Tank needing advice: Holy Prism or Light's Hammer for Heroic DUngeons?

Alright, Im struggling trying to decide which one is best for this one; anyone have constructive numbers or situations to help me be a better tank? Thanks in advance guys.

LH, better overall damage output and healing without a doubt. In HC's and CM's you tend to chain pull, or at least have multiply adds up together when pulling, LH out performs ES when more then 1 target is in it for its duration and that's just in terms of damage.

Prism on a /tar self macro if your having massive problems picking up aggro but if that's not the case then LH all the way
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
    LH, better overall damage output and healing without a doubt. In HC's and CM's you tend to chain pull, or at least have multiply adds up together when pulling, LH out performs ES when more then 1 target is in it for its duration and that's just in terms of damage.

Prism on a /tar self macro if your having massive problems picking up aggro but if that's not the case then LH all the way
    Potential healing from these talents needs to also be taken into effect, especially in CMs where there is a significant amount of damage going out. I have never found an encounter where I would want LH or ES over Prism in CMs, ever. Timing it to help heal your party is a substantial amount of utility and coupled with Sacred shield and all of your other healing capabilities, you're pulling 10k hps sustained at least. Light's hammer can only match Holy prism in fights where the group can stack and stand still for most of its duration.

In heroics, when I just want to do big dick aoe DPS... yea, Light's Hammer is the only way to go. If you have a less than experienced healer, though, I'd still take Prism for the insane healing utility it provides. It's very rare for me to swap away from prism when I'm tanking.
    Last edited by Bropollo; 2014-12-19 at 01:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like LH in heroics. Yes, it's a beast for AOE dps, but I prefer the lower CD and flexibility that Prism give me.

Thanks guys, ill do some experiments with LH. I appreciate the feedback