Page 1 of 87
... LastLast

Where is the content?

Honestly, what the hell is this? I know WoW is a game for casuals but seems that as of this expansion, it's a game for casual casuals. I play the game quite a lot and I simply find myself with nothing to do.

JP and VP can't be farmed anymore.
    Apexis can't be farmed in any efficient way, other than the daily assault quest.
    Heroics only give garrison supplies, that most people don't even need.

Here's a mindblowing notion. Maybe the fact why heroics have such long queues, especially as dps, is not because there are too many people doing them, but because there are too few people interested, as there is literally no reason at all to farm heroics and once you got your decent ilevel required to join LFR, hcs got nil for you. Also add the fact that many people buy AH boes instead of farming gear.

So now, that we concluded heroic farming is a thing of the past. Let's look at the other options for spending time in WoW.

*LFR. Okay, should take you about 30 min to complete it.
    *Ashran. Depending on the faction balance, it should take you 1 hour tops if your faction is winning, or it may not even be worth joining it (ie. Horde on Sylvanas). Well that's if you enjoy zerg pvp anyway.
    *Battlegrounds. Considering how fast you get geared with welfare pvp gear (now comes in boxes too, so you don't by any chance waste any time gearing in an...MMO), it should take you a 2-3 days at the very most to get fully geared.
    *Arenas. Ok, the time required for capping is now even shorter. Not that it took you long in previous expansions anyway.

There are no rep dailies to do. Yes, I know you hate dailies but, guess what, they gave you something to do. And whatever rep vendors there are they sell junk like toys, followers and blues, with the exception of the apexis vendor that requires a shitload of apexis which you can't farm anyway and by the time you do farm some, you already have better gear anyway.

Other than the raids I do 3 times per week, 3 hours each, there is nothing for me to do that would keep me occupied for more than 1 hour.

I now see why Blizzard was so hellbent on adding garrisons. Without garrisons I would have NOTHING to do at all in the game.

Last time I experienced this precise situation was roughly 5 months after SoO was released in MoP, as I was logging in, afk-ing, slacking, looking for wpvp, more slacking and afk-ing and finally logging off. This was between raids. And shortly after that I just quit WoW until the WoD release as I couldn't justify paying a sub for such light content.

Where is the fucking content, Celestalonski?!

Oh and if you're gonna suggest doing achievements and pet battles, go have sexual intercourse with yourself.

It's in the next expansion. And the next expansion's content is in the expansion after that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

It seems like you want to have current content be more grindy so you can have "more" content. Makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    It seems like you want to have current content be more grindy so you can have "more" content. Makes sense.
    I'm with the OP. I'm starting to feel the lack of content this expansion. Prior expansions had me really into them but I'm struggling to find things to do on my 3 100's outside of our raid.

Because you don't find things to interest you, doesn't mean there's nothing to do.

I prefer the lax attitude this expansion. It allows me to casually level many classes to 100.

If you're really so bored, go to Challenge modes. They rewards Transmog, Epics (at the end) and are a challenge. If that doesn't suit you, level another profession or class. If that doesn't suit you, go write a book.

Are all of these complaints about lack of content, bottom line, about the lack of dailies?

I mean I have had no shortage of things to do. On the other hand about this time in MoP I felt like there was nothing to do, because it seemed like *all there was* to do was dailies. It was about this time I cancelled MoP until 5.2, which is where that expansion hit the sweet spot for content for me.

Again, though, I've found WoD content to be plenty for me, but if people truly feel like the game needs dailies to feel like it has content, I'm all for that, as long as we have plenty of options for open-ended content too.

I would just like to add that I'm right there with you and I've done most of the new achievements....the new pet battle stuff also is surprisingly light.

I feel like we need dailies. Dailies were added specifically because there was nothing to do on a day to day basis...they seem to have forgotten this.

I feel like we are super light on content. 100% agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid on multiple difficultiues, CP cap, 3 RBGs for chance at gear, grinding Nemesis titles in Ashran, leveling alts, and doing old content are all things I'm doing right now. This is probably the most I've ever had to do in an expansion.

There are other threads where people complain about lack of content. Do we really need a new one?

OT: I understand what you are saying but I don't feel the same way, because guess what, there is content. You don't enjoy it, that's okay. Others didn't enjoy content in previous expansions. In MoP it was all 'there is no content except dailies'. It is impossible to please everyone.

Alts are you're friend. Remember all those buildings you picked, get the opposite ones on another character. That's somesthing to do, leveling is more fun then anything ive done at 100, I've got a lineup of classes I want to get to 100 and a bank account ready to instant 90, I just dont have time to level character after character.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

Deleted
    Mummy I raced to 100 in less than 24 hours, I got my HC 5 man gear within 3 days and I did all the CMs over the next week. Where is the content?

PS: I'm 0/7 HM and totally not arena capped but I think ill bitch about that too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling an alt shouldn't be considered content, that's just repeating what you've already done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isotopes View Post
    Mummy I raced to 100 in less than 24 hours, I got my HC 5 man gear within 3 days and I did all the CMs over the next week. Where is the content?

PS: I'm 0/7 HM and totally not arena capped but I think ill bitch about that too.
    You can't spend the whole day doing raids if you raid at set times during the week, so please get off your high horse. Leveling to 100 in 24 hours is irrelevant here, that is well over a month ago now, everyone has had the chance to get a character to 100 and go through all the content by now, so it's not an argument.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrizar View Post
    Alts are you're friend. Remember all those buildings you picked, get the opposite ones on another character.
    Why??? that doesnt ADD ANYTHING to immersion - at the start these building would add some immerson but they dont! AND you only need 2 chars to see all buildings (or at least that was before the fix that you can now switch the building on you main to get the other followers too!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    OT: I understand what you are saying but I don't feel the same way, because guess what, there is content.
    No there is not - doing the same thing over and over in different difficulties is NOT content!@OP: Totally down with you and you should add that WOD has the lowest numbers of new quests EVER.

Deleted
    Right now you just have to find peace with doing old school stuff, finding the liking for PvP or level alts. At least until 6.1 and hope there will be something to sink your teeth in then.

Dude, the Addon is a month old. That as nothing to do with "Getting 5 man gear in 3 days" (which, by the way, requiered only 5-6 dungeons).

I played every addon so far and of course there was always the points where nothing is left to do besides raiding. Except this points usually comes much, much later in the lifecycle of an addon.

The "there is content, you are just not interested in it!" argument is not entirely wrong, but also not entirely correct. E.g. myself. I do not like PVP and so i do not play anything that is connected to it (Arena, BGs) if i can avoid it. I know this is a big part of the game, but i am just not interested in it. This was never a problem in the past, because i had PVE stuff to do. This is not the case now.

- Heroics do not give gear or anything useful to develop my character further
    - Apexis is ok, but can only be farmed through extreme grinding (like REALLY extreme)
    - Challengemodes have the same problem as always: They are unrewarding. Sure, You can sometimes do one, and before LFR you could at least get decent gear from them, but this time is now over.
    - I always hated the LFR, but at least it was something to do. Now the queue time (~45min) is MUCH longer, then the time you spend playing IN the Raid (~20min)
    - No more Dailys (i liked them btw. ;-) )
    - Nobody needs professions anymore (is there a single one that is not crap now?)
    - Achievementhunting is ok, but this can not be the main content besides raiding...

Ofc i can raid on different difficulties - But this threas is about "What can i do BESIDES raiding?"

For some reason, they really went out of their way to eliminate as much non-raiding content as possible. I still don't understand who told them that not having 5 mans, or good reasons to do them, is doing the game a service, and why. Granted, compared to the unbelievably half-assed dungeons of MoP, the WoD 5 mans are at least good, from a gameplay point of view. But they still made sure there's no point in doing them. And it's just silly.

And then there's the omitting of outdoor/daily content because dailies are soooo bad. Well just replacing dailies with the prehistoric concept of a ridiculously tedious faction rep grind sure is no solution. It may be conveniert from a dev point of view - not having to actually come up with stuff and code it. But the output really reflects the input.

I do understand that they're struggling with the design of these systems. Like, the itemisation issues that come with 5 mans, or the right pacing and quantity of daily-based content. But their solution so far was to just do nothing instead. It shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It's in the next expansion. And the next expansion's content is in the expansion after that.
    ..and you will walk there...in knee deep snow for immersion...and you will LIKE IT!

Welcome to Wowschwitz!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm with the OP. I'm starting to feel the lack of content this expansion. Prior expansions had me really into them but I'm struggling to find things to do on my 3 100's outside of our raid.
    Been saying this for nearly a year now... getting ever so close to the most epic 'told ya so' ever. WoD. Is. Crap. I absolutely miss MoP's rep grinding right now.

I hope you put on your flamesuit OP, saying something bad about WoW in a WoW fan forum is like dressing up as meat and dance in the middle of a herd of lions.

I have to agree with pretty much everything, the start of WoD looked so promising the first week with its questing experience and new dungeons. But after that you slowly start to realise there's really not that much to get motivated for to do. Heroics and LFR have been way too easy since day 1, not even WotLK dungeons were that easy at the start. The questing experience went on too fast, there's little point in running heroics, garrisons is a pointless Facebook chore (and a feature that actually puts me off of leveling more alts), apexis dailies are just boring (at this point I just AFK and let my raid finish it for me).

This expansion is content starved, yet people will blame me for it but I played all the other expansions and I've never felt that bored after the first week with any of them, usually after a month.

this is the best xpac hands down