Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Since it's not housing anyway, it doesn't need to be in the next expansion. What do you wanna do with old profession stuff there anyway? And we don't to update the garrison into every expansion just so we can run chores.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Chilton's explanation was generic blabber.
    More like your lack of intelligence, it appears.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-12-23 at 02:52 PM.

Seeing as AU Draenor and the large part of its story characters won't be part of lore after WoD anyway it makes sense. We'll inevitably leave all that happens there behind and move on. The only thing we might take with us, in a lore kind of way, is our experience as a commander of troops and war efforts, which might be used in something similar to garrisons in the future. Totally possible. But what happens on Draenor stays on Draenor. Should have been clear the moment they said AU.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    More like your lack of intelligence, it appears.
    Please quote what you think was Chilton's explanation and I will show you why it's generic blabber.

Please quote what you think was Chilton's explanation and I will show you why it's generic blabber.
    Why don't you quote it?

Oh, right, because you don't even know what he said but decided to blather anyway.

Why don't you quote it?

Oh, right, because you don't even know what he said but decided to blather anyway.
    No, because I heard many things Chilton said and not one of them was explanation (non-generic blabber), so I am at a bit of a loss what you think was explanation.

They said that these specific garrisons won't carry over into the next expansion, but I think it is pretty safe to assume that we will have something very similar to these garrisons next expansion.

Deleted
    any source on this? I really doubt Blizz will just throw Garrisons out of window for the next xpac, they put so much work into them.

Deleted
    When will they do something about the insane phasing issues we have in Draenor?

The way i read it the current garrison and stuff wont carry over which i am totally fine with. Even assuming the next xpac takes place on alt dra which i doubt it would have to take place on a different Continent. We would need to set up a new base of operation which lets them have some freedom of keeping the garrison idea fresh by not having it be just a upgrade IE garrison level 4 or 5 but something brand new. It lets them improve on what worked and trash what didn't+ add cool new stuff.

Maybe some of the followers you got come with like you can pick 5 or so to go with you to your new base that would be cool but other then that everything else needs to be left behind as was the farm before it. Now if the expansion takes place back in the prime timeline be it with the Naga or Legion HQ it makes zero sense what so ever for our garrison from a different timeline have anything to do with it. That is how i took the statement anyway.

Why don't you quote it?

OK, you mean this bit (I think this was the latest)?

"Super happy overall with how garrisons have worked out, at least for now. One of our goals for the expansion was to add a feature that felt like it gave players new gameplay that feels important and thematically tied to the expansion. We'll have to wait and see on future expansions. Certainly, we have a goal of providing awesome new gameplay that mixes up your experience for future expansions, but that can take many forms (be it "garrisons 2.0", elements of garrisons mixed in with other new stuff, other new stuff completely, etc). Regardless, new stuff that fits an expansion well and doesn't feel like an already-solved problem is definitely cool!"

It's generic blabber. Congrats.

Replace the word "garrisons" with "challenge modes" or "jumping puzzles" or "additions to professions" and it all holds. That's "generic".

Remove trivialities like "we want features to feel important" and "we will have to wait and see" which is contentless filler everyone can say without blues and there is nothing left. That's "blabber".

QED.

The first phrase doesn't mean much either if you want to know, they are always "super happy" about everything unless they have a total disaster the scale of this launch, which was absolutely horrible.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they would remove the feature entirely, it would seem like a waste. Regardless of your view on garrisons I think most can admit that the idea has potential, whether or not you enjoy them this time around or don't is entirely up to opinion, but I do think that they are a good feature.

As to their comment I just read it as that our current garrison would have nothing to do with another in the next expansion. It wouldn't make sense honestly and it would put players massively behind who don't have one. Might be cool if you could recruit some followers from your old garrison to go forward, but obviously a really minor role at the best.

I don't know what they intend to do going forward, but I feel it would be a mistake not to have them in some form next expansion. Whether they would play as a big of a role I don't really know. They could easily be downsized some and just be part of the content package as they introduce another big feature. I'd feel that having it the MAJOR focus wouldn't be good as they've already done it, but having it in some incarnation would be a good idea.

Deleted
    I love garrisons, Im using them to work towards the gold cap for next expansion, and so far, its smooth sailing.

Does give alot of additional value to my alts however, making changing servers / factions a very rough thing to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilain View Post
    any source on this? I really doubt Blizz will just throw Garrisons out of window for the next xpac, they put so much work into them.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/the-future-of...rcraft/#page-2

"In some ways," Chilton says, "I wish we had kept some features bound to the expansions they lived in to make room for more innovation without players feeling like we were taking something away." He points to the Archaeology profession introduced in Cataclysm as an example; he wishes they’d removed it in time for Mists of Pandaria. It’s a practice he intends to follow in the future. The garrisons introduced in the upcoming Warlords of Draenor expansion, for instance, won’t carry over to whatever comes next."

Also here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments...gv8h?context=1

Super happy overall with how garrisons have worked out, at least for now. One of our goals for the expansion was to add a feature that felt like it gave players new gameplay that feels important and thematically tied to the expansion. We'll have to wait and see on future expansions. Certainly, we have a goal of providing awesome new gameplay that mixes up your experience for future expansions, but that can take many forms (be it "garrisons 2.0", elements of garrisons mixed in with other new stuff, other new stuff completely, etc).

I get the point of having expansion-specific content, and also understand that they're unhappy with ending up not knowing where to go with certain features (guild leveling) and not seeing how to take them further. I still think garrisons are a feature that's too good to leave it be as a one-off experience.

It's this Xpac's scenerios... maybe a little more forced down our throats.

blah
    Like I said.

Sounds like jibberish to you because you don't understand it. Not my, or Chilton's, fault.

Replace the word "garrisons" with "challenge modes" or "jumping puzzles" or "additions to professions" and it all holds. That's "generic".
    Duh, similar things can be described in similar ways. What a discovery.

That you can substitute different game mechanics for a statement about the success of a game mechanic doesn't prove anything other than your desperation to read it in a certain way.

- - - Updated - - -

I still think garrisons are a feature that's too good to leave it be as a one-off experience.
    And if Blizzard thinks so too, we'll get a new garrison or garrison-equivalent in 7.0.

I started my 2nd Highmaul Raid Mission last night. 100% success rate. I woke up and did my normal daily routine of collecting all my stuff and setting them all on longer Missions while I go to work. I get my 655 Crate, sweet! Open it up and...............same piece I got two weeks ago.

I laughed a bit to myself then went on to work. RNG is a cruel mistress.

Good.
    Maybe in the future if they make a system like this they won't sink so much dev time into it that it has to get its tendrils in every part of the game.
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Duh, similar things can be described in similar ways. What a discovery.

That you can substitute different game mechanics for a statement about the success of a game mechanic doesn't prove anything other than your desperation to read it in a certain way.
    I am not sure why you feel like moving from talking about the game to talking about players who are talking about the game. There is no desperation on my part.

Chilton's words about garrisons were generic blabber, that's all I am saying. Practical meaning: you can't deduce anything from these words, they mean nothing, if you ask him about garrisons today, he might answer something completely different - or the same useless amorphous blabber if he doesn't feel like answering or if they haven't decided yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Like I said.

Sounds like jibberish to you because you don't understand it. Not my, or Chilton's, fault.
    Yeah, I understood that "one of their goals for the expansion was to add a feature that felt like it gave players new gameplay that feels important and thematically tied to the expansion". Show that sentence to people without saying the word "garrisons" and ask them what it is about and how much useful info is there.

Generic. Blabber.