Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevertrap View Post
    It is not an illegal addon. I have seen it around for about 3 years now. It's called Fake Achievement and it is on curse. I have used it in the past for fun. It generates an achievement link for the character you're on, and when someone clicks it, it shows your name and whatever date you want it to say. If they try to link the achievement you just linked, it will link but say it's still in progress. I don't know how it works exactly, but it does and and it's legal.

edit: I would use it to get into raid pugs, and if you download and try to link an achievement that you haven't done, it randomly selects a date and the link shows you completed it and everything.
    And before that we had underachiever. No longer on curse, but it is on curseforge. Last updated over 4 years ago, so obviously first created before that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nevertrap View Post
    Regal, there's an addon that fakes it.

OP I have the opposite problem. When I was spamming 2200+ warrior LF 3s last season, with my achievement, they said 'lol 2011 washed up doesn't mean shit'? wtf? I had bloody dancing steel already for that season too. Achievements don't update retard
    They should really just add season achievements to pvp, making the old ones legacy like they did with proving grounds and challenge mode.
    As it is now, you could reach the same rating every season, but achievements will only tell the first time you did that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Wass is on my side.. clearly hug is code for back up - has to be that since i know he doesnt have to fake achivos
    Yes. And yes, I'm too fabulous for faking achs. :3

And I'd also take a guy legit asking advice and doing whatever he can (while also being a nice person) above anyone that has higher merits but acts like a total jerk. You gotta have fun while playing, after all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    They should really just add season achievements to pvp, making the old ones legacy like they did with proving grounds and challenge mode.
    As it is now, you could reach the same rating every season, but achievements will only tell the first time you did that.
    In a way I support this. In a different way I don't.

Oldtimers at least don't have to bother about achs to get a chance at proving themselves in pvp with the system we have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

LFM rbg cap. No voice. Have 2.2k cr.

Stumbling across certain threads are always guaranteed to amuse... correct me if I'm wrong but OP started this thread to prove the point that many people look solely for an Achievement, skill is not involved when initially getting into a group. It should not be the question of "Please link (Blank) achievement to prove your E-peen is large enough to satisfy..." but " Would you mind running a quick Skirmish or two so that I can evaluate your play style and skill level?" Anything of that sorts...

I'm sure a million and nine people's response to this post will be... "that's a waste of time! I'd rather just have the achieve linked to me!!!" But with add-ons like there are and people selling ratings how can you be sure? Please lets all put a stop to the Achievement obsession and work towards a community driven game again... although that seems impossible anymore... talk to people play with them...you'll find a partner or 3v3 team that correlates with your skill and play style...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on phone, hard time to quote.

Devilos, while I wholeheartedly agree with you, there are so few people that do. Rest be assured that we exist though. I'm in a guild like that atm. Only backdraft is we require people to have a 2k+ ach to join, but once inside even the top rated players will play with anyone when they perform ok in testing.

Though you have to set limits. If I were looking for people to push glad with then I don't have the time nor patience to play with sub 2k people (on paper) to explain to them that their skill level isn't entirely there yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

It's no different in PVE though. If you were to attempt to join a pug, people want

1. Gear
    2. Current achievements

They don't care if you were server first in ICC, Firelands or Throne of Thunder, if you played in a top 50 guild or if you have cleared every raid you ever went in. They don't care that you have Endless 30 Proving Grounds in MOP or anything else you could use to show you're a good player. They want current achievements for current content and that's it. Most people you won't even get into conversation with, they will insta decline you without their requirements. If you do manage to wiggle yourself into these groups you find that you're topping everything, because they set their requirements above their own level and almost everyone is just a faker.

But that's why you join guilds, it's slightly different in PVP because you could have got your Arena Master in WOTLK and it's still relevant today in the eyes of most.

Edit to extend : I hate the whole "achievement" link thing though, I despise it and always have. It started in WOTLK and I remember laughing at pugs who asked for achievements, but now it has become the norm. I remember the socials we used to carry in HC ICC25m and to think these guys had the achievements the pugs were looking for but were nowhere near skilled players, it's the same shit with the Challenge Modes in MOP, need 9/9 gold to do the run and 50%+ of people paid for theirs via boost.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-12-25 at 01:13 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4