10+ Year Old Account
    monster hunter on pc boi, we gucci.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Demos up for Double Cross on the Switch if you made a JP account. 1.8gb download, time for some multiplayer monhun on a screen bigger than a credit card for the first time in like 8 goddamn years!

10+ Year Old Account
    But I cant read Japanese

Put in a good few hunts and honestly its really really good. As you would expect it runs far smoother and faster, looks better and being on a big screen TV instead of a miniscule 3DS screen my only complains were the camera stick being inverted by default and the icons like the [?] above farming spots looking a bit pixelated. Plus a wierd choice for the main menu being navigated by the right stick not the left.

Besides that it was monster hunter on your tv. Bushido Bow still remains my favourite even with the new style and i'm kind of considering importing it if we dont get a confirmed western release since theres very little you need to actually translate since everything is in the same place and does the same functions and has like "RANK 1" below the small potion and "RANK 2" above the big ones and the mushrooms are colour coded and so on. Maybe a cheat sheet to help you learn the hiragana and katana for items you dont recognise but on the whole it played absolutely fine and makes it seem very hard to think about going back to the 3DS after playing in handheld and on the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post

This is hype.
    Still amazed at the butthurt people complaining "its a nintendo series!" when it has been on multiple platforms. Its like the Final Fantasy shit around 2000ish when 4,5 and 6 got PS1 rereleases and every hipster douchebag had to let you know 'sony is stealing a nintendo series'. This is like opposite day of that.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Still amazed at the butthurt people complaining "its a nintendo series!" when it has been on multiple platforms. Its like the Final Fantasy shit around 2000ish when 4,5 and 6 got PS1 rereleases and every hipster douchebag had to let you know 'sony is stealing a nintendo series'. This is like opposite day of that.
    While it's not a Nintendo series...

Nintendo really helped to grow the series. It was Tri on the Wii and subsequently the Wii U and 3DS versions of 3 Ultimate that REALLY helped the series to take off. Especially here in the west. Before that it was more of an unknown title that not too many people were aware of/played over here.

I don't mind them branching out, though. I just want them to not IGNORE Nintendo, and keep giving us titles there as well. Bring XX over to the West, for example! I want it for the Switch so I can have a good portable MH title.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post

This is hype.
    I fucking cannot fucking wait to play this game because it looks like it has actual effort put into it and is not just shovelware.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    While it's not a Nintendo series...

Nintendo really helped to grow the series. It was Tri on the Wii and subsequently the Wii U and 3DS versions of 3 Ultimate that REALLY helped the series to take off. Especially here in the west. Before that it was more of an unknown title that not too many people were aware of/played over here.
    When i started playing on the ps2 and psp with my circle of friends it doesnt really matter. its all monhun and we love all the games, but these strange elitists are choosing to be douchebags like they have some ownership of a series thats got ports on the ios appstore of all things, but they lose their shit about a ps4 game because of the brand loyalty voice in their head setting them off. Like anyone doubts MH5 will be on the switch if world bombs.

When i started playing on the ps2 and psp with my circle of friends it doesnt really matter. its all monhun and we love all the games, but these strange elitists are choosing to be douchebags like they have some ownership of a series thats got ports on the ios appstore of all things, but they lose their shit about a ps4 game because of the brand loyalty voice in their head setting them off. Like anyone doubts MH5 will be on the switch if world bombs.
    Those same people forget that during last generation there were several MonHun titles for the PSP, and PS3. They just didn't come stateside (though we did import them here.....was a pain to play with Japanese text though).
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Those same people forget that during last generation there were several MonHun titles for the PSP, and PS3. They just didn't come stateside (though we did import them here.....was a pain to play with Japanese text though).
    Long as you recognise blast shot, better potions and dash juice icons its awwwwwrite!

10+ Year Old Account
    PS4 game? Its PC and Xbox too amigo

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    PS4 game? Its PC and Xbox too amigo
    This is firmly nintendo vs sony bitching. Xbone and pc are irrelevant to these people, its ""sony stealing another series like final fantasy!"

10+ Year Old Account
    This is firmly nintendo vs sony bitching. Xbone and pc are irrelevant to these people, its ""sony stealing another series like final fantasy!"
    Let the Off topic: Politics styled posters worry about that with the amount of mouthwash they will need to buy.

Pc and Xbox players are hoping for some crossplay lol. tells ya how diff the gaming world is outside the usual console bickering.

Let the Off topic: Politics styled posters worry about that with the amount of mouthwash they will need to buy.

Pc and Xbox players are hoping for some crossplay lol. tells ya how diff the gaming world is outside the usual console bickering.
    Shouldn't be any reason they shouldn't. Its not mouse vs thumbstick for aiming in a shooter. If FFXIV has been doing it for almost 4 years no reason the OG of console multiplayer online can't pull it off.

Though knowing capcom i would expect some dumb bullshit like their usual pc releases.

Maybe not a spyware install this time though, wouldn't want to hurt their insurance ip

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldn't be any reason they shouldn't. Its not mouse vs thumbstick for aiming in a shooter. If FFXIV has been doing it for almost 4 years no reason the OG of console multiplayer online can't pull it off.

Though knowing capcom i would expect some dumb bullshit like their usual pc releases.

Maybe not a spyware install this time though, wouldn't want to hurt their insurance ip
    PC players use gun lance while Xbox players use the melee weapons. Perfect teams!

PC players use gun lance while Xbox players use the melee weapons. Perfect teams!
    funlance IS bestlance, but like how 4U/Gen fixed bow and charge blade it looks like world is the rifles turn to get reworked. I tried heavy bow gun to be the fantasy sniper in 4U and it just doesnt feel fun compared to bow which is so active, hopefully world will change that.

But this years been good for the open world bow using fantasy hero stuff i love so far, maybe ill just continue in world.

10+ Year Old Account
    funlance IS bestlance, but like how 4U/Gen fixed bow and charge blade it looks like world is the rifles turn to get reworked. I tried heavy bow gun to be the fantasy sniper in 4U and it just doesnt feel fun compared to bow which is so active, hopefully world will change that.

But this years been good for the open world bow using fantasy hero stuff i love so far, maybe ill just continue in world.
    All I want is to get as much enjoyment in world as I did MH3U. 5 bucks for 250 hours was worth it. With real console party support..... yeah I think it will help;

- - - Updated - - -

The OP has been updated. Will do more fixes later when I feel like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by izmirko View Post
    my friends reccomend me this game
    Def give it a shot when it comes out.