BSOD unable to fix?

Hey.

So.

I reinstalled windows a week or so ago, and everything was just fine..

Then suddenly I started getting craches, aka bsods while playing. I noticed it happened mostly when I loaded (but not everytime) in WoW.
    The BSOD code is: 0x00000116 which is most likely a video driver problem, i aldready know that much. So I went ahead, reinstalled the driver. Nothing happened, I still got BSOD once in a while. So then I went ahead, and completely cleaned my comp (very dusty) so after all these " fixes " it started happening only after a few hours or 4.. Before it could happen any time.

Most annoying thing about it all is that I have to "redo" weakauras and stuff, it resets for some reason.

So anyone have a idea of what I can do? I tried a ton of things as you can see..

I also put the GFX in another pcie port, did not work.

It's a gtx 780

ALSO its unable to createa dump file every time so i cannot provide that

Since it starts after time I would start by checking temps and testing memory (1 bar at a time) and go from there, as for your ui/mods resetting, set them up, leave the game normally and make a copy of the saved files so you can copy them back, could be they just don't get saved or saved correctly if you never leave the game normally.

I have tried montoring temps, and they are just fine.. CPU doesnt get above 50, GPU is around 70 after 4 hours. (it went down a few after cleaning).

Also I have run prime with Blend, but I guess I should do a better memtest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next thing to do is cover some basics. Besides the temps which seem fine, then check the hard disk status with CrystalDiskMark. Also check memory with memtest86.

Quote Originally Posted by IzorkX View Post
    Most annoying thing about it all is that I have to "redo" weakauras and stuff, it resets for some reason.
    After setting up your addons, log out and close WoW. WoW doesn't save addon settings until a successful log out (avoids WoW crash-starts due to corrupt settings).

Adding onto memtest86, there are other memtest utilities. HCIMemtest is a more strenuous RAM test, and memtestG80 tests Nvidia VRAM (memtestCl for AMD cards).

Also, what PSU do you have? Could be the PSU overheating.
    Last edited by yurano; 2014-12-20 at 03:47 AM.

Is the fan working well enough. it spins easily... I'd go with the suggestion of checking the memory both on your motherboard and the graphics card.

If you have a secondary PSU thats good enough then see if it changing anything....

wow forums do have some good advice of things you can try.

I'd suspect the graphics card...clean your wow files. never know....delete and get all the latest new addons. clean out WTF file....thats basically the advice on wow forums...

Upload your crash dump and then paste the link here and I'll debug it for you.

sounds like faulty solders on the card, buy cooling paste, disassemble it, clean off old cooling paste, pre-heat oven to 385f (196c) put gpu on middle tray with all the chips facing up, let it bake for around 7 minutes.

afterwards let it cool for 30 min, put on fresh cooling paste on the gpu and heat sink of the cooler (not too much), put everything back together and install.

Your symptoms definitely sound like loose solders, especially with those timeframes where it takes longer to crash after cleaning stuff up and providing better air flow inside the case.

^^

This is the reason I ask for the crash dump. Why the hell would you recommend baking a video card on a failed display driver reset bug check as your only symptom?