Deleted

Joystick/HOTAS for Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen

I bought Elite: Dangerous yesterday and quickly noticed that it's barely playable with a keyboard and mouse setup. I need a Joystick to get my moneys worth out of this game and I assume Star Citizen won't be any different. Now, the joystick market hasn't exactly been relevant the past decade so there aren't that many models to choose from in my area and within my budget. So I'm going to list the models I have accessible to me and hopefully someone can come in with an expert/experienced opinion on which one is the best fit for these games.

PHANTOM HAWK Flightstick

Cyborg V.1 Flight Stick

Mad Catz® F.L.Y. 5

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Precision

T.Flight Hotas X

Those are the only options available in my area. Though, I'm not too sure there are many more models anyway. The last option is my old Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Pro, the problem with this one is that it's so old that it still has a gameport connector, I'd need to buy a $30 USB Gameport adapter for it to work. Could that be worth it or has it aged terribly in terms of 'technology' these past 15 years?

Deleted
    Warthog or gtfo

10+ Year Old Account
    None of those are really any good. Joysticks are one of those accessories where you really have to spend some cash if you want anything that's not just shit.

Saitek X-55 is where joysticks get good, but as you can see it's a whole different pricerange.