Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

so...about hunter/rdruid

I know the game isn't balanced around 2s...but...but...I don't even. I'm crying. This comb. So...I'm slowed 100% of the game so I'm moving towards a resto druid at the speed of a grandpa in a wheelchair. yes, you heard that right, a resto druid...slowed at all times...see the problem? then when I catch up to the druid once every 2 minutes or so I stun...oh what's that? oh only: SKIN, ANOTHER SKIN, PET SAC, KNOCK TRAP and the cherry on top of the cake: I get rooted...twice.

GO HUNTER YOU SCRUB! okay...okay...I go hunter...so I get to him...oh hey thanks guys that was easy! way better than the druid...hu? but where is the hunter? OH! all out a sudden the hunter is across the map running at 180% movement speed... I'm like NO MY FRIEND YOU WON'T GET AWAY...I run to him...guys I got him it's fine...but wait? is that...is that...is that a 4 second root every 14 seconds in addition to the permanent slow? YES! yes it is =) oh okay...let me just break the roots...HA! I'm free! wait why am I rooted? oh the druid spam casts root on me. HEY HEALER WTF ARE YOU DOING STOP THE ROOTS! I look to my healer...who looks a little chilly...I wonder why that might be...well maybe because he just got TRIPPLE DR TRAPPED.

"And as always...the dews are listening."

this is why I have trust issues.

Deleted
    You'll probably have more luck with the target dummies. Can be found in most major cities and also in your own garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Give us more info than complaints. As of now, all you've done is terrible things to ellipses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    As of now, all you've done is terrible things to ellipses.
    I'm planning on publishing my post. Actually this post was just the first page of a new novel of mine. Already contacted major publishers. It will be a huge success. Will let you guys know once it's out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swiph View Post
    You'll probably have more luck with the target dummies. Can be found in most major cities and also in your own garrison.
    wait...someone complains about something in PvP? HE MUST BE THE TERRIBADEST PLAYER IN ALL OF EXISTENCE THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    wait...someone complains about something in PvP? HE MUST BE THE TERRIBADEST PLAYER IN ALL OF EXISTENCE THERE IS NO OTHER EXPLANATION!
    As the teribadest player in PvP, I an assure you, there's no other explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the feels bro. I faced numerous rdruids and a few hunter/rdruid comps in 2v2 and there's literally no way for me to kill any of them. Literally no way. When I go on the rdruid depending which talent choice he has I can't even catch up to him. If he plays with the ranged snare I might as well just afk because there's literally, literally no way I can ever catch up to any of the two. That shit is literally idiotic and more swear words.

Basically depending on your class you should just leave arena. No joke. As a monk it's no use at least.

Deleted
    I know the game isn't balanced around 2s...but...but...I don't even. I'm crying. This comb. So...I'm slowed 100% of the game so I'm moving towards a resto druid at the speed of a grandpa in a wheelchair. yes, you heard that right, a resto druid...slowed at all times...see the problem? then when I catch up to the druid once every 2 minutes or so I stun...oh what's that? oh only: SKIN, ANOTHER SKIN, PET SAC, KNOCK TRAP and the cherry on top of the cake: I get rooted...twice.

GO HUNTER YOU SCRUB! okay...okay...I go hunter...so I get to him...oh hey thanks guys that was easy! way better than the druid...hu? but where is the hunter? OH! all out a sudden the hunter is across the map running at 180% movement speed... I'm like NO MY FRIEND YOU WON'T GET AWAY...I run to him...guys I got him it's fine...but wait? is that...is that...is that a 4 second root every 14 seconds in addition to the permanent slow? YES! yes it is =) oh okay...let me just break the roots...HA! I'm free! wait why am I rooted? oh the druid spam casts root on me. HEY HEALER WTF ARE YOU DOING STOP THE ROOTS! I look to my healer...who looks a little chilly...I wonder why that might be...well maybe because he just got TRIPPLE DR TRAPPED.

IRL laughed hard. So true man. I can 100% sign on all this, i play Hpala and when i see survhunter i might aswell autoquit aswell,

Let me guess OP, you play a DK?

Deleted

I don't know what that is, but it is fucking beautiful *_*

Is resto/sv really that stronk?

And is 15% multi buffed and scaled enough to play SV in its supposed stronkedness?
    Last edited by Tyderi; 2014-12-22 at 08:31 AM.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    Multi isn't all that important as Sv in pvp.

In PvE the current stat values are (from Azor's guide):
    SV:
    Code:
    Agility                   1.00
    MainHandDps               0.94
    AttackPower               0.90
    Multistrike               0.52
    Versatility               0.39
    CriticalStrike            0.36
    Mastery                   0.25
    Haste                     0.24
    Remember, those are the PvE values.
    In PvP crit's bonus damage as well as the proc amount of Ms is halved, and so are their values.

Which means:
    Vers (0.39) > Ms (0.26) >= Mastery (0.25) >= Haste (0.24) > Crit (0.17)

So, you want as much Versatility as possible, the other stats are equally "bad" nowadays. (Bad because their numbers are as low compared to Agi, so they won't make much of a difference).

Note though that dropping the 4p bonus isn't worth it. I simmed full gladi gear once with as much Vers as possible and once with only the chest exchanged so you keep the 4piece bonus.
    The difference is ~100 dps.
    The Set bonus can be averaged to 10.83333.....% more damage (depending on when you ES hit), which means +300 dps (ES did ~3.2k dps in the sim iirc).

Now, those sims weren't fully optimized, but give a general idea of how worthwhile the stats are.

TL;DR:
    Go for Vers, avoid crit, everything else is ATM (meaning, as far as we currently know) pretty equal.
    You don't need X% of any stat to be playable as Sv.
    So basically, I need to farm Assram rep. Great.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this thread from the past? Since when has surv hunter been viable in pvp?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukioish View Post
    Is this thread from the past? Since when has surv hunter been viable in pvp?
    I think you may have missed much game play..look at the EU 3v3 ladder..all SV..all the time..

Also people have discovered how to spec and gear SV and PvE wises switching except for 1 fight in which the boss has some sort of anti magic mechanic you go MM

10+ Year Old Account
    Since WoD?
    All hunter specs are, but Sv has the benefit of still having Entrapment (root on ice/snake trap (but you can only have either or)) as well as no CDs and pretty much only dots, so you always have all your damage and aren't relying on cooldowns to burst someone.

Especially in the EU 3v3 it's very popular, in the US there are mostly BM and MM hunter in the top ranks.

Each spec has it's benefits and is totally playable atm.
    I suppose I see the point of surv, but I feel like pets are stronger than dots atm. Honestly I don't see any surv hunters, and the MM hunters I do see get rolled outside of their burst chimera/aimed.

EDIT: okay holy shit, I checked EU leaderboards and you're right, they're all literally surv. Which is crazy because here on US, its all BM. How could they differ so much lol.
    Last edited by Rukioish; 2014-12-22 at 10:13 AM.

I'm just calling it that everyone is going to start complaining about SV hunters even though they've been the same since the start except for maybe a serpent sting buff.

"It's on the ranking boards now, therefor it must be OP!"

Deleted
    Love the hate on rdruids.
    As soon as they don't die as soon as you
    put them in your target there is an outrage.

Get better!

Wow qq thread about 2v2.

10+ Year Old Account
    HEY HEALER WTF ARE YOU DOING STOP THE ROOTS! I look to my healer...who looks a little chilly...I wonder why that might be...well maybe because he just got TRIPPLE DR TRAPPED.
    this was fkn hilarious.. lol.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wait till you see Mist + Hunter. They have more CCs than an entire raid group
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty much passive dmg vs utility, I guess.
    Not sure how bm pets and sv dots compare, I haven't played much besides sv so far, as I just like the playstyle a lot more.

And yeah, the difference is crazy. ^^
    Similar for dk, btw.
    US: frost and a few UH
    EU: mostly UH and some frost, but not as extreme as on the US.

Quite interesting how these things develop. :3
    i think there is usually a big difference in the amount of locks EU vs US too.. which influences comp make ups a lot too (not that relevant in this case.. but another interesting difference between the 2).