MMO Without Cash Shop?

Out of curiousity, is there an MMO that does not have a cash shop or system like PLEX? One where payment (be it subscription or buy-to-play) is completely divorced from the in-game world?

Deleted
    ESO to some lesser extent. It has a few pets coming with plushies and IRL events and a horse & race included in the collector's edition, with a 'light' version just giving the horse.

It has no true casshop outside of that though, and I don't think that will happen anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only FFXI.

Deleted
    Started playing FF14 last week, lvl 40 and haven't seen or heard anything about any micro transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Started playing FF14 last week, lvl 40 and haven't seen or heard anything about any micro transactions.
    they have services and stuff, not sure if the OP includes that into his no cash shop criteria

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    they have services and stuff, not sure if the OP includes that into his no cash shop criteria
    I'll exclude out-of-game services like server transfers and character renames.

But FFXIV does sell extra Retainers and has some transactions around the Weddings that were introduced in the last patch. You can pay extra for a fancier wedding. So it would not match my criteria.

FFXI, DAROC, and UO are the only ones I can think of. Maybe Darkfall, but not 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    FFXI, DAROC, and UO are the only ones I can think of. Maybe Darkfall, but not 100%
    What's DAROC? A Google search does not bring up anything.

Quote Originally Posted by RohanV View Post
    What's DAROC? A Google search does not bring up anything.
    I think he typo'ed that R, and means Dark Age of Camelot
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

I'm interested in why a PLEX/CREDD system is a dealbreaker for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    They've added some cash shop items. The potion for character recreation, Odin's mount Slepnir, and a couple of minions. They're all cheaper than what Blizz charges, though, and Yoshida has talked about what they plan to do specifically with revenue from the cash shop such as using it to expand more glamour gear (transmog items) and use it to expand server centers in other countries. They're also completely irrelevant imo. I haven't bought a one. I'm missing out on nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    I think he typo'ed that R, and means Dark Age of Camelot
    This. Drinking while at work, so spelling mistakes are a definite possibility : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This. Drinking while at work, so spelling mistakes are a definite possibility : P
    Drunnkaarrdd.

But yeah, FFXIV added some shop stuff like mounts, pets and the wedding stuff. Cosmetic adorable looking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    I'm interested in why a PLEX/CREDD system is a dealbreaker for you.
    1. It weakens any economic simulation in the game by introducing external money into the internal universe.

2. Since accounts can now cover their own costs with in-game currency, it pushes regular players towards botting and multi-boxing. And sometimes, it pushes regular players towards setting up RMT schemes. Eve has/had all sorts of shenanigans with lotteries and accusations that many of the top alliances are set up for the purpose of RMT.

3. Philosophically, I don't approve of games where the "strong" get to play for free, while "weak" players end up paying more money. I think that a game should be monetarily supported by all of its players, in as broad a manner as possible. Basically, everyone should have some skin in the game, of roughly equal amounts.

There's a few as others mentioned above, but these days most MMO's will always have a cash shop. Doesn't matter if the MMO is subscription based.

Which is a bit annoying to me. Glavin.