Multiple mount runs on more than one character

Does anyone know for sure if my chances increase if I do ICC or Ulduar for mount on ALL my guys or is it account based? So running it on more than one toon for the mount is a waste of time.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

it wont increase your actual drop chanse :P.. but its more likely that you get the mounts.

10+ Year Old Account
    technically yes, you have a 1% chance to drop it on a character, and a 1% on another, and 1% on another and so on. So yes, going with more characters will increase your chance in finding a mount
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You run it on as many toons as possible until it drops.

Last week I did my usual ICC run and got invincible on my 3rd run, no more going back there

It's a drop. It works like all other drops. Just with a lower chance to drop than most other item drops. If you kill a boss in LFR on toon a, does toon b have a reduce chance to get loot? No.

The drop rate remains the same. You'll just have more chances at it if you use alts.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    It's simple math. Even if you did ICC on 100 seperate characters, you wouldnt have a 100% chance to get the Mount.
    You would however have 100 x 1% chance to get the Mount, which is much, much better odds than 1 x 1% chance.
    So knock yourself silly and farm mounts on all the character your heart desire.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..

Quote Originally Posted by Melancolie View Post
    It's simple math. Even if you did ICC on 100 seperate characters, you wouldnt have a 100% chance to get the Mount.
    You would however have 100 x 1% chance to get the Mount, which is much, much better odds than 1 x 1% chance.
    So knock yourself silly and farm mounts on all the character your heart desire.
    100 x 0.01 = 100%

Your math is a bit flawed here. You can never have a 100% chance to see the item within X number runs. It would look more like,

1 - [(1 - x)^y]

Where Y = Runs and X = Drop %

1- [(1-0.01)^100] = 63.4%. Remember, it's not a 63.4% chance for the item to drop. All runs are separate and independent of each other, so the drop chance per run is always 1%. What this formula does is show you your expected chance to see the drop within Y runs (on any run between 1 and 100 in this case).
    Last edited by Larynx; 2014-12-19 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    100 x 0.01 = 100%

Your math is a bit flawed here. You can never have a 100% chance to see the item within X number runs. It would look more like,
    He's not saying that you'll have a 100% chance (even flat out says it in the paragraph above). He's saying that 100 attempts at 1% (100 x 1%) are better than 1 attempt at 1% (1 x 1%). Would've been a better use of the @ symbol instead of the 'x'.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    He's not saying that you'll have a 100% chance (even flat out says it in the paragraph above). He's saying that 100 attempts at 1% (100 x 1%) are better than 1 attempt at 1% (1 x 1%). Would've been a better use of the @ symbol instead of the 'x'.
    His math is still completely wrong and contradicts his point. I realize what he was saying, but his explanation was incorrect.

His math is still completely wrong and contradicts his point. I realize what he was saying, but his explanation was incorrect.
    There is no math. He's just saying 100 iterations at 1% chance you're more likely to get the mount than one iteration at 1% chance. His no math does not dispute his point in any way.

Thanks, you guys are awesome! Been running this and Ulduar on 6 toons for months now =P
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't you at least admit that you were hasty and didn't read correct instead of insisting you are right?

The problem lies with your comprehension, not his explanation, his was spot-on.