View Poll Results: What do you prefer?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • Haste

19 57.58%
  • Mastery

14 42.42%
    Deleted

Haste or Mastery, what secondary stats do you other Resto Druids out there prefer?

I myself have always been a haste druid, but I had my main days back in all of WOTLK and start of cata then stopped playing a bit before firelands, dipped in and after that in pandaria but it wasnt until now that I am back in a raiding guild with friends.

I am getting conflicted answers about what secondary stat of these to pick now, and I thought what better place to come and ask than here

I'm going haste>mastery>rest all the time. Haste is great, and even if it wasn't I'd go for it anyways, because I love the feeling of faster gameplay.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am taking haste but TBH I am not sure about the math behind it. They seem to be quite close in terms of HPS.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

The GCD is great for rejuv.

Deleted
    I'm aiming for spi> haste> mastery> multi= vers>= crit at the moment for CMs. From the little raiding I've done I would go spi > 900~haste > mastery for that.
    Versatility > Mastery >= haste > spi for pvp.

Both. I prefer a balanced approach when choosing between Haste and Mastery because they work very well together. If I had to choose one I'd pick Haste.
    "Knock the world right off it's feet, and straight onto it's head."

http://http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Elargee/simple

Deleted
    Not that this is to turn into yet another discussion on the topic, but I felt like I wanted to point out a few things:

Mastery directly affects your entire selection of spells, while Haste only affects a few spells.
    While it is somewhat playstyle dependant, be aware that the strength of Resto Druids has shifted almost completely from MoP to WoD. Previously we were very good at keeping the raid stable with high, sustained, and mana-efficient healing per second. This is no longer the case. Our main strength now lies in our ability to deal with high amounts of raid damage over a short period of time, such as Quake on Twin Orgron or Tectonic Upheaval on Tectus. Tranquility is especially powerful in this regard and it is not affected by Haste in any meaningful way. This is why as of right now, Mastery tends to be slightly stronger than Haste because it enhances our strenghts more than Haste does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkwingDuck View Post
    Not that this is to turn into yet another discussion on the topic, but I felt like I wanted to point out a few things:

Mastery directly affects your entire selection of spells, while Haste only affects a few spells.
    While it is somewhat playstyle dependant, be aware that the strength of Resto Druids has shifted almost completely from MoP to WoD. Previously we were very good at keeping the raid stable with high, sustained, and mana-efficient healing per second. This is no longer the case. Our main strength now lies in our ability to deal with high amounts of raid damage over a short period of time, such as Quake on Twin Orgron or Tectonic Upheaval on Tectus. Tranquility is especially powerful in this regard and it is not affected by Haste in any meaningful way. This is why as of right now, Mastery tends to be slightly stronger than Haste because it enhances our strenghts more than Haste does.
    I would love for this to turn into a discussion, because that is how we learn and evolve. You make a good point.

No point discussing this as long as WG has haste breakpoints. There is only one right answer.

Haste to 900, then mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    No point discussing this as long as WG has haste breakpoints. There is only one right answer.

I don't agree that there's no point discussing it at all. I think it's possible to make a Haste build work, but it's definitely tougher than running Mastery.

Also, we're talking about what? 350 rating from enchants and gems? Not that's necessarily insignificant, but I definitely don't think it'll be the difference between defeating a boss or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkwingDuck View Post
    I don't agree that there's no point discussing it at all. I think it's possible to make a Haste build work, but it's definitely tougher than running Mastery.

Also, we're talking about what? 350 rating from enchants and gems? Not that's necessarily insignificant, but I definitely don't think it'll be the difference between defeating a boss or not.
    It can be in high level prog guilds, actually there are a lot of circumstances which this could be meaningful in. This is particularly evident when you apply the same logic to your entire raid - ~3% stats is nothing to scoff at.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post

Pretty much this.

But honestly, at this point just put on any upgrade you can get. Trying to get to tricky with stats is a bad choice, intellect is always king, and the highmaul loot table is small. So in the end I guess this is more about the enchants you choose.

Anyway, mastery and haste are in a similar position as they have been for awhile. Roughly equal outside of any BPs, and with how they play off each-other, if you have them in about equal proportions when raid buffed you are doing pretty good.
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week