Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Blizzard thats a bit of a douche move.

Blizzard just sent out some come and play WOD for 10 day trails. I though this was cool and would give me a chance to try it before buying it.
    Well I was doing quest's and enjoying myself and after I started my garrson I noticed something. I am still level 90 and I am 1xp away from being level 91. I though to myself no way I am that unlucky so I turned in another quest and noticed I didn't level up.

This is highly annoying and I wasted a decent amount of Xp doing both Dungeons/Quests before I notice this. I was set on hitting level 100 and come the first of the year buying the collector of WoD and some gametime. But this is a big slap in the face to me.....

I am still interested in checking WoD out but now what is the point in playing those 10 days if I can't even level up. Now I would understand if I was level 100 and I was locked out of all raid modes but not being able to level and yet say come play WoD for 10 days for free is just annoying.

/End Rant.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-12-19 at 07:41 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

"Come in and try our game, but you don't get to actually do anything."
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Gotta love people who complain about things that are free....

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you gonna get out of leveling to 100 that you cant get from lvling to 91 minus 1xp??? Surely you've experienced WoD enough to decide whether you're gonna buy it or not. The free trial is so you can BITE and want to purchase it, not to let you run amok and do what you want. As a paying customer I am glad that my money gives me more than that of someone only TRYING the game out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Blizzard just sent out some come and play WOD for 10 day trails. I though this was cool and would give me a chance to try it before buying it.
    Well I was doing quest's and enjoying myself and after I started my garrson I noticed something. I am still level 90 and I am 1xp away from being level 91. I though to myself no way I am that unlucky so I turned in another quest and noticed I didn't level up.

This is highly annoying and I wasted a decent amount of Xp doing both Dungeons/Quests before I notice this. I was set on hitting level 100 and come the first of the year buying the colleector of WoD and some gametime. But this is a big slap in the face to me.....

I am still interested in checking WoD out but now what is the point in playing those 10 days if I can't even level up. Now I would understand if I was level 100 and I was locked out of all raid modes but not being able to level and yet say come play WoD for 10 days for free is just annoying.

/End Rant.
    Pretty sure the point of the 10 days was to let you try out the game, like a demo. Not to reach max level and start gearing up.
    Doing the introduction quests in Tanaan Jungle, trying out Garrison and do some SMV/FFR should give you some idea about how the expansion is.

Trials gonna trial.

wow... yep. that seems to go against the idea of "trying out the game" completely lol

Not sure why you are surprised by this. WoW has always had restrictions in place for trial periods. Limits on leveling, limits on trading, limits on the amount of gold you could have. You were given a 10 day trial, not 10 days of free game time, so you have no reason to complain.
    Cooler Master HAF X : Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz : Corsair A70 cooler : 8GB DDR3 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP : ASUS P8Z68 V-PRO/Gen3 : EVGA GTX GTX 670 FTW SIG2

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    What are you gonna get out of leveling to 100 that you cant get from lvling to 91 minus 1xp??? Surely you've experienced WoD enough to decide whether you're gonna buy it or not. The free trial is so you can BITE and want to purchase it, not to let you run amok and do what you want. As a paying customer I am glad that my money gives me more than that of someone only TRYING the game out.
    No I haven't I can't experience more garrson stuff or later dungeons to play around in.

If all of WoD was just about questing then ya I seen that. But there is more to it then that and being limited to 90 and good chance one zone dose not give you a full impresson of the xpac.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I am still interested in checking WoD...
    Thats all they care about.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    "Come in and try our game, but you don't get to actually do anything."
    It really is this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chase123 View Post
    Thats all they care about.
    Clearly and I wouldn't have even got annoyed about it if it wasn't for the fact all it says is come try WOD for 10 days.

If it had a list of things u was limited to then fine I wouldn't say a word but it didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Organoth View Post
    Not sure why you are surprised by this. WoW has always had restrictions in place for trial periods. Limits on leveling, limits on trading, limits on the amount of gold you could have. You were given a 10 day trial, not 10 days of free game time, so you have no reason to complain.
    A few times in MOP I got 7 day free trails that was not limited on my account.

I was able to do raids and everything. To be clear I got a full account just don't have a WoD key on it yet. Hell even where u would see the MoP box it has the WoD box and a big 10 in the conor of it.

So with that and the wording I assumed I would get to play WoD for 10days and then if I wanted to play longer I would need to pay. There was nothing stating it would be limited and if it was I wouldn't have wasted all that xp.

So it's a douche move of Blizzard that you didn't read up on the service you're using.

You're "still interested in checking WoD" but you also state that you were "set on hitting level 100" and planning to actually buy the friggin' game next year.

So in other words, you think it's a douche move that they don't just let you play for free. You should make yourself aware of what a trial version is. Your complaining is unjustified and pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsteel View Post
    Gotta love people who complain about things that are free....
    Gotta love how people complain about people complaining about how something says something, but is not actually that something.

On topic, they did that in MoP as well, was highly annoyed with it. Basically resubbed after the 20 minutes it took to get from 85-85.9999999. 10 days free, but god forbid they let you get to level cap and actually experience the game.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

A trial is a taste. You sound like you want a full course meal. Go to DHS if you want super size hand outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    So it's a douche move of Blizzard that you didn't read up on the service you're using. .
    I guess you ignored the part where I said it said nothing about ti being limited. It gives u 10 days it even has the WoD box on ur account with a 10day on it.

Soooo exactly the same as MoP 10 days trial? Also obligatory "can't complain for free stuff".

Fun fact for you though: There's a bug that prevents you from getting a digital upgrade to WoD as long as you have a 10day trial on. A friend activated the trial, liked what he saw and tried to give Blizzard money only to find he's not allowed to and he's stuck with 9 more days of trial. Over the holidays when he had time to play. No way around it either unless you call them to cancel your trial. It was both hilarious(ly bad) and sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    No I haven't I can't experience more garrson stuff or later dungeons to play around in.

If all of WoD was just about questing then ya I seen that. But there is more to it then that and being limited to 90 and good chance one zone dose not give you a full impresson of the xpac.
    Let me end this thread for you before you get frustrated at the mega trolls coming for you: You either liked it and buy it or you dont. #Dealwithit or move on. Honestly not being a dick but unless you're gonna magically force Blizzard to give you SPECIAL permission to level, you aren't getting anything after this. You can experience garrisons just fine at lvl 90. All my alts have garrisons, all at 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Gotta love how people complain about people complaining about how something says something, but is not actually that something.

On topic, they did that in MoP as well, was highly annoyed with it. Basically resubbed after the 20 minutes it took to get from 85-85.9999999. 10 days free, but god forbid they let you get to level cap and actually experience the game.
    This x10.

It was just really annoying. No where dose it state I am limited like that. If I was I wouldn't have wasted so much xp doing dungeons and all.

10 days free game time + WOD would give you the chance to experience 80-90% of the content. This is not intended. Now you get so see 5-10% which is normal for a trial or demo.

You can also travel by mount to all the other zones if you want to see other zones... but again... questing to 100 would be most of the content or at least story that is available now... not exactly a trial.

Yes there is more to it than 1 level and 2 dungeons.. but this is for the buying customer to experience...

It also says... read the support-article about the trial version of the game... where it is clearly stated what is included and what is not.
    Last edited by Hyrican; 2014-12-19 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Let me end this thread for you before you get frustrated at the mega trolls coming for you: You either liked it and buy it or you dont. #Dealwithit or move on. Honestly not being a dick but unless you're gonna magically force Blizzard to give you SPECIAL permission to level, you aren't getting anything after this. You can experience garrisons just fine at lvl 90. All my alts have garrisons, all at 90.
    I wasn't expecting blizzard to do anything. I was just annoyed and ranted a little and kinda warned those who also got the trail this will happen to them.

I have been interested in WoD and did plan to get it after I move/first of the year. But this was kinda like trying before buying so don't spend lots of money just to not like it.