Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    People complained about it more than half a year ago already. He's become even more ignorant, annoying and clueless since. It's because they have one giant circle jerk going on between developers, high-fiving at how popular Ashran has become (lots of players go there, didn't you know?). Of course conveniently ignoring the fact that 90% of the players don't want to be in Ashran, but have to in order to get better gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    yea thats pretty stupid that he didnt take into consideration that secondary stats for one spec may not be the best secondary stat for the other spec. i tweeted him and called him out on it.
    bet he blocked you cos holinkas a fucking moron when it comes to pvp

Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    Wow you got me, you don't actually get 10250 conquest points for free,
    but your 5 set pieces change with your spec so you dont have to buy those for any offspec
    you would want to play, those 5 pieces would have cost you 10250 points.

Is this so hard to understand ? All im getting is 'IDIOT YOU DONT GET 10250 POINTS' and 'IDIOT NOT ALL PIECES CHANGE'
    Funny that I never said anything like it.
    Again you are wrong since people don't want 5 set pieces, they generally want 4 with a an offpiece which differs from spec to spec.

Deleted
    I just wished that WoW would got the GW2 route as far as PvP gearing is concerned.

Give everyone access to BiS gear stat wise, allow all possible combinations of secondaries. Ofc this gear would have to be basically useless in PvE, easily attained by giving it greyed out stats outside of PvP or making it itemlvl 1 gear that scales up to say, 670-700 in PvP.

Then add flavor with trinkets and cosmetic rewards from different milestones, such as ratings, x number of wins etc....

Then I'd maybe be able to truly get into PvP, this whole gearing up and some specs having access to better itemization etc.... It just makes for a very unfair playingfield.... A big no no for me when it comes to PvP.

Now I know this is a major change, but I feel it would somewhat stabilize PvP balance.

Sick and tired of the bleedover between pve and pvp, I shouldnt look at a pvp piece and think "that would actually fill a gap in my current raiding gear" something 660 gear actually can do atm....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    WoW isn't supposed to be popular for PvP, PvP is a minigame and always has been
    yeah your an idiot, there are just as many pvpers as there are raiders and dnt give me that pve has been around before pvp cos pvp was around at the very start its called duelling and world pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    WoW isn't supposed to be popular for PvP, PvP is a minigame and always has been
    More like, you're not supposed to play this (mini) game like some do. Holding onto 3 or 4 gear sets for each PvE and PvP is insane to begin with, and I bet every single coin of gold that I own that Blizzard doesn't want anyone to do this. WoW is a game about choices. You chose two specs for the types of content you want to play, you carry up to 2 or in extreme but rare cases 3 gear sets for those specs. That's how Blizzard wants you to play it.

Now if you feel like you want to be able to play all your specs at max performance in any possible content that's a bit extreme. Blizzard doesn't want you to do this and as a result they don't support you when you try. It's their way of pinning you down on your choice. However, seeing as people still get such mad ideas, this only means that the choices they give us aren't meaningful enough. Maybe it's time to restrict choices a bit more again. Like making re-specs more expensive, or allowing no more than 2 re-specs per week, or having players chose one spec for PvP which cannot be switched after season start. Brutal but effective.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused what you are angry about? You still need to grind conquest points to buy conquest gear?

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    More like, you're not supposed to play this (mini) game like some do. Holding onto 3 or 4 gear sets for each PvE and PvP is insane to begin with, and I bet every single coin of gold that I own that Blizzard doesn't want anyone to do this. WoW is a game about choices. You chose two specs for the types of content you want to play, you carry up to 2 or in extreme but rare cases 3 gear sets for those specs. That's how Blizzard wants you to play it.

Now if you feel like you want to be able to play all your specs at max performance in any possible content that's a bit extreme. Blizzard doesn't want you to do this and as a result they don't support you when you try. It's their way of pinning you down on your choice. However, seeing as people still get such mad ideas, this only means that the choices they give us aren't meaningful enough. Maybe it's time to restrict choices a bit more again. Like making re-specs more expensive, or allowing no more than 2 re-specs per week, or having players chose one spec for PvP which cannot be switched after season start. Brutal but effective.
    That'll only force people to go to the boring classes, pure DPS ones. Boring as hell and it'll just make queues for anything in the game even worse.

What class are you playing that you cant respec and keep most of your pieces? Most of the time you can keep the same gear while it may not be BEST its still a lot better than honor gear. There are a few exceptions with Druid/Pally/Shaman and depending on how you play some healers. Its not nearly as big of a deal as some of you are making out. Have you thought maybe you were overly spoiled by that in MoP? I will take the spec changing gear over honor for gear any day of the week. As a druid its so much space saved only needing a few items. Sometimes I need to remind myself players love to cry over things like the world is ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    I will take the spec changing gear over honor for gear any day of the week.
    Especially because this means you can gear up both specs at nearly the same time, by first focusing on the shared slots.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Reveries1 View Post
    What class are you playing that you cant respec and keep most of your pieces? Most of the time you can keep the same gear while it may not be BEST its still a lot better than honor gear. There are a few exceptions with Druid/Pally/Shaman and depending on how you play some healers. Its not nearly as big of a deal as some of you are making out. Have you thought maybe you were overly spoiled by that in MoP? I will take the spec changing gear over honor for gear any day of the week. As a druid its so much space saved only needing a few items. Sometimes I need to remind myself players love to cry over things like the world is ending.
    Any Hybrid gets fucked with these changes, not just Druids, Paladins and Shamans.

If the season ends up being short then this will be an issue. I'm currently looking at buying both the full set of conquest gear in addition to buying the elite cosmetic gear once I've hit 27k points. A full set of visual elite gear + weapons is in the 15k+ conquest range. Not a huge deal if you have a 2k rating cap, but it does throw the idea of offspec + elite out of the window. The longer seasons (in the 35 week range) didn't have this issue, but first seasons of the expac tend to be 20ish week range.

Not too concerned as I only play one spec, but I can see where this is a problem for some people.