Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How is it that Israel has broken 65 UN security council resolutions

and they're seen as less of a threat than Iraq who's only broken 16?

I'm not pro-israel in the slightest, but not all broken resolutions are the same. You can't just say 65 > 16, therefore israel is worse.

I've broken the law more than any 18 year old who is in jail for murder, but going over the speed limit by 5mph really isn't important.

Deleted
    Because Iraq attacked Kuwait and Iran.

And they used chemical weapons
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_War

Also, partly because the UN is an impotent, pointless organization for anything outside of social programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Because Iraq attacked Kuwait and Iran.

And they used chemical weapons
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Iraq_War
    We helped Iraq use those chemical weapons. I guess that makes the United States just as bad as them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We helped Iraq use those chemical weapons. I guess that makes the United States just as bad as them.
    Not as bad just being the enabler doesnt make you the perpetrator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who sees Iraq as a threat? People see ISIS as a threat, but not Iraq. Not anymore, anyway.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    No but handing out suggestions how to deploy them, which the US did, makes you an accessory, not enabler.

So a veiled nation bashing thread? Or just the standard anti Israel thread?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Because there is no Iraq AIPAC that strangleholds the US congress.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    So a veiled nation bashing thread? Or just the standard anti Israel thread?
    A little from Column A, a little from Column B....

And yeah, there's a lot of anti-Israel UN resolutions because there's a lot of anti-Israel hypocrites in the UN. Israel is not 100% always right, but they're trying to do the right thing, whereas their enemies have no floor to how low and despicable they'll act.

Except in american law it does?

If you rob a place and your accomplice shoots and kills somebody. They can charge you with that murder.

Some guy setup a website to teach people how to pass lie detector tests and was jailed for it.

So yea being a part of it or teaching people it can easily get you the same punishment as those that actually did the act.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kruncholyo View Post
    A little from Column A, a little from Column B....

And yeah, there's a lot of anti-Israel UN resolutions because there's a lot of anti-Israel hypocrites in the UN. Israel is not 100% always right, but they're trying to do the right thing, whereas their enemies have no floor to how low and despicable they'll act.
    There are a lot of UN resolutions against a LOT of groups. But only the US and those they back and tell the UN screw you unless it meets what they want.
    Breaking a resolution should have a punishment with it, regardless of if your doing the right thing or not. Or whats the point to them?

There are very few countries in the world that are seen as threats to others. It's mostly organizations like ISIS or the Talibans that are seen as threats.

It also depends in what part of the world you're from. EG the US is seen as a threat in many islamic countries but not in Germany just as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by grimsanta View Post
    I'm not pro-israel in the slightest, but not all broken resolutions are the same. You can't just say 65 > 16, therefore israel is worse.

I've broken the law more than any 18 year old who is in jail for murder, but going over the speed limit by 5mph really isn't important.
    There is a point to this. A break down of what was broken would be nice.

But on the other hand, in the US they have 3 strike laws. Stealing a slice of pizza for the 3rd time gives you mandatory jail time. So repeat offenders do get punished harder, even for simple things.

You get multiple speeding tickets and its possible to have your licence yanked.
    Last edited by yajinni; 2014-12-19 at 08:31 PM.

Number of violations is hardly a good measure of threat-status.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I would say it does some but what matters more is who are you a threat to?
    There are plenty of threats pointed else where that we dont care about but are threats to other people.

Quote Originally Posted by yajinni View Post
    Except in american law it does?

If you rob a place and your accomplice shoots and kills somebody. They can charge you with that murder.

Some guy setup a website to teach people how to pass lie detector tests and was jailed for it.

So yea being a part of it or teaching people it can easily get you the same punishment as those that actually did the act.
    Yup. Didn't you hear the guy who sold the pressure cooker to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is on trial? Oh wait, he isn't...

Quote Originally Posted by iperson View Post
    Yup. Didn't you hear the guy who sold the pressure cooker to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is on trial? Oh wait, he isn't...
    Selling pressure cookers isn't a crime. But are you denying that there are laws against being an accomplice?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    and they're seen as less of a threat than Iraq who's only broken 16?
    No one takes the UN seriously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    If I broke 61 laws do you think maybe I am a criminal? If I am a criminal am I a threat?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Selling pressure cookers isn't a crime. But are you denying that there are laws against being an accomplice?
    Now imagine if the pressure cooker came with a manual that said how to make it into a potent bomb. Then the other guy might've had a point!