Bring back reforging YESTERDAY!

So I was a MM hunter with 636 ilevel just a few nights ago. On the dummy in Stormshield I did like 13k dps as MM. Switched to Surv after the recent buff to try it out and my dps jumped to 14k.
    Within a couple of days I got lucky with some drops from world bosses and CM rewards and jumped to 640 ilevel. Dummy dps was now 15k as Surv.

Joined a raiding guild and was pretty much carried through some mythic content (it's a good guild), got some drops and jumped to 650 ilevel.

Now here comes the problem. I'm doing shit dps compared to everyone else. Almost everyone on the meter does 20-25k and I'm doing a whopping 18k with 650 ilevel. Only reason the raid leader didn't tell me to fuck off and come back when I l2p, was because his gf (elem shaman) and one of his friends (destro lock) were doing the same dps as me or even a little bit lower.

I'm not an idiot, I was in the progression group of a guild in wotlk, I follow the Icy Veins guides and everything. The major issue is that the gear that dropped for me by now, while having way superior ilevel than my junk, doesn't have the stats for my spec. I'm piling item levels and my dps is just stuck at a way lower peformance than it should be.

This is beyond ridiculous now. This game NEEDS reforging or just normalize dps stats to be the same for each spec. Even Diablo 3 has reforging now.

Deleted
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you think reforging will increase the performance by that amount?

aaand not you?

Quote Originally Posted by Barny View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you think reforging will increase the performance by that amount?

aaand not you?
    I don't see how I could possibly improve by button mashing. As I said, I follow the Icy Veins rotation to the letter. The only problem I see is gear, which ilevel-wise is more than enough but insufficient stat-wise.

Yes, reforging would definitely bring me another 2-3k and put me in line with the others.

Deleted
    Sometimes it's best to use an item with lower ilvl but better itemization. Check stat values for your specs and decide if items with higher ilvl are actually the best for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Spec Mm and profit

15+ Year Old Account
    Reforging won't give you 7k dps. Skill will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Random Word View Post
    I'm piling item levels and my dps is just stuck at a way lower peformance than it should be.
    And that is your problem. You shouldn't be piling item levels, you should be piling useful stats. Sometimes a lower level item with multistrike is better then a higher level item with versatility. Learn your stats (or read Icy Veins a little better) and decide your gear based on stat value instead of item level.

And learn to play. I do more dps then you in 637 ilvl...

Deleted
    Just following a simple class guide (icy veins) won´t help you much. Look around on forums, get information, learn fights (not just tactics: movement, what to do at wich point, targets), watch video´s, talk to other hunters, practice... will help you. Having a bad weapon or trinket can also throw your dps off by alot as a damage dealer.

I also want to point out, im not sure how accurate ice veins is anyway for hunter, but its been known to not always be accurate and sometimes even totally inaccurate.

Deleted
    as ppl have said, change up your gear a bit and stop aiming for ilvl. my lock hits around 20k in a 5 man and the gear is mostly haste ( which is the worse stat for destro imo) i think you need to practice on a training dummy with your rotation because no reforge is gonna up your dps that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's already a huge topic asking to bring reforging back, why do we need another one?

Reforging will not help your relative damage unless everyone around you is somehow perfectly itemized.

I can tell you now that my group's hunter pulls more DPS than you with lower item level, so the issue isn't stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reforging never did and would not now, grant a 50% increase to your dps.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    I don't mean to be a dick about this but you realise they don't have reforging either right?

You shouldn't be asking for reforging back, you should be talking to them and asking them what they're doing that you're not.

Deleted
    I think you should rename this threat to "need help".

Reforging is not the issue here. No one else has it in the game, even people in the same spec with same ilvl as you are preforming better.

If you could link your world of logs report and ask people to inspect it, I'm sure someone would give you a very detailed clear explanation on some improvements.

You say your following the Icyveins guide to the letter, but we can't see that without some sort of combat log to compare with.

Deleted
    So I was a MM hunter with 636 ilevel just a few nights ago. On the dummy in Stormshield I did like 13k dps as MM. Switched to Surv after the recent buff to try it out and my dps jumped to 14k.
    Within a couple of days I got lucky with some drops from world bosses and CM rewards and jumped to 640 ilevel. Dummy dps was now 15k as Surv.

Joined a raiding guild and was pretty much carried through some mythic content (it's a good guild), got some drops and jumped to 650 ilevel.

Now here comes the problem. I'm doing shit dps compared to everyone else. Almost everyone on the meter does 20-25k and I'm doing a whopping 18k with 650 ilevel. Only reason the raid leader didn't tell me to fuck off and come back when I l2p, was because his gf (elem shaman) and one of his friends (destro lock) were doing the same dps as me or even a little bit lower.

I'm not an idiot, I was in the progression group of a guild in wotlk, I follow the Icy Veins guides and everything. The major issue is that the gear that dropped for me by now, while having way superior ilevel than my junk, doesn't have the stats for my spec. I'm piling item levels and my dps is just stuck at a way lower peformance than it should be.

This is beyond ridiculous now. This game NEEDS reforging or just normalize dps stats to be the same for each spec. Even Diablo 3 has reforging now.
    I'm a Paladin with 648, WE usually bring about 4 hunters all 4 of them between 640 and 652, yet all 4 of them are at 20k+...

I think this is you, not reforging.

how about um " hell NO"

This is a problem with you, not with reforging.

Sit on a dummy, try different specs out, work on a decent opener etc, it all adds up. Icy veins is an idiot guide, following it to the letter won't make you mythic ready.

Deleted

Icy-veins is actually often crap, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelden View Post
    Sometimes it's best to use an item with lower ilvl but better itemization. Check stat values for your specs and decide if items with higher ilvl are actually the best for you.
    Can anyone give a legit example of when this is true? The way item levels jump these days (15 between lfr->normal->H->M) , I honestly doubt this is ever the case. The only times this might happen would be like a warforged/socketed best secondary stats vs upper tier worst secondary stats. So like a normal warforged socketed > heroic. There's only 9 ilevels there and the socket + the secondaries might make it up.

But that's an extreme example and I doubt it's the case with the OP. Again, I would be curious to see any example if anyone has one.

I don't see how I could possibly improve by button mashing. As I said, I follow the Icy Veins rotation to the letter. The only problem I see is gear, which ilevel-wise is more than enough but insufficient stat-wise.

Yes, reforging would definitely bring me another 2-3k and put me in line with the others.
    I stopped at Icy Veins.