Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Hard to say where a lot of people will be in two and a half months.

I think it's too long if anything, BRF is big enough that it'll take quite some time before Blizz is happy with the progression to push out the raids beyond that, HM on the other hand is small and a good chunk of guilds are already starting to push through Mythic. IMO it'd be best if BRF landed mid Jan to give the guilds who are done with HM something to move on to and the guilds who are struggling with Heroic Imperator/Mythic whatever some extra bosses for gear to get them down.

I'm bored out of my socks already, it's late, not soon. Should be available from the get-go. Current raid is the most boring raid I've experienced in my wow history, it's even more boring as the Argent Tournament in my book, couldn't care less about if I don't clear full mythic, which we should anyway in about two weeks time, the loot inside HM is super bad, not looking for anything so I don't have the drive to keep doing it.

I am wondering how blizzard will keep casual non raiding population subbed just with 10 LFR bosses for another months. I already see complaints on how people are bored to death and BRF surely wouldn't mitigate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

I think February is just right. Any longer then that is just too long, considering it *is* the same tier. Never before has a single tier been spread out so much.

As for progress, yes, most guilds won't be 'done' with their progression goals in Highmaul by that point, be it 7/7 Mythic, 7/7 HC, whatever. That being said, BRF will pretty much put Highmaul on the back-burner for every progression guild, whether you are 'done' or not. Not only will it be newer and fresher, but the gear is way better and of course there will be the tier sets.

If your guild got off to a slow start in HM but kicks ass in BRF, then chances are with the better stuff, set bonuses, and the assumed next stage of the ring, you can go back and kill whatever you might have missed pretty handily before t18 arrives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    I am wondering how blizzard will keep casual non raiding population subbed just with 10 LFR bosses for another months. I already see complaints on how people are bored to death and BRF surely wouldn't mitigate it.
    I think the idea was to encourage LFR heroes to step it up to normal raiding. Whether or not that will actually work or not is another matter, but I am quite certain that was the intention behind keeping normal a separate lockout; not to make it a one or two week stepping stone for progression guilds to simply gear up a bit more and then never look back.

Too early to realistically farm mythic imperator for many guilds that previously full cleared, but even if it was March he'd still be left in the dust like Will of the Emperor was. Too many new bosses with higher ilvl loot to waste time progressing/wiping on a super long fight for. Seems to be way too long of a fight for a mid-tier boss. Take imperator out of the equation though and I think 6/7 + feb is reasonable for a lot of guilds. It's just one boss. Personally I was a bit concerned about Imperator becoming the new Will, but it's really not the end of the world. It doesn't help that we're looking at 2 abbreviated weeks because of the holidays, but that's just how it is. Do have to say there's a funny but coincidental Will parallel there with Mass Entanglement. Basically the new chain Ring of Frost pre-nerf
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-12-21 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    So rush the release of BRF so they can chase the next shiny bauble? It's a no-win trying to please the content locusts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on when in feb to be honest.. Early Feb.? Might be a bit too soon. Late Feb.? Around the time I want to see it.

Deleted
    Early feb might be to early, fun with new content though!

I think 8 weeks is perfect, the problem on this case is the Hollidays that will kill 1-2 weeks for pretty much every guild.