Save stuff for Prismatic Crystal? Frost.

Okay so I brought my Mage back up for another garrison mule. Figured I'd play him as well, but I have questions on some abilities and the Prismatic Shard

Main thing I want to know is should I be saving abilities for when my Prismatic shard is up? Mainly speaking of the 2 charges of Ice Nova and the next Frozen orb.

Start of the fight I pop everything as recommended. Now that stuff is on CD I go through with the normal rotation, I cast one of the Ice Nova charges when its up, after this I am not sure what I should do.

Should I let Ice nova build up to 2 charges for Primsatic crystal? And should I wait for Prismatic Crystal to go off CD before using Frozen Orb? At the 30 second marker when Prismatic is almost off CD I start building up Mind Freeze and keep 1 proc of Fingers of Frost up for it, unless this isn't recommended.. I am just not sure how to treat Frozen Orb and Ice Nova for when Prismatic becomes available

Any other advice / tips is greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Okay so I brought my Mage back up for another garrison mule. Figured I'd play him as well, but I have questions on some abilities and the Prismatic Shard

Main thing I want to know is should I be saving abilities for when my Prismatic shard is up? Mainly speaking of the 2 charges of Ice Nova and the next Frozen orb.

Start of the fight I pop everything as recommended. Now that stuff is on CD I go through with the normal rotation, I cast one of the Ice Nova charges when its up, after this I am not sure what I should do.

Should I let Ice nova build up to 2 charges for Primsatic crystal? And should I wait for Prismatic Crystal to go off CD before using Frozen Orb? At the 30 second marker when Prismatic is almost off CD I start building up Mind Freeze and keep 1 proc of Fingers of Frost up for it, unless this isn't recommended.. I am just not sure how to treat Frozen Orb and Ice Nova for when Prismatic becomes available

Any other advice / tips is greatly appreciated.
    Saving Frozen orb for Prismatic Crystal is always a dps GAIN, I usually save icy veins only if it's <15 seconds to line with FO+PC if not use it, and always use images off cd.

Deleted
    If you aren't going to sit at 2 charges of IN for too long you should save those too. I'm not sure how long though; personally i don't go out of my way to sinc both with PC, but i always use one.

If there isnt too long its best to save abilities for PC, Holding off still turns out to be a gain as annoying as it is, you are best off to just pretend your 1min CD's have a 1.5m CD. Frozen orb is amazing vs crystal, they should be used together. ice nova you can treat is as though it has 3 charges, use 2 on the crystal and 1 off it.

PC is a strait up 10% damage increase, and it double dips.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaile- View Post
    If there isnt too long its best to save abilities for PC, Holding off still turns out to be a gain as annoying as it is, you are best off to just pretend your 1min CD's have a 1.5m CD.
    That's not always true. How you use your cds should vary based on the fight. In a 4 min fight you could delay FO for each PC cooldown and use 3 of each during the fight. Or you could use the first FO on cooldown and delay PC for the next orb refresh. Following the latter rotation is a gain of +1 Frozen Orb over the course of the fight since you are only going to get 3x Crystals either way.

Quote Originally Posted by TLTeo View Post
    If you aren't going to sit at 2 charges of IN for too long you should save those too. I'm not sure how long though; personally i don't go out of my way to sinc both with PC, but i always use one.
    if you aren't lining up frozen orb with PC then you are losing out on DPS, period.

To the OP: You don't ever wanna have 2 stacks of IN up because it means you are losing DPS. The only time you wanna have 2 IN's is when you are getting ready to pop PC/Orb and ALWAYS save orb for PC. Always pop MI when off CD. Pre=pot before your pulls aswell.

Just as an added extra tip for icy nova and prismatic crystal usage. I always save 1 icy nova for the last second of the crystal due to the damage being instant to maximize the damage from the crystal whereas if you were to chuck a proc on the last second on it the travel time would not allow the proc to hit the crystal before it disappears which results in a wasted proc and wasted GCD.

Just a handy tip i have picked up (This also goes for bursting as well, use 1 icy nova >50% of the crystal and the 2nd icy nova at <1 second left of the crystal)