Thread: Software?

Lightbulb Software?

I have yet to find a software thread or subject on these forums. But anyway, posting here. Im looking for a good video editor. List your top 3 paid for bundles and top 3 open sourced ( freebies). Or just tell me what you;re using. Im very noobish to video editing..so something easy to learn and with good tool sets.

Thanks.

7+ Year Old Account
    For heavy editing I use Adobe Premiere, it's very powerful and for works with After Effects for some really good EFX.
    For light editing I use Sony Vegas, it's quick and snappy, much more than Adobe Premiere but lacks features.
    That's it! Hope this helps, if you need any help feel free to ask.

Vegas is easy to learn and use, but I'd just invest your time learning Premiere if you're serious about it.

After 20+ failed projects open source video editors are still unusable shit if you want a good toolset of transitions and effects and a workflow that even somewhat resembles professional software. If you want to take a look at the options Blender is one possibility. If the free Windows Movie Maker you get from Microsoft isn't enough you're forced to buy something.

Low cost Windows video editors include at least:
    Adobe Premiere Elements (lite version of full Premiere)
    Sony Movie Studio (lite version of Sony Vegas)
    Magix Movie Edit Pro

You can get free demo (15-30 days, possibly watermarking your video) of all of those to try out which you like best. All are in $50-100 price bracket. Using pirated versions for "trying out" those is not recommended because those are notoriously unstable and hard to get running, and in case of Sony Vegas lacking half of the features.

I tested those few years ago when picking my favourite, and it is Sony Movie Studio. Premiere has really cluttered and really sluggish UI, Magix Movie Edit lacks some finetuning options and does a lot of handholding for the user. Sony's product is the most "traditional" one in look and feel. Downside with Sony products is crashing here and there so just get used to saving often.
    Last edited by fixx; 2014-12-21 at 09:30 AM.

I am sure you can find an open source video editor which will get the job done. I think Blender has such capability.