Poll: Should holinka be replaced?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    tbh nobody will be good enough to be lead pvp designer since everyone wants different things granted he can lsiten better and not actl ike a first class asshat

I don't know about replacing anyone but PvP has now, for the first time I've been subbed to WoW as a ten year player, completely exited my reasons to play the game. Usually you could work through the problems and still have a good time but right now it is absolutely not fun for me anymore from either a casual BG setting or a more in-depth arena setting.

As someone who skipped Mists of Pandaria, I'm surprised some people are saying the game really did lose any amount of CC to the people with concerns about it because the CC right now is absolutely psychotic as compared to when I played. Everyone has gained multiple forms of CC, interrupts, snares and other ways to almost perpetually disable one another.

Between the mixture of this, the current class design and the stunted feeling of design in PvP in general I just don't see the point. Banked my PvP gear and when I picked an alt the other day it was the first time where PvP usage didn't even factor into the decision. Strange times.

So far he is doing better then Ghostcrawler. So no.

everybody who is saying pvp is best it's ever been must be a ret, feral or dk. everyone who says it sucks must be a warrior.
    they need to realize that warriors are not crap, it's just that other melee are that much better, and need to be tweaked. every pvp dps class could be fixed right now, without changing a single point of dps in pve - mobility. does every class need fucking sprints and blinks and invis and stuff? no. does every class need to be able to self heal 500k in 5 seconds? no. make the other melee in this game on the same field as warriors in terms of mobility, shamans in terms of cc, and bam problems solved. if this guy can't figure out the problem, he is as fucking stupid as his arrogant twitters posts make him sound. fire this knob stain and get somebody in who has a brain, and perhaps isn't a complete dick to the PAYING FUCKING CUSTOMERS.

do a game of 3s with a warrior, and in a game when you vs ret/feral/dk take a look at overall damage at the end of the game, the numbers aren't so out of whack. damage and burst isn't the problem, it's all the above mentioned things on top of the burst that make pvp right now garbage. all of those strong melee are unstoppable when they use their burst via slow effect removals, immunities, sprints etc.

Previously everyone blamed Ghostcrawler for PvP being imbalanced. Now everyone is blaming Holinka.
    It's almost as if they don't have to power to rule with an iron fist over how to balance pvp!

It doesnt matter who runs the pvp stuff, it will never be what everyone wants until they actually make pvp a separate rule set from pve and even then it wont please everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightup View Post
    Should we replace the holinka?

simple question that i heard allot lately should holinka be fired is he even good to the pvp community and does he listen to the problems and balance issues that we have?

1)Yes
    2)No
    I am confused. Exactly how do you plan on getting him replaced? Last time I checked, those kind of decisions came from management up at Blizz and not consumers.

My answer is no. Regardless of who is in that position, it is going to be a thankless job. I am thinking about the numerous times fans were ready to lynch Ghostcrawler for some of his unpopular changes to the game.

Not that we have any control over it, but it seems the PvP team (not just Holinka) screwed up the PvP balance quite a bit. Be it because the Lore/PvE team doesn't want to or just because they're stupid themselves, they should just disable racials in any structured PvP, including Random Battlegrounds. They're just making it harder for themselves to properly balance PvP by keeping the racials enabled. It's one of the most easiest fixes they can ever apply to the game, yet they refuse to do it. Replacing Holinka won't do anything, as someone else will just replace him who has the same little control over the game's direction as he has.

Yes.

Comes down to this - he was point man in Ashran. It was his baby. And Ashran is terrible. I don't mean that in some subjective sense of what I enjoy, or as a reflection of balance. I mean that the finished project was poorly done. With an extra 6 months development time it is still riddled with basic coding errors, allowing for a range of exploits. These aren't even minor ones, like the ability to bypass a queue when they didn't intend a queue to be associated with this. There are exploits for upending core parts of the zone, like despawning the elementals and resetting boss health.

With 6 months extra time he handed in an unfinished project. That should get you the axe.

Now he won't because the industry works more like the rest of the entertainment sector than corporate sector, where you can have movie after movie fail, or album after album fail, and still be a star. But he should.

yes, I can't stand him, he acts like he knows it all. It's as if he's wearing blinders, when it comes to the current state of pvp, the whole pvp team should be replaced imo.