Question Assassin's Creed Unity or Far Cry 4?

It's bit of a tricky question but I'm looking into buying Assassin's Creed Unity or Far Cry 4 as a presant to someone but I can't really ask the person about it because it would be too revealing. But I do know the person did enjoy both Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Far Cry 3, so..

Anyone has any experience or some little notes of fun to mention?

I would choose Far Cry 4 out of those. I have both and unfortunately Assassin's Creed was really dull and had too many bugs, but Far Cry did a really good job making a beautiful game that was a ton of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftGnome View Post
    It's bit of a tricky question but I'm looking into buying Assassin's Creed Unity or Far Cry 4 as a presant to someone but I can't really ask the person about it because it would be too revealing. But I do know the person did enjoy both Assassin's Creed Black Flag and Far Cry 3, so..

Anyone has any experience or some little notes of fun to mention?
    If they enjoyed Black Flag good chance they won't enjoy ACU. So I would get Far Cry 4 since its just FC3 with a new world.

If ur on last gen consoles Assassin's Creed Rogue is more like black flag but I still don't recommend it. I personally don't recommend any ubisoft game anymore but if I had to pick using ur story I say Far Cry 4.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Far cry 4 is essentially just more of FC3 but its also a more "complete" game at this point, i.e less glitches and bugs. Id advice against unity at this point but your choice.

Bugs, glitches doesn't sound good. Far Cry 4 it is! Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically you're choosing the enviroment to unlock towers in.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    Basically you're choosing the enviroment to unlock towers in.
    What do you mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarcraftGnome View Post
    What do you mean?
    That was a not very subtle jab at the fact that all Ubisoft games in the last decade share identical gameplay elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkis View Post
    That was a not very subtle jab at the fact that all Ubisoft games in the last decade share identical gameplay elements.
    To build on that a bit further - if you like one (or any of the previous games), you probably can't go wrong with either. I think Farcry 4 has a bit more multiplayer depth and fun. Little more sandbox-y

I think the criticisms of Ubisoft's games are fairly universal criticisms of all "open world" based games. All have the typical "hidden packages", methods of expanding influence and gating abilities and freedom etc. etc. Mission "markers" that load the specific mission into the overarching game world. All typical methods of injecting a story and missions with constraints into an open world game.
    Last edited by 87Octane; 2014-12-19 at 04:00 PM.