Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    He's saying he believes in the idea and purpose of Santa, not in a jolly fat man who flies around the world one night a year delivering presents. He believes in the concept of what Santa represents.

Much like how some Christians believe in the Bible insofar as they believe in its MESSAGE, not literally that the world was created in one week and is 6000 years old.

It's possible to believe in a concept without believing the literal mythology tied to it.
    Not only that, can anyone tell me with absolute certainty that in whatever form God is, whatever that may be in true form that one week for that universal presence, does not equate to an epoch? I know most of you are not boneheads, so I think anyone with a college degree will attest that geologic time is a far different beast than human's perception of time. Can you be sure the Bible said Monday - Saturday = Universe from Chaos? You can't. None of us can. I mean it says straight up in the Bible that God does not act on human's time. With this in mind, the scientific question becomes "What sort of time-scale does or would God reckon by?" That's the only way to prove or disprove the Genesis Story's opening when you think on it.

Strange though that many other faiths tell the same tale. It makes one wonder at the origin point of the story.
    Last edited by The Penguin; 2014-12-20 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Well, you're probably right, but it did give off that vibe to me.

You don't believe in any god, so you're an atheist.
    Have you ever heard of a deist?

He said he doesn't believe in the gods people tell him/her about. That means he/she is a deist, an agnostic atheist, or an gnostic atheist.

We have these extra labels for a reason. Because the question has many answers for many different people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Incorrect....
    Maybe, I don't know, I am not sure... And other answers are just as valid... Even if you don't like these answers..
    Stop trying to label everyone with a stamp... That doesn't work, that doesn't exist. Neither is it an intelligent approach.
    You don't know if you believe? Then you don't believe.

No I'm saying people who say "I'm not an atheist, I'm agnostic, because I can't prove that there is no god" don't understand what agnostic and atheist means.
    I generally think of myself as agnostic in the sense that I don't really have a belief either way about whether God or gods exist or not. I'm open to any evidence I might see, and until then, I'll use the moral code I've developed over my life. One of those codes being that anyone should be allowed to believe what they will as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

Is that an inaccurate description of the term agnostic?

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't know if you believe? Then you don't believe.
    Do you lack reading comprehension? Then stick with German.....
    maybe you understand that better?

I gave a list of answers... 3 of them to be exact
    Maybe
    I don't know
    I am not sure
    And there would be even more.... Again, stop labeling people with your limited mindset stamp.. That is not intelligent.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    An atheist doesn't believe gods are possible, an apatheist doesn't care either way. So you're wrong.
    Do you believe in any deity, yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Have you ever heard of a deist?

He said he doesn't believe in the gods people tell him/her about. That means he/she is a deist, an agnostic atheist, or an gnostic atheist.

We have these extra labels for a reason. Because the question has many answers for many different people.
    He never said he's a deist. He said he's an apatheist, which is really just an atheist.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it doesn't. Atheism doesn't require anything other than not believing in a supernatural entity.

This part is just gibberish.

- - - Updated - - -

An atheist doesn't believe gods are possible, an apatheist doesn't care either way. So you're wrong.
    No it's opinion that you disagree with.

Acting like the elderly and saying "your wrong" when you mean "I disagree" does not lend any credence to your argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Do you lack reading comprehension? Then stick with German.....
    maybe you understand that better?

I gave a list of answers... 3 of them to be exact
    Maybe
    I don't know
    I am not sure
    And there would be even more.... Again, stop labeling people with your limited mindset stamp.. That is not intelligent.
    Maybe means no. Didn't feminism teach you anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe means no. Didn't feminism teach you anything?
    LMAO............ okay this one made me laugh now.
    I give you that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post

Acting like the elderly and saying "your wrong" when you mean "I disagree" does not lend any credence to your argument.
    You're wrong about the labeling of atheism. Doesn't matter what you think or what your opinion is on it doesn't magically change reality or a words meaning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    You're wrong about the labeling of atheism. Doesn't matter what you think or what your opinion is on it doesn't magically change reality or a words meaning.
    By all means, enlighten us then.

10+ Year Old Account

Your argument didn't make any sense, it was just random gibberish. Atheism isn't a religion, it is a lack of belief in a deity, there are no moral codes in atheism as it isn't defined beyond that lack of belief.

Do you believe in any deity, yes or no?
    I don't know, nor care, if there is one. Hence I'm an apatheist.

He never said he's a deist. He said he's an apatheist, which is really just an atheist.
    And once again, you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    And once again, you are wrong.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means, what you think it means. ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    You keep using the word 'religion' to describe atheism, and even made the utterly ridiculous comment that it has a set of moral codes, so perhaps you may want think before quoting the Princess Bride.

Nobody can disagree with your stance, because it doesn't make any sense to begin with. I suggest using words and definitions that are widely used, or descriptions of behavioral conduct of those that apply those words to themselves, instead of making them up yourself and tagging them as opinions. You are not opinionated on what atheism/religion/aphateism entails, you're simply wrong.
    Last edited by nextormento; 2014-12-20 at 12:51 PM.

I am amazed that so many of you don't believe in Santa. I mean, he is obviously real and magical. How else can there be 1000s of him in different places at once?

Checkmate Asantaists.

10+ Year Old Account
    From everything he said... the description of the term matches his expression...
    an apatheist is someone who considers the question of the existence of gods as neither meaningful nor relevant to their life.
    taken from wiki, i admit as much now.

Deleted
    I don't know
    It has nothing to do with whether you know or not. No one knows. Everyone is agnostic to whether there is a god or not.

nor care
    You care enough to respond.

Hence I'm an apatheist.
    Apatheism is even described as practical atheism.

There's a difference between apatheist and atheist.

Saying they're the same shows how ignorant you are.

Deleted
    Prove that he's not. Because I deny you short of concrete evidence contrary.
    easy, Santa and God were both created by man. Before god there was Odin or Calypso or w/e. Santa is more of a recent thing, but he's basically Odin.

your God was invented a few thousand years ago, before him there were many many gods that were worshipped and then forgotten, your God will be forgotten aswell in time.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2014-12-20 at 12:53 PM.