Poll: Elemental Blast: Heal. Do you like this Idea?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Elemental Blast turned in to a heal

Thoughts? I honestly would prefer it to be Elemental Blast: Heal. Does the same things but is castable on a friendly target and heals for 10k.
    Only when in Restoration Specialization

For Resto Shaman...
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2014-12-20 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    I think it'd be fun if you could cast it as a heal and give the +stat buff to the player you heal but I guess you'd be forced to cast it onto the best DPSer all the time then which makes it unfun in Blizzards eyes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnis View Post
    I think it'd be fun if you could cast it as a heal and give the +stat buff to the player you heal but I guess you'd be forced to cast it onto the best DPSer all the time then which makes it unfun in Blizzards eyes.
    What could be fun is if it was something like this.

Elemental Blast: Healing Aura

2 second cast time

Heals all allies in a 40 yard radius for 10,000

Applies Elemental Focus to all targets healed

Elemental focus increases one of these stats:

Mastery, Critical strike, multistrike, haste by 200 for 8 seconds

Applies Aggressive regeneration to the Shaman

Aggressive Regeneration increases the shamans spirit by 1000 for 10 seconds.

30 Second CD
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2014-12-19 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    What could be fun is if it was something like this.

Elemental Blast: Healing Aura

2 second cast time

Heals all allies in a 40 yard radius for 10,000

Applies Elemental Focus to all targets healed

Elemental focus increases one of these stats:

Mastery, Critical strike, multistrike, haste by 200 for 8 seconds

Applies Aggressive regeneration to the Shaman

Aggressive Regeneration increases the shamans spirit by 1000 for 10 seconds.

30 Second CD
    Horribly overpowered. Would force top guilds to use multiple resto shaman and rotate their CDs to maintain the buff at all times.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Deleted
    Its designed so that you trade off the 2sec healing time in order to recieve the MASSIVE spirit boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Horribly overpowered. Would force top guilds to use multiple resto shaman and rotate their CDs to maintain the buff at all times.
    Yeah, but its just a possibility of what it could be like. Maybe if it only gave the raid 50 in a stat and the shaman 200+ the spirit.

unleash life would need a buff too, maybe add amplify (like the mages have) to it, so when you unleash life on a target your healing is increased on them by 10% for 10 seconds and the next direct healing spell is increased by 50%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    Its designed so that you trade off the 2sec healing time in order to recieve the MASSIVE spirit boost.
    People just turn it in to a cast@focus spell already so they don't have to target the boss. its not like it adds any unique play style or skill to it. if any healing ability has a 2 second cast time you're not healing during those 2 seconds. so your point is mute.

Deleted
    People just turn it in to a cast@focus spell already so they don't have to target the boss. its not like it adds any unique play style or skill to it. if any healing ability has a 2 second cast time you're not healing during those 2 seconds. so your point is mute.
    But my point is not 'mute' (I think you meant moot here, right?), Because when you cast a healing spell, after those 2 seconds you heal someone. When you cast EB, you do not heal someone. Therefor, you have to balance putting out heals vs getting the buff. Youll never be able to cast it during periods of high damage.

Thoughts? I honestly would prefer it to be Elemental Blast: Heal. Does the same things but is castable on a friendly target and heals for 10k.
    Only when in Restoration Specialization
    Or make it boost the highest secondary stat the target has, thus making it good for any target.
    Shaman PvP Theory
    - "that all sounds nice but i prefer the hide behind a rock and dps method, and if they target you, ghost wolf, and if they start attacking you, bend over and prepare yourself psychologically."
    -Thunderspike

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohmar View Post
    Or make it boost the highest secondary stat the target has, thus making it good for any target.
    i like this idea

i think that whole tier could be improved.

unleash life would need a buff too, maybe add amplify (like the mages have) to it, so when you unleash life on a target your healing is increased on them by 10% for 10 seconds and the next direct healing spell is increased by 50% . 2 charges.

And for the Elemental perhaps give them a small pulsing AoE heal like healing stream totem when talented in to them.

That whole tier could be a little more interesting.

i like this idea

i think that whole tier could be improved.

unleash life would need a buff too, maybe add amplify (like the mages have) to it, so when you unleash life on a target your healing is increased on them by 10% for 10 seconds and the next direct healing spell is increased by 50% . 2 charges.

And for the Elemental perhaps give them a small pulsing AoE heal like healing stream totem when talented in to them.

That whole tier could be a little more interesting.
    Why add a heal to a damage tier? They should focus on fixing our horrible Healing tier instead of attaching heals to our damage tier options
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shamantime View Post
    Why add a heal to a damage tier? They should focus on fixing our horrible Healing tier instead of attaching heals to our damage tier options
    When you talent the elementals they no longer deal damage for the 10% channel buff you get, unleash life talent increases the healing of the next healing spell. elemental blast is the only one that deals damage

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...tor#Wba!.....2.

Tier 75 is pretty shitty though i do agree
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2014-12-20 at 06:12 PM.

When you talent the elementals they no longer deal damage for the 10% channel buff you get, unleash life talent increases the healing of the next healing spell. elemental blast is the only one that deals damage

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/tool/tal...tor#Wba!.....2.

Tier 75 is pretty shitty though i do agree
    Elemental and Enhancement can't use Unleash Life, and The Elemental's channel doesn't heal just increases healing done which you aren't going to use because the channel doesn't increase damage enough. No need to add a healing option to Elemental Blast when only one other option grants a healing mechanic. The healing mechanic is unique to them but, if we were talking about making Ele Blast heal for Resto then I would be all over that.

- - - Updated - - -

Elemental and Enhancement can't use Unleash Life, and The Elemental's channel doesn't heal just increases healing done which you aren't going to use because the channel doesn't increase damage enough. No need to add a healing option to Elemental Blast when only one other option grants a healing mechanic. The healing mechanic is unique to them but, if we were talking about making Ele Blast heal for Resto then I would be all over that.
    Oops I completely misunderstood you! When you said Elemental I thought you mean't the speccing into Ele. Blast as Elemental should proc a heal, my bad lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Oops I completely misunderstood you! When you said Elemental I thought you mean't the speccing into Ele. Blast as Elemental should proc a heal, my bad lol.
    No haha i mean specifically for restoration shaman

Elemental Blast is actually fine the way it is for Resto. We need help in other departments and making EB a heal would not solve the on-going problems Resto shamans have compared to other healing classes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Please don't post in all colored text or custom fonts, as it's distracting and disruptive to the conversation. We give the tools of color and font to be used as accents, but they are not meant to be used for the complete post text.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woltereck View Post
    Elemental Blast is actually fine the way it is for Resto. We need help in other departments and making EB a heal would not solve the on-going problems Resto shamans have compared to other healing classes.
    What about making it in to a penance like ability, heals allies and damages enemies

I quite like it in it's current form, you sacrifice healing uptime for a massive spirit+random stat buff. It's kinda like how they wanted to bring in active mana regen earlier in the expansion but sadly couldn't.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woltereck View Post
    Exactly get the other shaman abilities going well before looking at things like this..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catbug View Post
    I quite like it in it's current form, you sacrifice healing uptime for a massive spirit+random stat buff. It's kinda like how they wanted to bring in active mana regen earlier in the expansion but sadly couldn't.
    Whilst i agree with this in ways, having to damage instead of heal to gain use of an ability is just clunky and annoying to me when im in a restoration spec.

What about making it in to a penance like ability, heals allies and damages enemies
    That still doesn't solve the many problems with the spec. The only reason you even take Elemental Blast is for the spirit and the secondary perk. If mana wasn't such an issue i.e. having mana cd's back. No resto shaman would take it because Primal Elementalist is far better for actual healing. We use EB out of necessity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Please don't post in all colored text or custom fonts, as it's distracting and disruptive to the conversation. We give the tools of color and font to be used as accents, but they are not meant to be used for the complete post text.

Deleted
    Whilst i agree with this in ways, having to damage instead of heal to gain use of an ability is just clunky and annoying to me when im in a restoration spec.
    Making this ability to do decent healing instead of decent dmg won't actually change anything. Using it on CD is a bit annoying, I agree, but it gives you tons of manaregen and there should be some price for it imo.