Fishing, still boring after all those years....

I am trying to get my fishing leveled up, but it's as boring as hell. Although i hope Blizzard adds new ways to fish faster like having fishing nets to get multiple fish at once (throw net, wait, rightclick net at splash sound just like the fishing bobber).

Is there a more less-boring way to fish? I already have the addon FishingBuddy btw.

Is there a way i can macro some things? I know fully automated fishing is botting and i am not looking for that. But if it is possible to interact with the bobber in some way then i would be pleased.

Deleted
    Fish faster (wrt net suggestion)? That's already in-game. There's 3 types of fish to be caught size-wise. Higher skill gives bigger fish and they provide flesh per 5 fish, instead of 20 small ones (or 10 medium). Exactly same principle. Making it even faster would just plummet the value of fish even more. And they're already fairly useless. Only thing they are used for is +75 feasts or +75 personal food. The latter can be upgraded to +100 personal food with meat, but given how everyone has +100 feasts left right and center, there's not a lot of demand for them.

I don't mind how fishing is atm tbh. Can just browse forums or watch a movie while doing it. Only thing I would like is that they made fish slightly less useless. I'm not really sure why you can complain about it being boring tbh. It really doesn't provide much, if anything, at all atm. It's about as optional as it can get. Even if you want to get your own personal +100 food without going to AH, it's not like it requires a ton of effort because amount of fish needed for that is low.

If you don't need to level fishing up ASAP: http://www.elsanglin.com/fish_of_day.html#large (Nat's Fishing Journal).

Besides that, I think fishing works very well in WoD. In fact I think it makes so much sense, that it's weird that Blizz didn't come up with the mechanic of the different fish sizes before.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    If you don't need to level fishing up ASAP: http://www.elsanglin.com/fish_of_day.html#large (Nat's Fishing Journal).

Besides that, I think fishing works very well in WoD. In fact I think it makes so much sense, that it's weird that Blizz didn't come up with the mechanic of the different fish sizes before.
    If they would just make it so you just have to click/press the cast button again to fish up aka catch the fish. Instead of having to click on the bobber it'd make it much better.

Deleted
    You see Fishing as "Still boring after all those years...." I see fishing as "Still a damn good way of relaxing your mind and enjoying yourself in-game which has only been improved after all those years...." which goes to show that objective oppinions are objective.

I've always liked fishing but after Cata/MoP I've come to love it. The little things make for big rewards and MoP with the Anglers led me to really be enthusiastic about fishing. WoD is continueing that as I frequently find myself fishing for Nats' coins when I'm bored or need to relax a little.

What's boring to some is amazing to others.

Ofcourse, that said, I would ALWAYS encourage more/new things related to fishing but I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with it or boring about it either =)

Deleted
    I'm not sure why you would think catching fish in a game would be more interesting when it already is boring in real life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    You see Fishing as "Still boring after all those years...." I see fishing as "Still a damn good way of relaxing your mind and enjoying yourself in-game which has only been improved after all those years...." which goes to show that objective oppinions are objective.

I've always liked fishing but after Cata/MoP I've come to love it. The little things make for big rewards and MoP with the Anglers led me to really be enthusiastic about fishing. WoD is continueing that as I frequently find myself fishing for Nats' coins when I'm bored or need to relax a little.

What's boring to some is amazing to others.

Ofcourse, that said, I would ALWAYS encourage more/new things related to fishing but I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with it or boring about it either =)
    While I can understand you finding it relaxing for a while, maybe 30-60m...I don't believe for even a second that anyone finds this feature "amazing". You sit still and click every 30s, you ain't fooling anyone.

I've always loved fishing in WoW; its a nice break while leveling, finishing a zone, or waiting for a queue to pop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I'm not sure why you would think catching fish in a game would be more interesting when it already is boring in real life.

- - - Updated - - -

While I can understand you finding it relaxing for a while, maybe 30-60m...I don't believe for even a second that anyone finds this feature "amazing". You sit still and click every 30s, you ain't fooling anyone.
    'Amazing' in the sense that it has an almost theurapeutic effect on me, really. Lots of activities demanding high levels of attention for me to perform in the game, I find it amazing how relaxed I become after a little fishing now and then. I hope that clarifies my classification a bit =)

Deleted
    Fishing: read a website/forums/watch tv/w/e, click when you hear the bobber sound every 10 sec orso.

Herbing/Mining: Ride circles on your ground/flying mount watching the minimap for dots.

Skinning/cloth: kill mobs.

fishing lets you do other things while farming, the other things require more of your attention. By far the least boring gathering skill imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    There is lot more to fishing irl and to think fishing is boring you must have never done anything but throw out a line and sit there.

Just do the daily garrison fishing quest with fish you buy off the ah. It gives 15 skillups now so you can max it without actually having to fish. I find it boring too, but I'd still like to have it maxed in case I ever have a need for it.

Fishing in-game is relaxing and simple and repetitive, just like fishing in real life.

It's meant to be done with a movie going on another screen, or conversation, along with beer. Perhaps lots of beer.

That said, I think WoD fishing is "pretty good" as far as a relaxing/simple/repetitive "profession" goes.

Back in Cataclysm, woe unto you if your raid food required you to fish open water, which a couple of recipes did. Now, that must have sucked pretty hard for raiders who didn't really want to fly to Twilight Highlands every week to fish for an hour or two.

I really enjoy fishing. Find a secluded area where mobs wont hassle you, put on a podcast or some music, kick back and relax.

If you're trying to get through it but find it boring, the daily in your garrison gives +15 skill upon completion.

I didn't play much in MoP, but I think you can buy fishing boost skill books from Nat Pagle if you've got the rep? (I know you can buy them from him in WoD, but the currency has to be fished up - which kind of defeats the purpose in this case).

There was a game ( one of my favs) called Dark Cloud 2. The fishing it was intuitive and fun. You cast your bait, waited for a bite and then there was a minigame. You had to balance directionally which way the fish was moving, as well as alternated reeling in and lossening the line so it doesn't snap. It was very fun, wow needs something similar

In case anyone interested

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ooHigFFptEI