Is this about right for healer druids?

I'm only item level 599 and am only doing 18,000 HPS in normals. Is that about right for my item level? Never played a healer before and my main is a Hunter.. Also, on heavy damage fights I seem to be running OOM.. Especially when my group stands in stuff they could avoid.. Any tips to help me manage my mana?

HPS is basically irrelevant and an indicator of nothing (About you). If you can keep people alive, you're good to go. Just as you realize, people take more damage - you'll have higher healing.
    OOM is typically from spamming something too much (rejuv?). Look at where your over healing is from and try to minimize that - keep in mind smart heals are harder to minimize and should be expected to have a higher overhealing. At the same time though, if people take too much damage, you will go OOM. I think the best thing is MoC - can let people dip a little lower to "fish" procs so you can prop them back up for free.
    Last edited by boomkinhero; 2014-12-21 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boomkinhero View Post
    HPS is basically irrelevant and an indicator of nothing (About you). If you can keep people alive, you're good to go. Just as you realize, people take more damage - you'll have higher healing.
    OOM is typically from spamming something too much (rejuv?). Look at where your over healing is from and try to minimize that - keep in mind smart heals are harder to minimize and should be expected to have a higher overhealing. At the same time though, if people take too much damage, you will go OOM. I think the best thing is MoC - can let people dip a little lower to "fish" procs so you can prop them back up for free.
    So MoC is better than Germnation? Maybe that's why am I going OOM because I am trying to get 2 rejuvs on my group. lol
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2014-12-21 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    So MoC is better than Germnation? Maybe that's why am I going OOM because I am trying to get 2 rejuvs on my group. lol
    Typically I found MoC and RG better in a 5 man dungeon or heroic environment, people really don't take enough damage until CMs or Raids, specially with the amount of gear that should be kicking around now.

I'm going to disagree and state that I hate MoC, it seems most of my procs went mostly to waste (as in I didn't really get any more free RG than the one I would have gotten without the talent - the 5 seconds of free RG spam always seemed to come during movement and you can't "bank" it like you can without the talent).

For regen I do DoC (prvious tier) Wraths's, they do damage and smart healing, so at the start of the fight I could just LB + Double RJ the tank and then spam some wraths and if no DPS stand in anything then I just keep spamming wrath's until I get a clearcasting proc to RG the tank. That means until something actually happens, I've used essentially no mana.
    Last edited by AberrantJ; 2014-12-21 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Any tips to help me manage my mana?
    You could try Rampant Growth coupled with Soul of the Forest and unglyphed Regrowth. Excellent tank healing with Swiftmend+Regrowth and those +50% Wild Growths are great for healing party wide damage.