New Shaman Healing Spell Ideas

Just as a fun sort of time kill, what sort of "Dream Spell" would you come up with if you were at Blizzard working on the Shaman class. We don't need exact numbers, just a ball park of what you think it would do.

Here's a go at it myself:
    Rising Tide: All party members under the effect of your Riptide spell are healed for X (healing wave roughly) and have Riptide restored to the full duration. 1 Minute Cooldown, High Mana Cost. -A little something fun to help with our spread healing as well as a unique effect.

Downpour: Your healing rain spell is instantly consumed. Targets standing in the healing rain are healed for X (large amount), this amount is reduced depending on how much time is left on the healing rain. -This could be used as a emergency group heal for a quick dip or as a pick-up-and-go option for if your raid has to keep moving.

So what sort of original spells would you like to see?
    Is this where the header goes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Resto shaman already have an abnormally high amount of cooldowns for a healing class. Healing Tide, Ascendance, Storm Ele, and Spirit Link. There are already classes that resent us for that, and I don't feel like we necessarily need a new CD to have to manage. I feel like our current number of spells is almost perfectly ideal. Any more and I would have to start adding crazy modifiers to all of my buttons on my raid frames, instead of just shift.

I would prefer to see some glyphs that add different functionality to already existing abilities. For instance, a glyph that causes chain heal to add 2 seconds of time to any riptide spell currently on any of the targets, up to a maximum of 10 additional seconds (or something like that). Perhaps sharing a slot with a glyph that causes riptide to cast on the target and to duplicate the HoT portion to the lowest-health raid member (also sharing a slot with the current glyph of riptide, for obvious reasons).

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Resto shaman already have an abnormally high amount of cooldowns for a healing class. Healing Tide, Ascendance, Storm Ele, and Spirit Link. There are already classes that resent us for that, and I don't feel like we necessarily need a new CD to have to manage. I feel like our current number of spells is almost perfectly ideal. Any more and I would have to start adding crazy modifiers to all of my buttons on my raid frames, instead of just shift.

I would prefer to see some glyphs that add different functionality to already existing abilities. For instance, a glyph that causes chain heal to add 2 seconds of time to any riptide spell currently on any of the targets, up to a maximum of 10 additional seconds (or something like that). Perhaps sharing a slot with a glyph that causes riptide to cast on the target and to duplicate the HoT portion to the lowest-health raid member (also sharing a slot with the current glyph of riptide, for obvious reasons).
    While i agree our CDs are everywhere, all of those are mainly raid wide utility. I think we lack of single target CD (not that i know if we even have one). Spirit Link may be a tank saver, but still its not as efficient as the other class to cast on most cases on raid. I mean to stack with tank or to project the totem itself is kinda hindering (or clunky?) seeing how other class can simply click the target. Pally with Lay on Hand, Priests with Pain Suppresion and Guardian Spirit (on each of their own specs), Drood with Iron Bark, Monk with Jade Cocoon. Shaman with...?

OT: I love to have a single target CD. Perhaps Earth Barrier or something? That consume all of the targeted Earth Shield to reduce damage taken on target by x percent and absorb x damage for 6 secs. 2 mins CD. I also miss Earthliving proc. Just love the proccing sound effect lol.

Deleted
    First : Sorry for my english , i really try to improve my skill.
    Something like :
    An Earth Shield's proc, when an stack of earth shield is consumed there is 4% chance he explode and give to 3 ally a small earth shield with 3 stacks who heal for 40% of the normal earth shield's heal.

Or an other CD x) with same logic :
    You makes your Earth Shield explode, and give to 5 ally (who have the less HP), an earth shield with 4 stack, and heal for 60% of the normal shield's procs. 3min CD.
    For prevent hard group healing.

Can it be a good idea ?

Deleted
    I personally really like the triage healer niche we have, with our cooldowns and our mastery, some more stuff along those lines I think would be really fun. An Absorb mechanic would work really well with this, because it would actually keep the target at low HP, allowing for more spells to benefit from mastery too, however I think that it should be a cooldown instead of a rotational spell to make sure we stay out of Disc's Shield niche.

I quite like the idea of a talent/glyph that alters the way our current cooldowns work, instead of just giving us a new one. Maybe the splash healing from Ascendance is reduced by 10%, but now applies Shields instead of healing (reduced output because Absorbs are better than a normal Heal in a 1-1 ratio). That would be wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    Rising Tide: All party members under the effect of your Riptide spell are healed for X (healing wave roughly) and have Riptide restored to the full duration. 1 Minute Cooldown, High Mana Cost. -A little something fun to help with our spread healing as well as a unique effect.
    This is pretty much exactly how the monk spell Uplift works. All targets affected by their main HoT are instantly healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    Downpour: Your healing rain spell is instantly consumed. Targets standing in the healing rain are healed for X (large amount), this amount is reduced depending on how much time is left on the healing rain. -This could be used as a emergency group heal for a quick dip or as a pick-up-and-go option for if your raid has to keep moving.
    This is pretty much exactly how the druid spell Wild Mushroom: Bloom works. Their ongoing ground effect is consumed for an instant burst of healing.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    I personally really like the triage healer niche we have, with our cooldowns and our mastery, some more stuff along those lines I think would be really fun. An Absorb mechanic would work really well with this, because it would actually keep the target at low HP, allowing for more spells to benefit from mastery too, however I think that it should be a cooldown instead of a rotational spell to make sure we stay out of Disc's Shield niche.

I quite like the idea of a talent/glyph that alters the way our current cooldowns work, instead of just giving us a new one. Maybe the splash healing from Ascendance is reduced by 10%, but now applies Shields instead of healing (reduced output because Absorbs are better than a normal Heal in a 1-1 ratio). That would be wicked.
    Love the idea of absorbs brought on by Ascendance, unfortunately the glyph would become mandatory for resto which Blizz has kind of went away from, maybe a talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Alltat View Post
    This is pretty much exactly how the monk spell Uplift works. All targets affected by their main HoT are instantly healed.

This is pretty much exactly how the druid spell Wild Mushroom: Bloom works. Their ongoing ground effect is consumed for an instant burst of healing.
    So what?

Wild Mushroom's ground effect is exactly how Healing Rain works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubathingy View Post
    But anyway it's OK to be jelly of the tallest midget.

Deleted
    Parting The Waves:

2.5 Second cast time 10,000 Mana

You summon 4 tidal waves out of your character that rush through allies and foes dealing 40k damage and 40k healing

1 minute CD

Also...

Earth barrier:

3 second cast time

You summon a wall of rock blocking all spells but also allowing friendly spells to pass

Lasts 15 seconds 2 minute CD

For the moment I only want Riptide to heal for a bit more, and Earth Shield to be an actual shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Love the idea of absorbs brought on by Ascendance, unfortunately the glyph would become mandatory for resto which Blizz has kind of went away from, maybe a talent?
    That is why I said it should actually be a loss in HPS to use, but an increase in potential through absorbs instead of heals. I think it could definitely be balanced in such a way that it would be the perfect 'you want it on this fight, but not on this fight' thing, which is - as I understand it - the desired goal of both the talent and the glyph system.

A glyph that adds a healing ability to lightning bolt for resto

Invigorating Plasma:
    Your lightning no longer singes, but invigorates, increasing the healing the target recieves from your spells by X. This ability applies X stacks, and each ability consumes 1 stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfighter101 View Post
    A glyph that adds a healing ability to lightning bolt for resto

Invigorating Plasma:
    Your lightning no longer singes, but invigorates, increasing the healing the target recieves from your spells by X. This ability applies X stacks, and each ability consumes 1 stack.
    Hmm...why would you bother to weave a buff stacks on a target when you can just simply spam them with the heal straight up lol. Even our mastery itself is already serve great purpose for this extra healing received buff. Or do you mean it works like Evangelism stacks on Disc Priest?

I miss Ancestral Healing, Ancestral Awakening and Earthliving procs...