Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kulanae View Post
    Right.....now Chrysler's 3.0 V6 turbo diesel is in the top 10. So clearly Chrysler engines suck.
    No one said they did, we were talking about the Pentastar specifically which fell off the list.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    No one said they did, we were talking about the Pentastar specifically which fell off the list.
    No, I responded to lobostar's assertion that Chrysler engines were "cheap" and full of cheap parts with the fact that the Pentastar won multiple awards. Then you replied that it fell off the list 3 years after it's introduction.

Perhaps you did not intend to support his position with your claim, but it looked like you were.

And it is nice to also note that Chrysler's new supercharged V8 is also on the list of 10 best engines offered in NA.

No, I responded to lobostar's assertion that Chrysler engines were "cheap" and full of cheap parts with the fact that the Pentastar won multiple awards. Then you replied that it fell off the list 3 years after it's introduction.

Perhaps you did not intend to support his position with your claim, but it looked like you were.

And it is nice to also note that Chrysler's new supercharged V8 is also on the list of 10 best engines offered in NA.
    Pentastar is actually an aluminum block. No I was just saying it isn't in the top ten list anymore and I noted the years it was.

Deleted
    Go for a Challenger man !

Slow? What do you plan on doing with a 4 door sedan? The 8 speed auto has awesome power distribution and it is NOT slow.
    0-60 in 6.5 seconds....lol It's slow.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    0-60 in 6.5 seconds....lol It's slow.
    Compared to what?

Uh, anything anything performance related in the same price range?

Compared to what?
    BMW, Audi Sedans, Mercs, Evo Lancers, fuck even Golf GTIs etc. They all range around 4.5 to 5 seconds. Not to mention the handling is not even comparable.

Volkswagen Passat 6.4 seconds
    Audi A4 6.8 seconds
    BMW 320i 6.6 seconds

What are we comparing it to that is in the 30 to 35k range?

Seriously. The 0-60 time in a new Toyota CAMRY with the V6 option averages 6.6.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was debating on buying my co-workers red Dodge Charger, he parks next to me intentionally because he knows I am in freakin' love with it. I may swing elsewhere though in the future.

Volkswagen Passat 6.4 seconds
    Audi A4 6.8 seconds
    BMW 320i 6.6 seconds

What are we comparing it to that is in the 30 to 35k range?
    Mustang GT and Chevrolet Camaro SS all MSRP in the low 30s and all post mid 4 second 0-60 times. 6.5 is not impressive. At all.

Wait, I was wrong, the V6 Camry does it in 5.8 seconds. The Charger SXT would get smoked by a Camry! LOL!
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2014-12-20 at 01:38 AM.

Mustang GT and Chevrolet Camaro SS all MSRP in the low 30s and all post mid 4 second 0-60 times. 6.5 is not impressive. At all.

Wait, I was wrong, the V6 Camry does it in 5.8 seconds. The Charger SXT would get smoked by a Camry! LOL!
    Since when is a Ford Mustang or a Chevy Camaro a full sized 4 door sedan. Hey guess what......a Bugatti Veyron could smoke it too D00d1!

In what world is a car that would lose to a V6 Camry not automatically considered slow?

The Charger SXT is also a V6. So all you have shown is that most V6 sedans run in the 6 second 0-60 time. You don't see me trotting out the 2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat do you?

Sure you can get the V8, and suffer with it's bad gas millage and get a whopping 2 seconds off your 0-60 time and spend another 10k to get it. IMO the V6 is the better buy.

The Charger is (out of the new muscle cars ) the worst one to get. Granted it's a 4 door with a V-8, then again you can get a Chrysler 300 with a V-8. I've had a Trans Am 99 WS6, an 06 GTO, and my first car was a 91 5.0 full body Mustang. I currently drive an 07 Vette. While I never owned a Charger, i have numerous buddies who own one, and they get tired of them pretty quick. I drove a few on a few occasions and they felt bulky as fuck, they didn't feel like a muscle car, and sure as hell did not perform like one.They are slower than their counter-parts. Yes even the SRT-8. If you are going to look at a Dodge muscle car, go for the Challenger. The RT ( same with either car ) is your standard 5.7L with somewhere around 420 HP stock. The charger is just much heavier. The SRT-8 comes with a 6.3L with around 500 HP.

That being said, a muscle car is not like owning a typical car. You'll burn through gas, you have to use premium, and shit breaks often and is expensive. If you are on a budget I would recommend an 04-06 GTO. The 04 has a nice LS1 5.7L while the 05/06 comes with a 6.0L and 450 HP. Even now they still eat the current gen muscle cars, and you can easily pick one up for under 15K with decent miles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

The Charger SXT is also a V6. So all you have shown is that most V6 sedans run in the 6 second 0-60 time. You don't see me trotting out the 2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat do you?

Sure you can get the V8, and suffer with it's bad gas millage and get a whopping 2 seconds off your 0-60 time and spend another 10k to get it. IMO the V6 is the better buy.
    You were saying that a v6 Charger with a 8 speed auto wasn't slow. I was trying to quantify for you that yes, actually, it is slow. 6 second 0-60 is slow, for any car.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    The Charger is (out of the new muscle cars ) the worst one to get. Granted it's a 4 door with a V-8, then again you can get a Chrysler 300 with a V-8. I've had a Trans Am 99 WS6, an 06 GTO, and my first car was a 91 5.0 full body Mustang. I currently drive an 07 Vette. While I never owned a Charger, i have numerous buddies who own one, and they get tired of them pretty quick. I drove a few on a few occasions and they felt bulky as fuck, they didn't feel like a muscle car, and sure as hell did not perform like one.They are slower than their counter-parts. Yes even the SRT-8. If you are going to look at a Dodge muscle car, go for the Challenger. The RT ( same with either car ) is your standard 5.7L with somewhere around 420 HP stock. The charger is just much heavier. The SRT-8 comes with a 6.3L with around 500 HP.

That being said, a muscle car is not like owning a typical car. You'll burn through gas, you have to use premium, and shit breaks often and is expensive. If you are on a budget I would recommend an 04-06 GTO. The 04 has a nice LS1 5.7L while the 05/06 comes with a 6.0L and 450 HP. Even now they still eat the current gen muscle cars, and you can easily pick one up for under 15K with decent miles.
    As the saying goes, "the best mod for your hotrod is a daily driver". I had an Navy Blue Metallic 02 SS Camaro, hence my forum name.

Unless you're a large fellow, or you have a pregnant wife threatening to divorce you if you don't get something that can hold a babyseat, I don't see any reason to get a v8 sedan, either (unless it's a CTS V, because wrecking highschool ricers redlight dreams in a sedan == priceless) over something like the newer 5.0 Mustangs, especially when there are so many low mileage used ones out there.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2014-12-20 at 02:15 AM.

You were saying that a v6 Charger with a 8 speed auto wasn't slow. I was trying to quantify for you that yes, actually, it is slow. 6 second 0-60 is slow, for any car.

- - - Updated - - -

As the saying goes, "the best mod for your hotrod is a daily driver". I had an Navy Blue Metallic 02 SS Camaro, hence my forum name.

Unless you're a large fellow, or you have a pregnant wife threatening to divorce you if you don't get something that can hold a babyseat, I don't see any reason to get a v8 sedan, either (unless it's a CTS V, because wrecking highschool ricers redlight dreams in a sedan == priceless) over something like the newer 5.0 Mustangs, especially when there are so many low mileage used ones out there.
    The only 4dr car i would get ( and still wanted all the power ), would be the Subaru WRX. Those things can hang with the most American Muscle cars, and it seats 4, while holding more than a gallon of milk in the trunk.

I just have a thing against turbos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Any car? 1968 Chevy Corvette 327 - 0-60 in 7.6 seconds. What a dog!

Any car? 1968 Chevy Corvette 327 - 0-60 in 7.6 seconds. What a dog!
    Yes, old sports/muscle cars were slow by today's standards. It's hardly new information.