Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    So basicly what the last 2 people is pointing out is that mindbender has really good mana income, and as long I don't use it at full mana its good to have.

Pretty bad at utilizing prayer of mending that I have to improve on. A LOT! and thanks for pointing out.

Personally I prefer surge of light on fights where people is spread out and take random damages cause I can save it and then spot heal them to full health.

But I can see the gain of mindbender considering it gives a bit lower than 1% mana every hit. every 60 sec.
    PI Is awesome if it still reduces mana cost, can't remember if it does, but it seems pretty wasted otherwise if its random damage going out all the time Could see it better utilized on ko'ragh with the expel magic shadow.

Hard choices tbh. Ill keep in mind solace but as of now with my personal skill I know I will fuck it up and it will be worse of for me than using the others.

Anything else you can point out.
    I'd actually suggest that SoL is better in the opposite situation you mentioned. If the group is spread out then cascade is very strong (meaning you probably won't have star to fish for SoL procs) and you'll have a harder time using serendipity stacks of PoH effectively. imo SoL shines when the group is stacked up, in such a situation that cascade is less good and you can always reach a full group with PoH.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Fair enough, you seem to be reasoned with and not directly try to go nuts when I say something they don't agree with, what do you think I should have done better?

And yes I normally use a Mana potion but until the end there was no real need for it when I was looking at my mana bar and then suddenly fight is about to end and I have the OOM message.
    Well honestly with 5 other throughput healers in your raid I would have gone Discipline

But as Holy...
    I would definitely replace Glyph of Prayer of Mending with Glyph of Deep Wells (PoM glyph reduces overall healing if it gets fully used, and in your 27-man raid, it definitely will).

I would consider replacing Glyph of Binding Heal with Glyph of Circle of Healing (gonna cost more mana, but you should have plenty of targets to hit) - you didn't actually use binding heal at all, at least in that Kargath kill. I'm aware of the binding heal x 2 ---> prayer of healing combo, but it's still mana inefficient compared to renew/coh spam, so unless something goes horribly wrong you shouldn't need to rely on it.

You should cast Prayer of Mending much more often - in fact, you should be casting it on the tanks on-cooldown unless there's no raid damage going out at all for 30 seconds, which I don't think ever happens this tier...maybe on Brackenspore between infecting spores...

It looks like you're using a lot of single target nuke heals - Heal, Flash Heal, Holy Word: Serenity. You really shouldn't be, unless you're explicitly assigned to tank healing. On raid members, there is basically never a situation where you should be casting Heal instead of Renew. An important thing to realize is that fights have (largely) been designed differently this expansion, such that unless they are soaking some powerful mechanic (intentionally or otherwise), a non-tank raid member should never be in danger of dying full-to-dead in less than like 15 seconds. The healing mentality from previous expansions as been to panic and nuke heal everyone as hard and as fast as possible because they might not survive the next pulse of ridiculous boss damage. Now, both damage taken and healing has been scaled back considerably, so people get hurt slower, and you heal them slower.

Basically what this means is you can (and should) be relying on renew much more heavily than any of your other spells.

I gotta run, but I can expound on this later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necessarily View Post
    Well honestly with 5 other throughput healers in your raid I would have gone Discipline

But as Holy...
    I would definitely replace Glyph of Prayer of Mending with Glyph of Deep Wells (PoM glyph reduces overall healing if it gets fully used, and in your 27-man raid, it definitely will).

I would consider replacing Glyph of Binding Heal with Glyph of Circle of Healing (gonna cost more mana, but you should have plenty of targets to hit) - you didn't actually use binding heal at all, at least in that Kargath kill. I'm aware of the binding heal x 2 ---> prayer of healing combo, but it's still mana inefficient compared to renew/coh spam, so unless something goes horribly wrong you shouldn't need to rely on it.

You should cast Prayer of Mending much more often - in fact, you should be casting it on the tanks on-cooldown unless there's no raid damage going out at all for 30 seconds, which I don't think ever happens this tier...maybe on Brackenspore between infecting spores...

It looks like you're using a lot of single target nuke heals - Heal, Flash Heal, Holy Word: Serenity. You really shouldn't be, unless you're explicitly assigned to tank healing. On raid members, there is basically never a situation where you should be casting Heal instead of Renew. An important thing to realize is that fights have (largely) been designed differently this expansion, such that unless they are soaking some powerful mechanic (intentionally or otherwise), a non-tank raid member should never be in danger of dying full-to-dead in less than like 15 seconds. The healing mentality from previous expansions as been to panic and nuke heal everyone as hard and as fast as possible because they might not survive the next pulse of ridiculous boss damage. Now, both damage taken and healing has been scaled back considerably, so people get hurt slower, and you heal them slower.

Basically what this means is you can (and should) be relying on renew much more heavily than any of your other spells.

I gotta run, but I can expound on this later.
    Ahh thanks for pointing out my glyph, forgot to change them I was using those glyph for dungeon spamming.

Prayer of mending I suck at using check, will try to be better in next raid which happens on monday.

In regards to single target heals and assignments, my raids is openraid groups so 70%+ of the group is random each week, which basically means no one is assigned to do anything before raid starts and its kinda improvising kind of thing.

And step up my renew usage.

Thank you this is really helpful and ill do my best.
    Ill Update this post after monday raid. or sunday raid if my guild needs me as a healer on imperator instead of hunter.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necessarily View Post
    On raid members, there is basically never a situation where you should be casting Heal instead of Renew.
    Well, not entirely never, you might have serendipity stacks (and PoH is not needed), but having serendipity stacks in the first place brings us back to the choice of SoL over mindbender / solace. Heal becomes more efficient than renew with 1 serendipity stack, while 2 x serendipity PoH is still not as efficient as CoH. For healing in serenity, imo SoL seems like a solid choice for it's synergy with serendipity and rolling renews. For sanctuary, and general raid healing, it's all about CoH and quick casts to reduce the cd on CoH. Replacing renew and solace with a mixture of renew and the odd free flash heal with serendipity hastened heal/PoH casts I'm sure isn't going to work out better.

I've so far found myself chakra switching a lot (casual, not mythic, small raid size), these talent choices don't seem so clear cut...

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Spec Solace, PI/ToF depending on the fight, Glyph CoH, use Sanctuary Chakra with renew blanketing to reduce CoH cd, stop using PW:S, cast more PoM.

91 renews over 7:39 is pretty low. You should aim for about 150, so throw around more renews before/during raid damage.
    If I could +99 this I would. This is basically how to holy in one sentence. CoH and renew are your best buddies. As far as the solace thing, I like Mindbender personally. Without either fights like Imperator would be kinda rough once you hit phase3 for mana.
    Listening is an art, speaking is a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Spec Solace, PI/ToF depending on the fight, Glyph CoH, use Sanctuary Chakra with renew blanketing to reduce CoH cd, stop using PW:S, cast more PoM.

91 renews over 7:39 is pretty low. You should aim for about 150, so throw around more renews before/during raid damage.
    Smaller raids might get more mileage from FDCL/Glyph of PWS. But that's talking 10-15, otherwise this is pretty spot on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by darkrealm View Post
    If I could +99 this I would. This is basically how to holy in one sentence. CoH and renew are your best buddies. As far as the solace thing, I like Mindbender personally. Without either fights like Imperator would be kinda rough once you hit phase3 for mana.
    Isn't Solace on CD much better mana returns than MB?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    Isn't Solace on CD much better mana returns than MB?
    Yes. Credit to Meryk for the calculation:

Quote Originally Posted by Meryk View Post
    From a Holy point of view:

You need 37.5% haste for Mindbender to break even with Solace, ignoring the break point for melee swings per 15 seconds, if is still exists.
    At 12% haste which is around where I am at non-optimal 639 you'll get back around 13,600 mana per minute from Mindbender whereas you'll get 19,200 from Solace.

As you gear up the healing component of Solace will also increase, right now I have around 4,700 SP raid buffed, 6 Solace per minute would give me around 62,000 healing per minute. If you imagine that healing came from 5 Heals and wasn't over healing it has a mana value of around 16,000. It would take around 66% Haste for Mindbender to match this new figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Yes. I didn't want to redo the math so I found this:
    Yea, Solace seems great compared to MB. Has anyone tried to do a comparison between Solace and SoL? I'm leaning more towards Solace because:

1) It provides roughly half the healing of FH
    2) It provides 3200 mana per cast vs the 2281 mana saved from a Serendipity stack per SoL proc
    3) The DoT portion of Solace can serve as a decent trigger for ToF

Given this, you would need 3 SoL procs/min to match the free healing from Solace, and ~8.4 SoL procs/min to match the mana returns. I guess the real advantage of SoL is the burst in healing it can provide via Serendipity/PoH and the GCD savings, but I just don't know if it's worth giving up the mana returns of Solace.
    Last edited by ceddya; 2014-12-23 at 07:04 PM.

I just wanted to note that choosing your ideal setup needs to account for the rest of your raid healing comp. If you're with other healers who are allowing you to renew and coh the whole time while they take care of direct heals then you can probably go for a max mana/overall hps setup. On mythic progression you will probably have this. But on other stuff you might be going with less than ideal comps and you might need to help top the tanks off or anyone who takes some burst damage. In which case surge of light and serenity/binding heal become more viable choices.

You might not top the overall hps in these raid setups but at least nobody will die and thats kinda the point. The burst hps can be just as important as your overall hps. Change to fit the situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely forgot about this post.

Well lets put up some logs and see what you guys are saying.
    Been working on improving my renew and prayer of mending usage, as well as my circle of healing.

Imperator normal with a 8-man healing setup random group
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3AKmvjMQpCkcaXfq

My first kill of imperator normal random group
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...DrhnQa#fight=8

Kargat HC kill random group
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rhnQa#fight=10

Wipe 1-3-4 butcher heroic random group.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...rhnQa#fight=13

My current gear:
    http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player...strom/saphyron
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hyron/advanced

Would love some feedback on what i'm doing.
    Am I better or worse than before?
    Do I have any bad habits?

Decided to go with mindbender, it fits my playstyle better. While I am loosing the burst potential of surge of light I like my mana returns.

Also please note, we have no steady healers, all of them are randoms.

Please note my current glyph choices and talent choices is based on trying to get more aoe heals on butcher hc.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Why CoP? i find words of mending is much better for holy, everything seems good like me your pom useage is low its something i used alot with divine insight but now i do cast it on cd but it doesn't seem to heal that much sometimes but it will with 2 set so looking forward to that and get rid of DS and use Cascade it's cheap and can heal quite a good amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacie View Post
    Why CoP? i find words of mending is much better for holy, everything seems good like me your pom useage is low its something i used alot with divine insight but now i do cast it on cd but it doesn't seem to heal that much sometimes but it will with 2 set so looking forward to that and get rid of DS and use Cascade it's cheap and can heal quite a good amount.
    I am guessing you are referring to the butcher fights.

I wanted to push out as much aoe healing considering the disc priest and druid we had with us was not very good.

Checked armory and saw you have it i always keep words of mending, your doing just fine from what i can see

Our setup is 2 holy priests 1 disc 2 resto shamans 1 resto druid and a holy paladin 5 healers sometimes 6 in mythic my gear sucks at the moment as i am losing gear to dps but i am fine with that i like not raiding hardcore no more i am going to try keep my renew top heal used at moment it is 2nd coh being first good job

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh ok.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports.../#type=healing

this is the latest raid still raiding atm just taking a break.

And butcher is a bitch to heal.