Deleted

[Resto] Imperator HC Talents

Hi guys

What talents are you running when you do Imperator HC?

I find the biggest problem with this fight is that there is hardly any damage for the 1st half of the fight, then the last few phases are really intense and you need to be going into the last 30-40% with near full mana.

I've tried various talents and play styles but I just cant seem to find one that works...

I tried to avoid using WG completely, and using TOL, NV, Germination and just spaming rejuvs everywhere... but I'm thinking its probably better to run SoTF, NV and then cant decide between clarity or germination.
    With this setup I'll probably use 1 WG then just chillax and regene mana rather than waste it on rejuvs (at least in the 1st part of the fight) then for later on when it gets intense, I will prob be using WG on CD and rejuving all over.. which kinda leads me to believe Germination will be better for the longer duration and extra ticks.

Moment of clarity is nice sure, but half the time it seems to proc when I'm mid cast, then after a global CD, its got like 2-3secs left only letting me cast 2 somtimes 3 regrowths.. and its so RNG as to when you get these procs

Any advise would be great thanks

Logs:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-4m94jz1bgguewkoh/

Quote Originally Posted by Deathruler11 View Post
    I tried to avoid using WG completely, and using TOL, NV, Germination and just spaming rejuvs everywhere...
    This is my favourite. Rejuvenation spamming is highly effective and is very cheap in the end. WG just isn't worth it. Its only benefit is how quickly it heals, which isn't needed in that fight.

Keep ToL if you're struggling with mana. It suits very well to the AoE that is going out in that fight and makes your Rejuvenation spamming even stronger and cheaper.

DoC is good for that fight, have you given it a try? The heal you get from it is free and you have plenty of time to cast Wrath here and there. I prefer NV myself but if you're struggling with mana, give DoC a try. NV doesn't do anything if you're out of mana.

Moment of Clarity is not good. It forces the next 2-3 spell casts just to even gain benefit from the talent and most of the time you'd be rather casting Rejuvenations instead of Regrowths. You can't pass Germination if you go with ToL.

Hello

Germination is only one true choice, it give longer duration on reju and help with tank heal. Others talent depend on your playstyle and how u manage boss mechanic.

I tried DOC, HOTW and NV and all work nice, if u miss some dps i will go hotw (use on start with potion and then once when you need some cd), if u got group who avoid dmg doc is very nice and you can stay and dps to first intermission with full mana.

I used to go with TOL + germination + NV. If you want aoe on end of intermission i will suggest to use there TOL + tranq, if you kills ony few at one i will suggest to save tranq to phase 3 when raid dmg will be high due nova and add. Just manage mama and keep people alive, phase 4 is easy when people know what to do, only tank need more healing.

I would recommend ToL and NV. Use ToL and NV during periods where you want/need to be spamming Rejuv extensively. Otherwise, just dial back on the Rejuv usage outside of those windows. I disagree that Wild Growth "just isn't worth it". It's more HPM than Rejuv, even when not in ToL (or without SoTF), so if it is a situation where WG will heal for near 100% effective healing, it's better than more Rejuv spam. WG is definitely worth using 3 times during ToL when it will hit 8 targets, as long as you are lining ToL up effectively with large damage spikes.

Deleted
    The mistake a lot of people make on that fight, including me, is that you don't need to top everyone to 100% health as soon as possible. Don't spam rejuvs unless those people actually NEED to be healed, either because they're dangerously low hp (<30%) or because there is incoming damage in the next 10s or so. Let the ground healing like Mushrooms and other healers take care of them and save your mana.

Depending on your setup and the amount of healers, you will need to preserve your mana as well as possible for the last phases. (use a Draenic Channeled Mana Potion on last intermission). If you place your Mushrooms properly and ranged stack and drop the mines well, then you don't really need to worry about healing the ranged on those phases and you can focus more on keeping HoT's up on tanks and melee.

You probably won't top healing like this if someone else is actively healing everyone as soon as they drop below 100% health, but they will go oom before the last phase and you will not.

I recommend Germination and ToL. Tried DoC, I did more healing than NV with it, but I still prefer NV because it's a cooldown that I can use when I actually need it, which can make all the difference. It probably depends a lot on your healing setup though. For example if there is a proper cooldown rotation when adds die during intermission, NV might not be worth it over DoC.

Tried Moment of Clarity, horrible, horrible talent. Like other people have already mentioned, most of the time it will proc when you don't want it to, and it won't proc when you do want it to. You can usually only get about 2 or 3 Regrowths in.

I really dont understand why these druids are telling you to mostly take ToL
    Screw that!
    What I use is SoTF, Germination, DoC
    These choices are by far the best on this type of encounter, the raid wide damage is very predictable, which allows use of a SoTF WG to be used on every pulse, every add that pulses aoe damage, and a double rejuv on the tanks, whilst spamming wrath, I have never gone oom, never will.
    I think I pulled 33kHPS using these talent choices, never going oom when done correctly, and it also allows you to go hard on the last phase with rejuv spam.
    Just make sure to plan healing CD's to save mana now and again.
    The downtime makes it ideal to spam wrath basically allowing you to keep the tanks topped the whole time.

I found you can drop a mushroom on the ranged group and cap them for 2 mines the. Drop the next and get the group for another 2. I then spend p1 and p2 wrath spamming (doc) so as I can enter p3 at full mana.

I try to keep LB on the tank and don't bother with harmony. Occasionally through out a rejuv or wg but I let our disco / paladin and shaman do all the work in p1 and p2 these are relatively low damage phases and the 10k hps from doc is generally enough to help stbLise the tanks.

Good luck it's a very fun fight. Just remember to turn off recount for this fight. It's not the healers job to top hps it's your job to prevent deaths.

SoTF+ DoC

Only use WG with SoTF up. Keep LB on the tank or player taking a lot of damage. Wrath spam when SoTF isn't up with some added rejuvs here and there for the people who really need it. Allows for mana regen, low healing when when damage is low and burst healing when damage is high. I healed HImp with this build for our kill.

Deleted
    If you (or your fellow healers) help keep your overhealing low, WG is more efficient than what you think. Do the math, both from the data in the spellbook under raid buffs (and harmony up) and from the logs. It came as a surprise to me aswell. Spoiler: WG is more eficient than rejuvenation.

The way I see this issue is more of when to spam and when to let bars go up slowly to save mana for when it counts. Also, rotating CDs (NV, ToL) lowers mana consumption needs.

Quote Originally Posted by delfush View Post
    If you (or your fellow healers) help keep your overhealing low, WG is more efficient than what you think. Do the math, both from the data in the spellbook under raid buffs (and harmony up) and from the logs. It came as a surprise to me aswell. Spoiler: WG is more eficient than rejuvenation.

The way I see this issue is more of when to spam and when to let bars go up slowly to save mana for when it counts. Also, rotating CDs (NV, ToL) lowers mana consumption needs.
    Saying WG is more efficient is pretty misleading. It'll often target completely useless targets, and in HC imperator until much later in the fight (thinking the last couple of minutes here) you'll just be healing people up faster than they need to be even if it were to land on helpful targets. I use WG during high dmg in ToL, or if I have a ton of mana and just want to put a number of HoTs out on 1 gcd. It's not very reliable imo. Even if it ends up doing fine on numbers its often not targetting the important targets anyway.

You really barely need to cast much at all until those last minutes of the fight. Raid stacks and mushroom etc passively heals them through pretty much all damage. Fixate targets get a rejuv or two. Cast HT on them if u want, you have huge downtime anyway. Use a heal CD such as tranq/tide/barrier/spirit link etc when adds die if needed.

I've never really tried MoC on the fight, I've never found mana to be that big an issue if you just learn how the damage comes in the fight, and NV provides some nice extra healing when needed without using GCDs like wrath. You could do more HPS with MoC I imagine, but it comes down you healing inconsequential damage that would have been passively healed anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renchy View Post
    What I use is SoTF, Germination, DoC
    These choices are by far the best on this type of encounter, the raid wide damage is very predictable, which allows use of a SoTF WG to be used on every pulse, every add that pulses aoe damage, and a double rejuv on the tanks, whilst spamming wrath, I have never gone oom, never will.
    I think I pulled 33kHPS using these talent choices, never going oom when done correctly, and it also allows you to go hard on the last phase with rejuv spam.
    36.8k HPS here (24.5m healing) using ToL, Germination, NV on 30 Heroic. There are no optimal choices by far... it depends a lot on your playstyle. Though I will give your build a try next time.

My view is that talent choice depends on the other healers - what classes they are, and the level of coordination in the healer team. If there's room having you rejuvspam whenever Incarnation and/or NV is up, those talents are great. If there are good single-target healers in your raid that can heal those low on health reliably, nothing can beat properly executed SotF WG-spam with Rampant Growth in terms of sustained HPS generation. And there's the middle point, with Germination+SotF - biggest drawback being reduced burst capacity over the other alternatives.

For the level 90 talencts, I'm leaning towards only taking NV when using Incarnation and Germination, particularly for that fight, since it's quite long and both DoC and HotW works better with WG-heavy playstyles.

One point regading RJ vs WG: Watch your overhealing. In most logs I've seen they are equal, or WG overheals less. WG's HoT ticks in faster, which is an advantage most of the time.
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2014-12-22 at 12:05 AM.

Been doing many tries on this boss, killed it last weekend. My thoughts :

- ToL is really good. This fight will be a struggle mana-wise unless your raid performs perfectly. ToL is a real mana saver, and comes in handy expecially during transitions, P3 and P4. I guess SotF is good... But you really dont need super powerful WG, exept maybe at the end of each transition when small add dies, but Tranquility is better for this part.

- I run HOTW. I think DoC is completly useless for this fight, because you will only be using Wrath during P1 and P2. P3 and P4 (and transition) will not allow you to cast many wrath. NV is good obviously, but HOTW works perfectly for me. I use it at the start and DPS for the whole p1, then it's up again when I will need it for healing during the second transition / P4.

- Germination. No question.

Regarding WG usage, many people in this thread adviced against it, in favor of Rejuv. I disagree. If you are going to use more than 4 rejuv, WG is more efficient. Also, it NEVER goes to waste for me. I use it exclusively when there is a big add (raid AOE), and on myself (so it spreads around me, on ranged group). So pretty much everyone is loosing HP and it doesnt matter where it ends up, it doesnt overheal.

To be fair, I've been raiding with another RDruid and he was spamming rejuv, he ended up close to my HPS and about the same mana remaining also. So both works. Just do what you like most.