Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    if boost to 90 was free I wonder how many people would choose not to use it? Heirlooms to speed through levelling is the next best thing.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Posters, please ask on the official forum when you desperately need to address Blizzard in your threads for feedback and changes you would like to see.

It is not like design is by MMO Champion poster council.
    Too bad petition posts are instantly removed from Blizzard forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    if boost to 90 was free I wonder how many people would choose not to use it? Heirlooms to speed through levelling is the next best thing.
    I would probably create level 90's to fill out all slots on my account. What's the point to start at level 1? I might level one every once in a while, but I would do it a lot less.

Deleted
    Healing/tanking in leveling instances is a joke and I would even say easier than dps.

Leveling dungeons used to be harder. As a result, almost no one did them. They leveled by alternative means (like questing).

If there is one thing that Blizzard cannot stand, it's content that people ignore. That is guaranteed to get them to change things up.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It would be nice to have harder content queues available for those who want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Remember how the heroics were hard at the start of Cataclysm? Remember how much the subscriptions dropped?
    Except there was million reasons why they dropped that had nothing to do with the difficulty of dungeons.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Except there was million reasons why they dropped that had nothing to do with the difficulty of dungeons.
    You'll have to talk to Blizzard about that, since they admitted attempting to get back to a more hardcore style in Cataclysm was a mistake.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Falrach View Post
    God beware people actually want to be challenged while they level, instead if having everything handed to them for free.
    I agree mostly with the op, a bit of a challenge would be nice throughout the tedious level grinding.
    That is fine but don't expect it with a random group of people. You want a challenging dungeon make your own group and run it while under-geared.

wow is not about lvl 1 to 100. Its about lvl 100.

Leveling is a small part of it, which will be gone completly soon.

/thread

Do challenge modes?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Let them go. I don't care about subscriber numbers. I'd rather play a game with 100k subscribers if it means making the game better
    To be fair, that's called catering to you. If it has less subs, overall it's pretty safe to say the game is not "doing better" than it could be.

Blizzard cares more about the game doing well overall, which would be the sub number.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fang7986 View Post
    That is fine but don't expect it with a random group of people. You want a challenging dungeon make your own group and run it while under-geared.

Just reread what you just wrote and ask yourself if that is actually the way a game is meant to be played.....

OP , I agree with you. I actually don't do dungeons because they bore me to death...
    Dungeons are seen as free XP right now which is wrong if you ask me and it's ruining people's fun.

And please tell me that stomping those dungeons isn't your idea of fun
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    The game would always get new players, it just wouldn't attract players that leave after the first wipe because they have no time. I never said the game should be closed off to new players.
    Yeah, 'cause Wildstar's doing so fantastic right now. Really, that game is basically an object lesson in why hard MMOs won't work in today's market, not when there are so many free-play MMOs out there willing to offer you everything on a silver platter for, say, $6 a pop. EVE already has the hardcore niche pretty much cornered and it was never meant to be WoW's niche.

There are different reasons for why the subscriber numbers fall and rise. Do you think the game would have no subscribers if they make dungeons harder again?
    Well, last time they tried it they out and said that the hard dungeons were a mistake when there were no easy dungeon alternatives. It was specifically namechecked as a bad design choice in the Cataclysm post-mortems and interviews around the following Blizzcon by the same guys who spent all of Cataclysm defending them tooth and nail.

Point being, a game with a harder leveling curve might be good for you, but we have several MMOs that tried to go for WoW's hardcore audience and banked on people being down for an EverQuest-style leveling experience... and they all bombed. Wildstar lost 90% of its playerbase within months after launch and just got done having a shitload of devs fired.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

They should just remove leveling for people who have allready done it 3 times. its just a waste of time if its that easy as it is now

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    1) Leveling is not meant to be hard, deal with it.
    2) LFD is not meant to be hard, deal with it.
    3) If you want to run harder fiveman content there's challenge modes at 100.
    Points 2 and 3 actually raise a pretty interesting question, which (if I could be bothered) would probably be worth it's own thread.

Instead of making the current, acceptable difficulty level of dungeons any harder - why not add another one?

Like challenge modes? No exactly the same as challenge modes. Set a level cap for each run (ie. Wailing Caverns max level 22) and a gear cap (max ilvl 60 or whatever) and then give 3 or 4x the experience upon completion.

Don't have a group finder, same as CMs people can use the premade group finder. Record the times, have medals, go nuts.

"But that would take so much extra work" - but would it? I mean, does it really take that much time to dial it up a bit? I know balance is an obvious issue but these things aren't giving raid epics or cm sets or anything - if they are a little over/under tuned then so what? Go do a regular instance for a couple levels and try the next one at the appropriate level plateau.

Honestly would make levelling so much more attractive, would pull all the elitist heirloom min/maxers out of the dungeon finder and would provide extra incentives for going back and exploring old zones/learning new tactics.

I mean, I'm not the kind of person who generally comes up with fantasy concepts but I don't really see what this is hurting - and it adds plenty.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2014-12-23 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    wow is not about lvl 1 to 100. Its about lvl 100.

Leveling is a small part of it, which will be gone completly soon.

/thread

Most of the game in terms of environmental content, quests, bosses, etc, happens prior to max level. And the older the game gets, the greater the gap widens.

You'll get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Leveling dungeons used to be harder. As a result, almost no one did them. They leveled by alternative means (like questing).

If there is one thing that Blizzard cannot stand, it's content that people ignore. That is guaranteed to get them to change things up.
    Plenty of people did dungeons while leveling, because prior to heirloom absurdity, most of the best items for a given level range were in dungeons. What probably didn't happen was chain running dungeons to level, which I'm sure (at the time at least) was working completely as intended.

It's probably the case that this has changed more because there is more competition and thus more drive to give people exactly what they really want (i.e.: instant gratification), but...

EverQuest anyone? This thread made me think of Karnor's Castle or Sebilis.. actually having to be careful to make it down to the 'camp' spots and then easily trained and killed by others. Having experienced both that and the ease of WoW dungeons I can't help but be nostalgic for the old flair. Maybe I, too, would end up just going with the easiest and most instantly-gratifying (WoW) if given a choice, but damn if I could go back in time and be in one of those groups again...

Isn't there a happy medium?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadei View Post
    Points 2 and 3 actually raise a pretty interesting question, which (if I could be bothered) would probably be worth it's own thread.

Instead of making the current, acceptable difficulty level of dungeons any harder - why not add another one?

Like challenge modes? No exactly the same as challenge modes. Set a level cap for each run (ie. Wailing Caverns max level 22) and a gear cap (max ilvl 60 or whatever) and then give 3 or 4x the experience upon completion.
    Instance scaling tech is already in the game. It was leaked into PTR for a short time during MoP. It's something that has been on the "we'd like to do this" list for a long time and supposedly is missing the mechanic to provide incentive for it, ie. appropriate loot.

Besides appropriate loot big problem is finding enough people through LFD who would be interested in making leveling slower for them. Queue times could be easily several hours, maybe even days for dps.

Unequip some of your gear. You just made the dungeon harder. Grats.