Should I upgrade?

Hey,
    so right now I have i5 3470 and my motherboard is Gigabyte - h77m-hd3.
    I have the chance of upgrading to Asus - h81M-K with i5 4690, since my sister is getting a new computer (I'll give her my motherboard and CPU and take hers)
    So my question is, should I take the h81m-k and the i5 4690 over my h77m-hd3 and i5 3470?

Thnx

Deleted
    Perhaps you shouldn't be such a dick to your sister.

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Perhaps you shouldn't be such a dick to your sister.
    Perhaps you shouldn't judge me without knowing the full story.
    She's 9 years old and I'm giving her my old GPU and my HDD, and all she's going to do on her PC is play games on the internet.
    She's not even paying for her PC..

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to wager that you probably didn't pay for your PC either, but why go through all the trouble of switching. Assuming you're not trying to trick her, why not just give her your PC and and buy a new one (or probably in your case have your parents buy you a new one) if you're literally giving her your motherboard, CPU, GPU, AND HDD. Just doesn't make much sense outside of you trying to pull the wool over someones eyes...
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Tebayo View Post
    She's 9 years old and I'm giving her my old GPU and my HDD, and all she's going to do on her PC is play games on the internet.
    And ur point is. You are in a sence stealing from your 9 year old sister. That is a bit of a dick move and makes u a bad brother. Bet u didn't pay for ur PC ether.

Personally I think this thread should be closed and no advice given.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Tebayo View Post
    If that's the full story then I'm going to say he was pretty much correct.

Does your age mean you are entitled to better stuff than her?

Deleted
    If the sister/parents are fully aware that they are getting a crappy "deal" then no harm is done tbh...it's when you abuse your knowledge of PC's that it becomes "stealing". No matter what the other person does with the PC, honesty should be a given.

First, they are aware of that. Second, if my CPU is capable of running my games then what's the problem of her taking my CPU?
    And as a matter of fact - I payed for my computer, (that includes everything, headset, even my gtx 970 and what not, I worked hard to get the money and payed for everything myself.)
    She is 9 years old who plays internet games only, she doesn't need a 4690.. What's so wrong about that srsly??
    Some of you here are judging without knowing anything about that "deal" and it's really annoying and stupid, what the hell made you think I didn't pay for my PC??
    SHE DOESN'T NEED A POWERFUL PC, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE
    And I am a good brother ffs..

Yeah, we're not going to give you advice on stealing from your little sister. I suggest talking to your parents and explaining that she doesn't need hardware that powerful and then recommend you get the new stuff if you give your sister your old stuff.

Thread closed.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2014-12-21 at 06:40 PM.