Deleted

Do you think that DPS monk is going to get nerfed?

Do you think that DPS monk is going to get nerfed?

7+ Year Old Account
    You mean for a fourth time? Maybe a small nerf to our cleave.

Dont think so. We are On par with everyone else on ST now, our cleave is strong but that's kinda the only special thing we bring to a raid (movement speed is a joke).
    Nowish <Envy> Washed up, classic hero - Feral + War dps/tank PoV-> http://sv.twitch.tv/viss3

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't think it's neccessary. Perhaps cleave will get nerfed, but not single target anymore.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    So an extra 5% would have put us at 41854 without set bonuses, why was the 5% needed again? A cleave nerf would have been fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Don't think it's neccessary. Perhaps cleave will get nerfed, but not single target anymore.

I don't know why people keep linking this. It's irrelevant as the gear isn't even available yet. They really should have sims for BiS Highmaul gear, not BRF. The 665 set is probably closer to most people, and monks are quite a bit higher ranked there than in the 695 set, but still middle of the pack.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    I don't know why people keep linking this. It's irrelevant as the gear isn't even available yet. They really should have sims for BiS Highmaul gear, not BRF. The 665 set is probably closer to most people, and monks are quite a bit higher ranked there than in the 695 set, but still middle of the pack.
    I believe people keep linking that as its the theoretical max for each class. Linking current class comparisons from a site like WCL would be more applicable for how everyone compares right now, so it all depends on what information you want.

On topic: No, I doubt that WW will be nerfed again. We've lost about 12.5% dps from where we were at previously, I'd be very surprised if they dropped us more than that.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

7+ Year Old Account
    If WW does get nerfed again, it'll most likely be directly at SEF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    I have the feeling that they won't be happy till WW monks are the last in singletarget and mediocre in cleave fights.

So what if Monks are good at cleave fights? that's their niche, the only reason why you would take one.

Specs arent supposed to be good at everything...... Cleave is our intended niche, not single taget. We are still 100% competitive in single target right now even after the nerfs, and anyone who argues otherwise is wrong. Highmaul is also a veritable playground for us. Butcher is the only fight we dont get tons of extra damage from SEF. We still can easily top meters even in a progression level setting when played well. Literally nothing to complain about unless you just want to be blatantly overpowered at everything in which case your argument is inane anyway...

I think we will be nerfed again. Because of the delusional ppl going "i out dps my entire raid ST still with these nerfs" "ww dps is still op". All blizz has to do is listen to them and bam, more nerfs.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Windwalker monks are designed around 2-3 target cleave with strong dps in the other areas leaning towards a prowess in aoe over single target.

Browsing logs for the fight where we see the most benefit gained from our skillset Twin Ogron, there are 29 WW before a single other spec (arms) is represented. Out of the top 50 parses in the world 49 are WW. 96 of the top 100 are WW. The differential between the top WW monk and top non WW monk on Twin Ogron is over 6k dps.

On Butcher, the primary single target fight the top WW parse is 34.3k dps, less than 3k lower than the world rank 1 of 37k.

Looking through Warcraft logs in the 99th percentile we are ranked third out of all dps specs, dropping to 4th in the 75th percentile, and rising back to second in the 50th percentile.

Literally every ounce of relevant data to high end gameplay says we are performing at a completely competitive level.

I think we are still in a very good position and like others have been saying, IF, key word being IF they decide to nerf us again, it will be directed towards our SEF. But honestly, I don't believe that needs a nerf. Blizz has said several times that cleave is our niche so we should be damn good at it. We're still very competitive in ST as well if played properly so I have no complaints in the direction we're going.

After watching Paragon imperator kill, i don't think so.

Yeah, they're going to nerf our cleave next, because "That's what you've been asking us to do, guys!" and leave us at middle of the pack cleave and bottom of the pack singletarget in the end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arathirius View Post
    Windwalker monks are designed around 2-3 target cleave with strong dps in the other areas leaning towards a prowess in aoe over single target.

Browsing logs for the fight where we see the most benefit gained from our skillset Twin Ogron, there are 29 WW before a single other spec (arms) is represented. Out of the top 50 parses in the world 49 are WW. 96 of the top 100 are WW. The differential between the top WW monk and top non WW monk on Twin Ogron is over 6k dps.

On Butcher, the primary single target fight the top WW parse is 34.3k dps, less than 3k lower than the world rank 1 of 37k.

Looking through Warcraft logs in the 99th percentile we are ranked third out of all dps specs, dropping to 4th in the 75th percentile, and rising back to second in the 50th percentile.

Literally every ounce of relevant data to high end gameplay says we are performing at a completely competitive level.
    Keep in mind that some of those ranks were achieved before the nerfs.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU