iLVL/Crit needed for Fury?

I'm still stuck in Glad - and I've been away for awhile. I'm seeing that Fury got buffed a ton and I'm still stuck with a ton of Gladiator gear atm. I was wondering is there a threshold I should be trying to attain for Fury? A certain item level or %crit with buffs I should be reaching for?

I appreciate any help.

Fury is really gear dependant and Glad is not. So if you dont have a good Fury set its better to just stay Glad until you do because you can simply do some great dmg with Glad without the gear. Id say that anything above 20% crit raid buffed works decently enough but you also need some good weapons and trinkets to make fury worth it. Just dont go Fury if that means you will lose ilvls because it will prolly mean you will go back in dps aswell. Aim for as much crit as you can get and if you cant go for mastery/multistrike.

I maintained 99.4% enrage uptime on Butcher with ~22% crit raid buffed. So 17% crit unbuffed.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fury is a lot less gear dependent than it used to be back in Mists. It's really not THAT gear dependent after the crit chance buff to BT. The easiest and most accurate way for you to check which spec does the most DPS with your current gear if for you to download Simcraft and sim your DPS in each spec in your gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherle View Post
    I maintained 99.4% enrage uptime on Butcher with ~22% crit raid buffed. So 17% crit unbuffed.
    You were very very lucky then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hareem View Post
    Fury is a lot less gear dependent than it used to be back in Mists. It's really not THAT gear dependent after the crit chance buff to BT. The easiest and most accurate way for you to check which spec does the most DPS with your current gear if for you to download Simcraft and sim your DPS in each spec in your gear.
    Well it's gear dependent in different ways. Before, with a 6s enrage, if BT didn't crit you were guaranteed to have at least 1.5s of not being enraged, unless you had BzR up. Now, with a little haste and a 8s enrage, even with lower crit it is far easier to keep enrage uptime high.

That being said you are also less likely to crit now than you were in at least SoO, maybe ToT, so it is gear reliant in so far as to maintain a steady rotation and procing enrage, but less so to keep enrage up.