Copeland's clarity for arcane

I asked this question in the arcane guide, but i sometimes wonder if anyone pays attention to that. I'm raiding tonight and I don't think I'll have time to test any of this out, so I was hoping someone else had the answer.

When using copelands clarity, what's best?

1. Using it seperately from arcane power after the initial pull? The trinket every 2 minutes, arcane power at 3 minutes, and then pairing them at 6 minutes?

2. Or waiting to pop the trinket on every arcane power cd?

3. Or removing glyph of arcane power, which will allow for the trinket, the cd, and evocation to align at every 2 minutes? The only problem with this is AP has a CD of 1.5 minutes with no glyph, and the trinket and evocation have 2 minute cd's.

Deleted
    Evocation has 1.5 min CD, and you shouldn't use glyphed AP because of burn phase every 1.5 min with PC, AP and Evo. Dunno about trinket, but IMO you definetly shoudn't delay burn phase for it.

I use shards of nothing (another on use trinket, haste, 2min CD too) on CD, not sure if that's optimal though but I see no other choice that would wield better results. Delaying it for 1min each time would be insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you play NT+OP then you should use Use trinkets on cooldown.

If you plan SN+PC then you should use Use trinkets with AP+PC+SNx2.

The UseHaste trinket might be different though because Haste doesn't interact with Supernova.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Thanks for the responses. What if you use SN + OP?

Also, I don't know if I'm the only arcane Mage out there who feels this way, I'm not feeling PC at all. I hate using it. If I use it perfectly every time, I can improve my DPS by 500k or so each fight? I'd rather just use OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Orb is now in quite a good place. Supernova and OP don't have good synergy. Overpowered likes Haste, Supernova doesn't.

Try Supernova and Arcane Orb. It is currently competitive and a rather fun combo. But I would then suggest using NT+OP on Kargath and Butcher and SN+AO on all other fights.

Those are the alternatives if you hate PC, but you will kind of gimp yourself doing that as SN+PC is a very strong combo for single target. We have several viable combinations, but they are also situational.
    My magic will tear you apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Arcane Orb is now in quite a good place. Supernova and OP don't have good synergy. Overpowered likes Haste, Supernova doesn't.

Try Supernova and Arcane Orb. It is currently competitive and a rather fun combo. But I would then suggest using NT+OP on Kargath and Butcher and SN+AO on all other fights.

Those are the alternatives if you hate PC, but you will kind of gimp yourself doing that as SN+PC is a very strong combo for single target. We have several viable combinations, but they are also situational.
    I actually enjoy using Arcane Orb. In my opinion where Arcane Orb shines is boosting your stacks back up. I believe, but not 100% that you get 1 for cast, and 1 per enemy struck. Depending on what fight you are on, you can bypass nearly x3 arcane blast casts, or the very least x2. I try to always make sure I dump arcane charges with Arcane Orb ready to use. I am not so great with using the Prismatic Crystal yet, save the initial burn when a boss is stationary. I think Arcane Orb should receive an additional damage boost, or to reduce the cooldown.

Sorry OP for being off topic.