fun characters, at least fable 3 had some characters with some personality. None of the fable 2 cast mattered, except reaver

My list

Fable: TLC
    Fable 1
    Fable 3
    Fable 2

The only reason I dont hate both 3 and 2 equally is because I kinda liked the characters in 3. I hated everyone in 2... because they were...... BOOORRIIIINNNGG
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-12-19 at 06:01 PM.

Fable 2 was awful because first, it introduced guns and second because 500 year gap was to much,

I'm sooooo dammed happy they are making legends a fable prequel

Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftGnome View Post
    Do you also wish that Fable went into the direction of The Elder Scrolls,
    growing into a more open world role playing fantasy game
    No, absolutely not. Those ES games, especially Skyrim, must be among the most overrated and overhyped gaming releases of all time. Or maybe it's the concept of "open world" as a whole?

It's just unappealing to me. Open world, the vastness of unrelated boredom. What I liked about the first Fable is the rather traditional cohesiveness, firm narration and charme of classic RPGs and action-adventures. And the brilliant soundtrack of course.

The latest rendition of the franchise is a complete joke, of course. They just didn't bother sticking to the qualities of the first game somehow. That's kind of not very popular any more, as it seems. Maybe developers think that the today's audience would find it old-fashioned.

The only Fable I've played was that Kinect one where you were mage of some sort? Novel idea. Enjoyed it while it lasted. Anyways, wouldn't they be making a 4th Fable game? Why only spinoff titles?

Fable 2 was one of my favorite games for a while. Really appreciate the art at the time. The close ended of Fable 3 was very sad.. I'd been so looking forward to it.

I love fable games too. I never got to play fable 2 since they didn't port it to the PC, but I love the first and third games. I have these cravings for fable like games from time to time, but there just are not enough games like that.

Fable TLC was great fable 2 was ok not super terrible but not great fable 3 was well it had a lot of potential it wasted but I really did dig the weapon designs in fable 3

I haven't played any of the kinect ones and doubt I will.