Page 2 of 205 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    SNNNNAAAAARRRRFFFFFFF

I also loved his fight, was a decent length, interesting mechanics, unique look, cool environment to fight in (desert is always awesome, fuck the flooded Forrest and its tiny corridors and water), good multiphase (does not go into caves until low on health)

11/10 would commit genocide against again.

10+ Year Old Account
    yees love this game with a passion, i dont care if people thinks its always a grind with different colors
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

Quote Originally Posted by RaiGadi View Post
    yees love this game with a passion, i dont care if people thinks its always a grind with different colors
    I actually love the different colors thing, because it actually matters because they have different abilities, like the rust duramoros or whatever has a stink cloud ability on top of the normal ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    my main gunner armor is also Nibelsnarf : D!!

@Jester, youre right, peeps dont think about the new monsters and abilities and only think of the process of hunt monster>get armor/weapon>hunt stronger monster>stronger armor/weapon>rinse&repeat, instead of enjoying the actual hunt
    Their filthyness STAAAINNS me~~

omg MH megathread!!!!!

i have actually just restarted playing MH3U on 3ds - i find it extremely enetertaining to have it on an handheld. Also, since it's been a so long time, it appears i have lost some fingers in the process and i'm back to total noobiness.

I decided to start from scratch - and i'm going with the gunlance. Who doesn't want a bazooka as weapon? it's slow, but i find myself comfortable into playing defensively.

Suggestion for evry new guy wanting to try the serie: start with sword/sheld setup - maybe not the stringest one but you gest spedd and some nice defense, plus the ability to use items without having to sheath your weapon.

I'm waiting also for MH4U - i absolutely need to try the Charge Blade.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I decided to start from scratch - and i'm going with the gunlance. Who doesn't want a bazooka as weapon?

I'm waiting also for MH4U - i absolutely need to try the Charge Blade.
    I agree with both of these things so hard.

I love my gunlance...maybe a little too much. My armor skills are geared primarily to defense and shelling, so I abuse the hell out of Wyvern's Fire whenever I have an opening. I even felt the need to edit one of the premade messages for it; when my buddies see "PREPARE YOUR ****" pop up on screen, they know it's time to get far away from whatever part of the monster I'm on.

Charge Blade also looks amazing, and I'm looking forward to giving the Insect Staff/Glaive a whirl too, though I tend to operate better with weapons I at least have the option of blocking with, so we'll see. I know dual swords and hammer are my absolute worst and I've seen some comparisons drawn between the glaive and dual swords, so...eh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried the greatsword, but I dislike the putting away your weapon element to use items, so I stuck with sheild/sword, plus blocking epic moves feels amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Brunevde View Post
    Only if they are in the same room i believe, BUT the new monster hunter has online for 3ds
    Untrue. If you own a WiiU and a 3DS, you only actuallly need the 3DS version. There is software for the WiiU you can download from the Nintendo eshop called the Packet Transfer or something like that. It turns your WiiU into a hotspot and you use it to play online with your 3DS.

The only real reason to own BOTH is...the WiiU version is pretty, and it's more convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I tried the greatsword, but I dislike the putting away your weapon element to use items, so I stuck with sheild/sword, plus blocking epic moves feels amazing
    Personally, I am a huge Switch Axe fan. Absolutely love them. Sword and Shield is okay, but make sure you get one with HIGH ELEMENTAL DAMAGE. Sword and Shields raw damage is low, but they can have good elemental damage PLUS can hit fast so it adds up quickly if you match your weapons element to their weakness.

If you want to hit me up with your Nintendo FC perhaps we can hunt together sometime. My Hunter is in G rank.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I havnt got to far in the guild quests since I have been doing the moga stuff, I am up to making the golden mask and comitting genocide against the nibelsnarfs because I love them

I am on wii u btw
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-12-23 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Untrue. If you own a WiiU and a 3DS, you only actuallly need the 3DS version. There is software for the WiiU you can download from the Nintendo eshop called the Packet Transfer or something like that. It turns your WiiU into a hotspot and you use it to play online with your 3DS.

The only real reason to own BOTH is...the WiiU version is pretty, and it's more convenient.
    Well....good news everyone!!! MH4U will have native online play directly on 3ds

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/3ds/monster-hunter-4/
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    needs a wii u port

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Just pre-ordered mh4u CE today XD i got the statue
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

I havnt got to far in the guild quests since I have been doing the moga stuff, I am up to making the golden mask and comitting genocide against the nibelsnarfs because I love them

I am on wii u btw
    I have both WiiU and 3DS versions, so no worries there ;P

Play at home on WiiU...take 3DS with me to work to play on break.

BTW...You DO know about the bomb trick for Nibblesnarf, yeah? If not: When he is getting ready to charge you place a Large Bomb down. He will eat it and it will explode inside of him. Then you can yank his ass out of the sand (mash them buttons!) and get a LOT of free hits. It amazes me how many people online, even at higher rank, don't know about this.....

Also: You said you like sword and shield. Try to at least get some experience with a blunt weapon like the Mace. The main reason here is that some parts you need a blunt weapon to break off, while others you need slicing (like your sword/shield). Maces and things like explosions count as Impact damage. You can also do this with the right sort of ammo for a bow. OR do what I do: Get friends who specialize in those weapons to do it for you if you are having too much trouble.

needs a wii u port
    It may eventually. But the reason for them only doing ONE console this time around is how Nintendo handles their internet capabilities. This is why the 3DS version of MH3U has no online support: They wanted the WiiU and 3DS versions of MH3U to play together, but in order to do that they had to route ALL the online through the WiiU as the WiiU online and the 3DS online are incompatible and there's no cross communication. Basically: It is, currently, impossible to play 3DS/WiiU online cross platform with other players on the opposite console without routing it through the WiiU first.

So if they release a WiiU version, they would either have to have it be a separate community, or do the packet transfer utility like MH3U. However, the packet transfer is kind of annoying, especially since you could just buy the game for the console.....
    Last edited by Keile; 2014-12-23 at 06:43 PM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

The main reason here is that some parts you need a blunt weapon to break off, while others you need slicing (like your sword/shield). Maces and things like explosions count as Impact damage.
    This is another reason I enjoy gunlance so much. Few things give me more pleasure on fights like Uragaan than to lop off his tail, then pitfall trap him and literally cave his face in with Wyvern's Fire.

...I think I might be a sadist.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardeki View Post
    This is another reason I enjoy gunlance so much. Few things give me more pleasure on fights like Uragaan than to lop off his tail, then pitfall trap him and literally cave his face in with Wyvern's Fire.

...I think I might be a sadist.
    Gunlance is one of the more advanced weapons to learn, but I agree...they are awesome. I'm currently working on leveling one up....for now I'm taking the easy-route and using a Dios one until I can get some proper elemental ones.

BTW for those who do not know: Slime (Dios weapons or Kelbi Bow) is OP in multiplayer. No monster in the game (not even Brachydios himself) has resistance to it. HOWEVER it is only OP if multiple people per game use it. It stacks the debuff until it explodes, however there is only ONE debuff per monster. This means that the more people with slime there are hitting it, the quicker that debuff explodes. In single player it is far more balanced as it takes you longer to trigger the explosion solo. But it can really bring a lot of pain when you play with others. However, using a weapon with the proper element that the monster is WEAK to will always do more damage than Slime. Slime is just a good go-to if you do not have the proper element.
    Last edited by Keile; 2014-12-23 at 09:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    just wrecked a diablos

good ole lagiacris is farm status I JUST WANT A MANTLE
    royal is lul status, I abuse his spongy tosshie to give resources to my moga friends.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2014-12-23 at 09:44 PM.

just wrecked a diablos

good ole lagiacris is farm status I JUST WANT A MANTLE
    royal is lul status, I abuse his spongy tosshie to give resources to my moga friends.
    Heh..mantles. Items like that are the bane of MH.

Good luck....

10+ Year Old Account

Good luck....
    im capturing laggy a lot, is that helpful?

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Good luck....
    Silver rathalos ruby omg T-T
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

im capturing laggy a lot, is that helpful?
    It depends. Some items have a higher rate when captured...but also make sure you get all the breaks you can as well. Like his face, his wings, his tail....some of them add to the drop chance.

For Laggy, break his chest and his face and carve his tail. Tail carve has a chance to just give you one, chest and head break add a a few more % chance to the drop at the end of the hunt. Break his back if you need Shell Shockers for Laggy weapons. Which I HIGHLY recommend you do. The Lagiacrus weapons upgrade into the strongest Lightning element weapons in the game: Abyssal Lagiacrus weapons.

But now I have bad news for you: Lagiacrus Mantles are for G rank Lagiacrus kills. The Low/High rank version is the Lagiacrus PLATE.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki Is a great site for info for carves. I usually keep it handy on my smartphone or tablet while I play the game so I can quickly reference where certain things drop and on what difficulty.
    Last edited by Keile; 2014-12-23 at 11:31 PM.