Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Mythic lockout madness?

Hey,

We just formed a pug after a lot of pain and blood because the server I am currently on is a Low population realm to go and try the 1st boss in Mythic.

We found out that 6 members that have already tried 1st boss in Mythic but have in no way killed him, are locked out and can't join our mythic.

Is that true or is there something that we might have done wrong with the leadership?

If that's true, apart from the fact that you can only have players from your realm and at the same time if you pug the 1st boss and wipe you are also saved to that instance... Thats madness. That is literally making me not to want to log back in again.
    I got little time to play, so I am pugging. I've pugged myself through normal and heroic, and there is nothing else to do there. Now I can't pug Mythic and by that I mean go and try, doesnt matter if ill kill anything but go and get a chance at the first boss or whatever (I am not asking for free loot here) ... its bizzare. Especially since I am on a low population server and I don't want to spend any money on transfering.

I was forced to transfer to a low population realm since my ex realm had 6000 people in queue and a waiting time of 7-10 hours just to go in and play... Well I think its time that blizzard takes this more serious and understands that Ok I am fine with locking me if I kill 1 boss like the old Heroic lockout. But locking me if I tried the 1st boss... and no crossrealm Mythic, whats that? How can I find a team to have some fun without having a guild?

Deleted
    You can't do Mythic with people cross realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfiend View Post
    You can't do Mythic with people cross realm.
    You might have not read my post right? Everyone was from my realm.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, his problem is that he tried to do mythic and got saved just for trying a boss, meaning he cannot try again with different group.

Nothing to do with crossrealm.

Deleted
    ITT: people not reading the OP.

I have never heard of people getting saved from just doing trash though that is weird and seems a little unfair to say the least, did you try to ticket it?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the way mythic has always worked, walking in gets you saved. Be ready for it next time.

If you join a Mythic raid lockout you're locked. Simple as that. You can't join any other raids or locks. This was established at patch 6.0.
    It sucks, but thats the way it is.
    Originally Posted by Vaneras
    Soon™ ;-)
    https://api.lootbox.eu/pc/eu/Xni-230.../signature.png

Apart from the standard mythic is supposed to be the organized raiding content and not the content to pug - you shouldn't have an id if you were only trying Kargath mythic and this might be some sort of bug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    This is the way mythic has always worked, walking in gets you saved. Be ready for it next time.

If that's true that's very counterintuitive. Seems it would only really hamper pug groups as well as organised raids would always go in with the same group.

It used to be you were only locked if the first boss had been killed. But I guess with them completely splitting up normal and heroic when they changed it, even walking in to a mythic locks you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    If that's true that's very counterintuitive. Seems it would only really hamper pug groups as well as organised raids would always go in with the same group.
    Not especially, why?

Guild groups can bring in others as needed. Mythic is only intended for organized raiding
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Pulling a boss gets you saved to that mythic raid ID even if you wipe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Not especially, why?

Guild groups can bring in others as needed. Mythic is only intended for organized raiding
    Hence it would only hamper pug groups, I'm not sure you understood what I was trying to say.

Saying you were forced to transfer makes me giggle. You not seeing the longer term consequences also makes me giggle. This is one of the things low pop has always dealt with, cross realm servers majorly eased that pain, but there is a reason they left mythic to the old style.

srsly? wansnt working out like that in SoO

You can't do Mythic Kargath and then switch it to Heroic and do the rest. They are separate lock outs now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    Saying you were forced to transfer makes me giggle. You not seeing the longer term consequences also makes me giggle. This is one of the things low pop has always dealt with, cross realm servers majorly eased that pain, but there is a reason they left mythic to the old style.
    dude I was forced to transfer to your giggles cause I couldnt wait 10 hours in the queue, while having a life.

That isn't true.

If you walked into a fresh run, you were not saved until the first boss was killed.

From that point onward, anyone who walked into raid at any point would become saved or get kicked out instantly upon walking in, whether they killed anything or not.

This is a big change from how it has worked previously, however it's not unheard of for some bosses to save you on pulling them as opposed to on defeating them. Violet Hold works this way, contrary to nearly all other heroic dungeons. If i'm not mistaken when i cleared BWL the other day I was saved to it before killing razorgore as well.

Anyway, it's all a moot point. Mythic is designed and intended for organized guild raiding. It isn't meant to be done with random ass pugs, especially the kind who want to try it with one group, fail, then join another and try again infinitely until they actually kill something. While this is a new change (or perhaps just a quirk of the kargath fight it's self), I have no problem with this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    dude I was forced to transfer to your giggles cause I couldnt wait 10 hours in the queue, while having a life.
    Bro, I play on area 52. There were 10 hour queues for days after launch.

After blizzard got their shit together like 4-5 days after, only time I ever saw a queue again was on opening raid night and even that was only like 200 people or so.

You didn't have to transfer. The shit was fixed in just a few days after launch. If you had a life, you should've done some things in it and just waited for a few days instead of getting so impatient that you had to play IMMEDIATELY same day as launch, which you should've known would've been an impossibility.

I haven't seen a queue in weeks now and this is one of if not the heaviest populated servers in the region. You weren't forced to do jack. Patience would've solved all your problems.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    Hence it would only hamper pug groups, I'm not sure you understood what I was trying to say.
    Because they don't have to go with the same group...
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Yes it was (if a boss was dead or attempted, at least) the highest difficulty has always been like this. You can repeat normal/heroic bosses as many times as you want though.

I remember doing TOT heroic attempts on the first boss on my hunter and never killed it. Was still locked out to my guild group. GMs said they couldn't change the lockout.
    This is only right for TOT because it had limited attempts on heroic. You could do as many tries in every other heroic raid instance before except that one without getting saved to the first boss. This is either a new - useless and counterproductive - change or a bug that they will fix.
    Especially if you want to try going in there with a pug you can't know how they perform beforehand. This will discourage people from even trying it, even later in the addon.