Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Are you wiping? was this due to the tank dieing? if yes, stay on tank
    if no, why are you wiping?
    enrage time? blame on dps
    dps dieing? blame other healers
    if not wiping, and leader is just looking at healing meters then just say "ok", but continue what you were doing

Just beacon the tanks and heal other people. tank healing achieved. also your RL is a retard
    Hi Sephurik

They're strong tank Healers, but by no means is that their only strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyranader View Post
    That I get but what I don't get is why I Am still being told to heal those 2 and only those 2 targets ><.
    Because you're raid leader is an idiot obviously. Just heal whoever you want and focus on the tanks during high tank damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Woah, some people are just stuck in BC, I guess. Your RL should really read some modern info on raiding. Nowadays all healers are at the same time tank healers and raid healers.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Woah, some people are just stuck in BC, I guess. Your RL should really read some modern info on raiding. Nowadays all healers are at the same time tank healers and raid healers.
    I want to just make clear though, that some Healers are obviously stronger and better suited to certain roles depending on the situation. Paladins are stronger Tank healers than Monks, but that doesn't mean Monks ignore Tanks and focus on Raid Healing.

As you said, those days are long gone, but it's also silly to ignore strengths of certain classes.

People are too "anti-assignment" imo after the last couple expansions of rampant smart-healing.

If tanks are consistently dying, or in serious need of extra attention, it makes perfect sense to assign somebody to them.

Everybody is criticizing the RL, but nobody even knows what OP's fellow healers are or anything else about the situation. Hell, maybe the RL wants OP healing tanks because he thinks OP is the only one capable of it.
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I want to just make clear though, that some Healers are obviously stronger and better suited to certain roles depending on the situation. Paladins are stronger Tank healers than Monks, but that doesn't mean Monks ignore Tanks and focus on Raid Healing.
    As you said, those days are long gone, but it's also silly to ignore strengths of certain classes.
    Yes, of course Paladins have more efficient tools to heal tanks. They are healing tanks even when they are healing random raiders
    That does not means that a holypala must sit on tanks and spam divine light, obviously. When shit hits the fan and tanks take lots of damage (Butcher says 'ello), it is no more a task for one healer to deal with it. Every possible healer switches to saving and healing tanks who are on a verge on dying. Same stuff with raid healing.

Moreso, most tanks nowadays have their own ways to heal or preshield incoming damage, so having a pala spamming direct heals on tanks and doing nothing but taht will lead to that pala being active kind of 20% of encounter time...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    They are still one of the strongest, if not THE strongest, tank healer.
    That said, they are not at all limited to that.
    We're only a contender for that because we can tank heal while raid healing because of beacons. We're actually very, very bad at strictly tank healing now because the beacon tax on our heals.
    Last edited by Obsession; 2014-12-24 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    I'm using double beacon talent, stick my beacons on tanks and just heal who needs healing...for mana conservation you should just spam holy light on tank that takes dmg (bcs you get 40% mana refund) same for flash of light. I usually do that while casting holy shock / eternal flame on other raid members who need heals. Works like a charm and I'm always the top healer no matter the raid size Destrobuu-Silvermoon (got pvp talents atm)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    People are too "anti-assignment" imo after the last couple expansions of rampant smart-healing.

If tanks are consistently dying, or in serious need of extra attention, it makes perfect sense to assign somebody to them.

Everybody is criticizing the RL, but nobody even knows what OP's fellow healers are or anything else about the situation. Hell, maybe the RL wants OP healing tanks because he thinks OP is the only one capable of it.
    That is true, but I think there's a distinction between "assignment" and "assigned to tunnel" - though it might not be clear from OP which is exactly the context here.

Even after the tank squish and rampant dumbing-down of smart-healing, if tanks are consistently requiring tunneling on every fight (versus some extra focus on some fights), it's probably the problem of the tank, and not the lack of babysitting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    We're actually very, very bad at strictly tank healing now because the beacon tax on our heals.
    Yeah, from what I can tell, if you don't take advantage of Beacon (meaning healing off-Beacons as well), what's the point versus taking a Paladin versus a Disc Priest or Resto Shaman, which can tunnel-heal infinitely better? It's basically not playing with one of Paladin's greatest strengths this expansion o.o

Raid leaders and healing officers generally don't care what you actually do in raids as long as the targets you are assigned to keep alive stay alive.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Raid leaders and healing officers generally don't care what you actually do in raids as long as the targets you are assigned to keep alive stay alive.
    Trust me there is more officers who are crazy about logs and all they care is HPS and no other traits that healer has.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a quick question I thought I'd ask, is it best to macro beacon to FoL and HL that way I get refunded mana? Or should I just leave the beacons on the tanks permanently and spam the shit out of HL and EF/HS? and never use HR unless my mana is fine, correct?

One more quick question, is LoD even worth using? I mean yeah its a free heal at 3+hp, but it feels extremely weak

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Healing only the tanks means you're only really using one beacon
    Just heal everyone else, you'll do 30% less tank healing but 30% more overall.
    Should only need to really go heavy on the tanks if it's a mechanic for it, like impale.
    No... No... No...!!!! Impale(and mostly tank debuff) is very easy to counter. remember paladin have talent Hand of Purity("reducing damage taken by 10% and damage over time by an additional 80% for 6 sec") you should use it well honey.

I still dont understand why that talent underrated...!? with only 30 sec cd while impale cd is 45 sec. it's fu*king OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy paladins are probably the best healer right now. They've been top two for years now.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    Holy paladins are probably the best healer right now. They've been top two for years now.
    I think Disc Priest is above us if you looking at HPS and we are second. but mana wise we still win.

The way healing was restructured so that in theory people spend the majority of the fight between 0 and 100% instead of constantly spamming the highest HPS spell with no regard for mana. The idea of healing assignments seems a bit archaic to me, especially considering how easy it is to just beacon up the the tanks and eternal flame/shield them and spot heal the raid. I guess it depends on the fight and the content though.

Quote Originally Posted by niko89 View Post
    I think Disc Priest is above us if you looking at HPS and we are second. but mana wise we still win.
    Untrue because of 2% solace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Trust me there is more officers who are crazy about logs and all they care is HPS and no other traits that healer has.
    It's your problem if you don't find a guild that looks past pure throughput.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    To answer just look at the logs and see who healed the tanks... Tbh i think this is the strongest point that pala brings in raid along with steady hps.