Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Once you have 25 followers at ilevel 645, the warmill/drarwen bunker are completely useless. Till then, they are invaluable.
    At this point, you should be overflowing in garrison resources and not have enough places to dump them - which makes keeping your warmill constantly working very, very easy.

There are SO few sources of getting follower gear already that turning away such an amazing resource is, well, moronic.

Well, unless you really don't care about mythic raid gear, in which case, err, go something else, like NAO.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yes.

War Mill is useless. Already replaced mine, no point having it. If it gave a '4th' seal or gave higher chance for sockets\warforged on raid gear, sure, but its horrible in current state.
    Irrelevant?

I doubt anyone would keep a War Mill for more than a month or two (depending on play time and luck), because you've got all you can get out of it at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Once you have 25 followers at ilevel 645, the warmill/drarwen bunker are completely useless. Till then, they are invaluable.

EXACTLY.

Deleted
    not useless at all,
    1 free Bonusroll each week - awesome, i already do not want to do teh apexis daily anymore
    follower upgrades - rng based but i get a ton, it just feels very low when you do need every piece, thats why you build this and the salvage yard
    transmog gear - coul not care less, already dumped 400 of these scraps

besides there are no other useful buildings to build on the big slots.
    of course when you start out you want every building asap, but in the long run the only useful stuff is AH and Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Are you checking your War Mill cache as they trickle in or checking it once a day? I find I have better results when I check it once a day or less.
    This has no effect on the quality of items from work orders. You get items of certain quality after completing a set amount of work orders.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yes.

War Mill is useless. Already replaced mine, no point having it. If it gave a '4th' seal or gave higher chance for sockets\warforged on raid gear, sure, but its horrible in current state.
    Less horrible than the other choices.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

My Bunker seems to churn out endless amounts of Armor and Weapons, I've even been lucky enough to get a few 645 Weapons and 630 armor sets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    My Bunker seems to churn out endless amounts of Armor and Weapons, I've even been lucky enough to get a few 645 Weapons and 630 armor sets as well.
    There is no luck associated in work order rewards. Perhaps if you mean getting the item for straight 645 item instead of +9 ilvl item, then I agree with the luck part.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    There is no luck associated in work order rewards. Perhaps if you mean getting the item for straight 645 item instead of +9 ilvl item, then I agree with the luck part.
    Please explain to me how there is no luck in work order? Literally every single work order from any building has RNG attatched to it. Apexis crystals, Sorcerous elements, Abrogator stones, follower upgrades, PvP gear. You literally acknowledge the luck factor right after saying there is no luck involved. Derp.

EDIT: It is even luck based how many Iron Horde Scraps you get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Please explain to me how there is no luck in work order? Literally every single work order from any building has RNG attatched to it. Apexis crystals, Sorcerous elements, Abrogator stones, follower upgrades, PvP gear. You literally acknowledge the luck factor right after saying there is no luck involved. Derp.

EDIT: It is even luck based how many Iron Horde Scraps you get.
    You seem to get green, blue and epic enhancement after set amount of work orders.

Deleted
    Nearly completed the Shadowmoon cloth set, plus the plate set looks fing badass. Free seal is great too. I am currently saving resources but I imagine it is at least something to burn off those extra resources that people are complaining about. What would you replace it with?

Quote Originally Posted by Arawn1997 View Post
    You didn't complete all those work orders AND THEN upgrade your War Mill to level 2, right?
    I believe you start getting the follow gear at level 2, might be that, or, alternatively, you're the unluckiest person on earth
    War Mill isn't able to get Work Orders until level 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Barracks, Stables, War Mill.

Build them in that order IMO.
    barn>all

10chars

I usually only loot the cache from it once a day and get 3-6 follower upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Peg Ee View Post

I don't know why someone would complain that the War Mill is "useless" because it does exactly what it says it does.
    Probably because it doesn't do "exactly" what it says it does.

It does not say "chance" for follower upgrades
    It does not say you could get iron scraps instead of follower upgrades

Also you cannot get your seal from it if you have already bought 3 through the trader in ashran already.

I still need the scraps for transmog myself, but I feel that somewhere in the description of level 2 it should say chance for follower upgrades and at least mention iron scraps.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Probably because it doesn't do "exactly" what it says it does.

It does not say "chance" for follower upgrades
    It does not say you could get iron scraps instead of follower upgrades

Also you cannot get your seal from it if you have already bought 3 through the trader in ashran already.

I still need the scraps for transmog myself, but I feel that somewhere in the description of level 2 it should say chance for follower upgrades and at least mention iron scraps.
    The description could be worded better. It's like everything else in the garrison... you need an outside source to help you figure out what is going on.

Why would you buy 3 seals if you were getting a free one?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been considering replacing mine, as I have follower upgrade stuff piling up at this point. The free seal is nice, but not really necessary considering the overload of GR as it is, which would only improve if I stopped running work orders on the war mill all the time too.

I had no interest in any of the transmog stuff either, but at least you can DE those items so there's a small use for the scraps.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    I've been considering replacing mine, as I have follower upgrade stuff piling up at this point. The free seal is nice, but not really necessary considering the overload of GR as it is, which would only improve if I stopped running work orders on the war mill all the time too.

I had no interest in any of the transmog stuff either, but at least you can DE those items so there's a small use for the scraps.
    I'm going to build a bunker (again), as not having it around makes follower upgrades nearly non-existent.

This OP is useless.

1) Xmog gear - Idc for it, but it's there. It's a use.
    2) Upgrades - Bad luck or not, this obv isn't worthless, esp since you said you want to upgrade your followers' gear.
    3) Weekly Seal - Obv not useless. Saves gold/honor/apexis/resources if you kill raid/world bosses.

I wish there was a trash bin specifically for posts QQing because people don't understand how RNG works.

Quote Originally Posted by st33l View Post
    Once you have 25 followers at ilevel 645, the warmill/drarwen bunker are completely useless.
    For now yes, but it might be wise to stockpile upgrades for a later patch if/when they increase the follower itemlevel and missions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't pvp much so I don't have honor to buy seals which means the war mill saves me 500g/week. The xmog gear is also disenchantable so it's not a complete waste for me since otherwise I don't have use for the scraps.

If I were going to ditch it I'd probably build the stables but I can get the mounts on an alt so no loss there. Unless the goblin ws has some crazy good benefit I'm missing out on I likely keep the war mill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I'm going to build a bunker (again), as not having it around makes follower upgrades nearly non-existent.
    Really? I have gotten some upgrades through the bunker, but if I had to guess I'd say its been 65-70% from salvage and 35-40% from the bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dole4011 View Post
    This OP is useless.

1) Xmog gear - Idc for it, but it's there. It's a use.
    2) Upgrades - Bad luck or not, this obv isn't worthless, esp since you said you want to upgrade your followers' gear.
    3) Weekly Seal - Obv not useless. Saves gold/honor/apexis/resources if you kill raid/world bosses.

I wish there was a trash bin specifically for posts QQing because people don't understand how RNG works.
    Well, its really only a "free" seal if you don't use benefits #1 and #2, otherwise the combined benefits cost 840 GR per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    For now yes, but it might be wise to stockpile upgrades for a later patch if/when they increase the follower itemlevel and missions.
    Yeah, this is the only reason I've been hesitant so far to replace mine. I've got a ton of upgrades right now that I haven't really used yet because I've gotten a good 12 or 15 of my followers to 645 and haven't seen a reason to push the others past the 615-630 that they are at now. Its the same reason I've been hesitant to just dump off all my excess GR into mats to sell for gold - I keep thinking that in 6.1 or a future patch when they expand/enhance Garrisons like they mentioned that I'll find myself regretting not having this stuff stockpiled to take advantage of whatever new things they offer.