Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgaard View Post
    The only acceptable time to play Assassination this tier (as of this post) is Twin Ogron.

A bad sub rogue will beat the most optimal performance from Assassination.
    Let's not get carried away. A bad sub rogue is going to be really bad. They'll lose to anyone who can play well. At equal-ish skill you are correct though.

Deleted
    First of all, Dont use SR / KS Untill you got Deep insight buff, thats when the real damage goes up for combat.
    Second, Use vanish more often to get ambushes.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinftw92 View Post
    First of all, Dont use SR / KS Untill you got Deep insight buff, thats when the real damage goes up for combat.
    Second, Use vanish more often to get ambushes.
    Delaying KS for deep insight is a dps loss unless youre really close to hitting it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    Let's not get carried away. A bad sub rogue is going to be really bad. They'll lose to anyone who can play well. At equal-ish skill you are correct though.
    It's not getting carried away. A 40th percentile ranking sub rogue is outperforming a 85th+ percentile Assassination rogues in all circumstances save for the likes of Twin Ogron.

That would be my definition of a 'bad' sub rogue, albeit this could be as a result of lack of gear or just learning the spec rather than the player being bad.

Assassination is in a terrible spot right now; this isn't like Assassination last tier. It's pretty much not viable for decent level of raiding.
    Last edited by mmoc66558867f2; 2014-12-21 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post

Here is real data derived from the logs of good players. As you can see, Assassination is shit tier.

Nobody cares about your experiences in LFR. LFR is filled with trash tier players. They're so bad I could beat 90% of LFR players with my eyes closed while playing Assassination.
    Sorry , but I just found it funny that you are bashing on Assassination and linking the logs. Except that in the logs you linked Assassination is above combat.While I do agree Assassination is weak atm, unless you are in a top 100 guild, you will get better dps results playing what you like over a spec that you don't.

On topic,

Like others have said he is casting to many RvS for the duration of the fight,Never use AR before KS since you can remove 30+ seconds of your CD of KS during the AR.Also if your healers can handle it he should spec for cheat death and replace glyph of feint for glyph of dissapearance and use more vanish+ambush for almost free CP.

Or get a decent dagger and just go subtlety for this fight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnesymne View Post
    Sorry , but I just found it funny that you are bashing on Assassination and linking the logs. Except that in the logs you linked Assassination is above combat.While I do agree Assassination is weak atm, unless you are in a top 100 guild, you will get better dps results playing what you like over a spec that you don't.

On topic,

Like others have said he is casting to many RvS for the duration of the fight,Never use AR before KS since you can remove 30+ seconds of your CD of KS during the AR.Also if your healers can handle it he should spec for cheat death and replace glyph of feint for glyph of dissapearance and use more vanish+ambush for almost free CP.

Or get a decent dagger and just go subtlety for this fight.
    How can people arbitrarily throw off around what rank guilds you need to be when it comes to personal performance like DPS. You could be in a casual normal guild and you would still get better dps results so long as you have the capability to adapt and learn another spec. Particularly if a spec is quite far behind another. If the difference was negligible I would agree but unfortunately it's not.

I would also say that there isn't much point playing a pure DPS class if you're too stubborn to learn or try a new spec when it becomes better than others, but that is going off topic.

In another note, its also worth noting its not too much of a disadvantage to actually play sub with a combat offhand if you have the significantly better weapons. Right now I have a 670/630 dagger combo, and my 670 dagger/695 bladefist is better than a 630 in sub.
    Last edited by mmoc66558867f2; 2014-12-21 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norgaard View Post
    It's not getting carried away. A 40th percentile ranking sub rogue is outperforming a 85th+ percentile Assassination rogues in all circumstances save for the likes of Twin Ogron.
    That's patently untrue. There are 29 Mut rogues in the top 200 on Heroic Butcher. Yes, sub played well is higher, no one is disputing that. Badly played Sub is not, however, better than well played Mut.