As Combat spec, should I use

- 655 fist MH
    - 676 dagger OH

or just

- 676 dagger MH
    - 670 dagger OH

?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not 100% on this, but I am about 98.4% sure, use the 655 MH and the 676 offhand.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Isn't the damage per second more important than speed? Downgrading mainhand from 670 to 655 is quite alot? Maybe i'm mistaken though

7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    I heard somewhere recently that the only reason you'd NOT want to have a Slow/Slow, is when you have a Slow/Fast, and the Fast weapon has more DPS / Agility than the Slow Weapon of that Offhand slot?

The 655 fist weap will still be a small increase over the 676 dagger in MH, but its not far away from the dagger being better

655 fist in MH and 676 dagger in Oh is the way to go as combat

Quote Originally Posted by Nykko View Post
    I heard somewhere recently that the only reason you'd NOT want to have a Slow/Slow, is when you have a Slow/Fast, and the Fast weapon has more DPS / Agility than the Slow Weapon of that Offhand slot?
    For it to be worth to use a fast OH over a slow OH there need to be over 35 ilvl difference (this is with 655 The Bladefist in mind and having a 691 mythic warforged dagger only just beats it)

Simmed with shadowcraft btw
    Last edited by Teroa; 2014-12-19 at 01:25 PM.

So this comes up every expansion and every patch. This long standing question. It has been said that you want a slow weapon mainhand (almost always) and if the ilvl of the fast weapon is much greater than a second slow off hand you use the dagger.
    So, the optimal situation for a combat rogue is definitely slow/slow. I would suggest testing your dps with both on a dummy.

But.. let me add some stuff to the arguement. Your mastery ability - give you and extra free hit with your off hand weapon... so that is a straight loss with a dagger. Also, Killing Spree applies its damage based on both your weapon's max damage so again there a dagger is a straight loss in dps. I would guess that if your mastery is unusually high you should take that into consideration because your free extra attack will be weaker everysingle time. I am not sure if having a dagger equipped off-hand makes that mastery ability proc more.
    Last edited by slime; 2014-12-19 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I am not sure if having a dagger equipped off-hand makes that mastery ability proc more.
    The mastery proccs from MH attacks, Combat Potency tho proccs from OH attacks but it does have higher chance to procc when you are using a slower weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Teroa View Post
    The mastery proccs from MH attacks, Combat Potency tho proccs from OH attacks but it does have higher chance to procc when you are using a slower weapon
    I thought I read that last time i checked. Thank you.