Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Blizzard's position on this makes complete sense. Don't call it stupid merely because you don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    It's pretty obvious this change is motivated by $$$.
    OMG, a corporate product is motivated by MONEY. Someone call the NY Times!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Cry more, holy fuck. Why would you want everything made so easy? What gives you the incentive to play, then?

I literally dinged 100 yesterday on my paladin and already have two epics, the rest 620, and even my fuckin weapon is Warforged.

People are so whiny.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    You have no idea what you are talking about. It is not 10250 FREE cp, because if I had 10250 free cp I would buy different pieces of gear because my other spec favors different stats.
    Wow you got me, you don't actually get 10250 conquest points for free,
    but your 5 set pieces change with your spec so you dont have to buy those for any offspec
    you would want to play, those 5 pieces would have cost you 10250 points.

Is this so hard to understand ? All im getting is 'IDIOT YOU DONT GET 10250 POINTS' and 'IDIOT NOT ALL PIECES CHANGE'
    Funny that I never said anything like it.

So many people in this thread that does not understand the issue. OP IS NOT complaining about how hard it is to get honor gear, but that you after earning 27k conquest points can't buy conquest gear from honor points

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    So many people in this thread that does not understand the issue. OP IS NOT complaining about how hard it is to get honor gear, but that you after earning 27k conquest points can't buy conquest gear from honor points
    You don't need to....you'll get the offpieces quickly enough due to a raised conquest cap from a high rating. And if you don't have a high rating, guess what, you probably don't need the offspec conquest gear....you should be practicing your main spec.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    I guess we all just assume he is complaining because he would like to buy his alt spec gear for honor after 27k conquest,
    so it kinda is about how easy or hard it is to gear up an alt spec, thats why we're all talking about that.

It's really insane that anyone would complain about this since it has never been so easy/fast to reroll another spec and get full gear in it.
    Reasons:
    -5 main pieces change their stats and set bonus with your spec, asif you bought those pieces for that offspec
    (saving you 10250 conquest/honor points that you would have spent getting those pieces for offspec last season)
    -arena and rbg now grant an equal conquest cap based on your rating, rbgs used to give alot higher cap but since only a very
    small portion of pvp'ers played high rating rbgs, so this only had benefit for a small amount of players, now everyone can get a very high
    cap just by doing arena.
    -Playing 3 rbgs every week gives you a very decent chance on dropping a free conquest piece (for whatever spec you are playing that rbg in)

All these things combined made it so gearing overall and/or gearing for an alt/off spec has never been so easy and fast.
    Thats why complaining about the removal of the *conquest gear for honor after 27k points* is just nuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    You don't need to....you'll get the offpieces quickly enough due to a raised conquest cap from a high rating. And if you don't have a high rating, guess what, you probably don't need the offspec conquest gear....you should be practicing your main spec.
    That and a lot in here are really crappy counterarguments to the OP. You don't care about getting offsets or extra things from conquest faster. Some people do. It doesn't really matter who is right or wrong.

What matters is that it's silly to make anything in PvP take longer or to not give PvP'ers a freaking silver platter to attract more players and fans. Because WoW is not popular for PvP and this change will not help that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    That and a lot in here are really crappy counterarguments to the OP. You don't care about getting offsets or extra things from conquest faster. Some people do. It doesn't really matter who is right or wrong.

What matters is that it's silly to make anything in PvP take longer or to not give PvP'ers a freaking silver platter to attract more players and fans. Because WoW is not popular for PvP and this change will not help that.
    WoW isn't supposed to be popular for PvP, PvP is a minigame and always has been

It doesn't matter what you or the majority think wow is popular for. This thread is all about some guy whining about how he wants the developers to make the game easier for him. There are better things to whine about than this... especially if it happened, you'd cry about how getting gear for your off-spec was too easy.

Holinka seems pretty clueless to be honest. I mean, ashran is a mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Rozaparks View Post
    It doesn't matter what you or the majority think wow is popular for. This thread is all about some guy whining about how he wants the developers to make the game easier for him. There are better things to whine about than this... especially if it happened, you'd cry about how getting gear for your off-spec was too easy.
    Actually, I tend to not whine about anything, because I'm not the one developing the game.

Actually, I tend to not whine about anything, because I'm not the one developing the game.
    Oh hah, that wasn't directly aimed toward you. Just people that complain in general. You just can't make some people happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it isn't popular for pvp. Absolutely. But from a financial standpoint, it would seem to make more sense to try to fix that rather than making it worse. I just think it's funny/weird.

Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    I guess we all just assume he is complaining because he would like to buy his alt spec gear for honor after 27k conquest,
    so it kinda is about how easy or hard it is to gear up an alt spec, thats why we're all talking about that.

It's really insane that anyone would complain about this since it has never been so easy/fast to reroll another spec and get full gear in it.
    Reasons:
    -5 main pieces change their stats and set bonus with your spec, asif you bought those pieces for that offspec
    (saving you 10250 conquest/honor points that you would have spent getting those pieces for offspec last season)
    -
    Some of the offset items also swap their primary stat, and so can be shared (boots, belt, bracers).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Blizzard's position on this makes complete sense. Don't call it stupid merely because you don't like it.
    Care to elaborate?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    As Holinka explained, there is no longer a need to buy an entire new set of gear for your offspec. So the problem that the 27K switchover was meant to solve has been greatly reduced. They have also made it easier to earn CP.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    As Holinka explained, there is no longer a need to buy an entire new set of gear for your offspec. So the problem that the 27K switchover was meant to solve has been greatly reduced. They have also made it easier to earn CP.
    What about dudes who want the elite gear AND want their offspec set?

Isn't that a bit unfair for hybrid classes?
    Last edited by MrCool; 2014-12-23 at 10:27 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not much of a mini game either anymore. There's more battle pet content and updates than PvP.

You need a total of 12,000 points to make a complete offset after the initial 27.000.
    Neck 1250
    Back 1250
    Ring 1 1250
    Ring 2 1250
    Trinket 1 1750
    Trinket 2 1750
    Weapon Combo 3500

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tizdale View Post
    You need a total of 12,000 points to make a complete offset after the initial 27.000.
    Neck 1250
    Back 1250
    Ring 1 1250
    Ring 2 1250
    Trinket 1 1750
    Trinket 2 1750
    Weapon Combo 3500
    Wrist Belt Boots?
    Your off-spec probably doesn't have the same stat priority.